Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

Obama Issues Executive Orders On 5m Undocumented Immigrants - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Obama Issues Executive Orders On 5m Undocumented Immigrants (1421 Views)

Traffic Gridlock: Ambode Orders Relocation Of Bus Terminals / UK Ends Free NHS Care For Foreign Students & Immigrants / Obama To Grant Work Permits To Younger Undocumented Immigrants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obama Issues Executive Orders On 5m Undocumented Immigrants by Nobody: 2:33am On Nov 21, 2014
President Barack Obama has promised to issue a set of executive orders that will effectively allow up to 5 million undocumented immigrants to avoid the risk of deportation according to an NBC News report.

The President has previously said that he would prefer to work with the US Congress in undertaking a more comprehensive immigration reform, but his chances of achieving this has been made near impossible as a result gains made by Republicans in the recently midterm elections with control of both chambers of Congress going to Republicans.

Today, the President addressed the nation outlining his intentions and explaining that in the absence of cooperation from Congress he was forced to use his executive powers to provide relief to undocumented immigrants, but only within boundaries of the law.

It is widely expected that the executive orders in question will build upon President Obama’s previous executive 2012 Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, popularly known as the DREAM Act, by providing deportation relief to undocumented parents of US citizens and permanent residency holders. Millions of undocumented persons who qualify for President Obama’s immigration relief program will be also be eligible to receive work permits.

International students with graduate degrees in specialized fields are also amongst groups that will benefit from President Obama’s executive orders.

US Republican lawmakers, however, have expressed their anger at The President’s use of his executive authorities on the matter, claiming that the moves were unconstitutional and were the result of political calculations designed to secure significant support from immigrant groups, particularly an emerging Latin American political base.

"Just as with Obamacare, the action the President is proposing isn't about solutions," Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell said on the Senate floor Thursday. "It isn't about compassion. It seems to be about what a political party thinks would make for good politics." McConnell added.
http://saharareporters.com/2014/11/20/obama-issue-executive-orders-allowing-five-million-undocumented-immigrants-stay-us
Re: Obama Issues Executive Orders On 5m Undocumented Immigrants by borntosave: 2:48am On Nov 21, 2014
embarassed
Re: Obama Issues Executive Orders On 5m Undocumented Immigrants by Nobody: 2:52am On Nov 21, 2014
CFCfan please what are the details
I get one friend wey been dey wait for this announcement as the last resort
Re: Obama Issues Executive Orders On 5m Undocumented Immigrants by SLIDEwaxie(m): 2:57am On Nov 21, 2014
Nice one jare, my black person.
Those whites wld av loved to just deport them all..though, I'm sure this order will be countermanded when a republican is elected come the next election!
Re: Obama Issues Executive Orders On 5m Undocumented Immigrants by jeffizy(m): 3:07am On Nov 21, 2014
Not yet touch down fellas.

His decision to make use of "executive orders" has brought Republican dominated legislative arm into a tempestuous mood.

The argument is about granting stay status to misfits and miscreants alike which does not put the average American at ease.

If it sails through , good for illegal immigrants, if not, better luck soon....I hope.
Re: Obama Issues Executive Orders On 5m Undocumented Immigrants by Horus(m): 3:14am On Nov 21, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODPuyfbeaYI

[size=15pt]President Obama's Immigration Announcement[/size]

1 Like

Re: Obama Issues Executive Orders On 5m Undocumented Immigrants by ElekeNtioba: 3:53am On Nov 21, 2014
The man is doing his best to carve out a legacy for himself. The Republicans just wont let him.

1 Like

Re: Obama Issues Executive Orders On 5m Undocumented Immigrants by tpia6: 3:58am On Nov 21, 2014
can someone just spell this out so we know what exactly is happening.
Re: Obama Issues Executive Orders On 5m Undocumented Immigrants by texanomaly(f): 4:01am On Nov 21, 2014
tpia6:
can someone just spell this out so we know what exactly is happening.

President Obama is rewarding people who break immigration laws. That is the gist of it.

3 Likes

Re: Obama Issues Executive Orders On 5m Undocumented Immigrants by Nobody: 4:22am On Nov 21, 2014
babyosisi:
- Any undocumented immigrant who has lived in the US for over 5 yrs, has kids who are legal residents, and has been working and paying taxes, would be given the opportunity to be a temporary legal resident.

- Obama's EO doesn't apply to future undocumented immigrants. It only benefits about 5 million immigrants.

1 Like

Re: Obama Issues Executive Orders On 5m Undocumented Immigrants by Nobody: 4:28am On Nov 21, 2014
Attention:Us border open,go in through the border,don't worry about being illegal,the President will issue an "executive" order. This man is something else lol
Ayamlaykorn
Ayamlaykorn
Re: Obama Issues Executive Orders On 5m Undocumented Immigrants by Nobody: 4:29am On Nov 21, 2014
laykorn:
Attention:Us border open,go in through the border,don't worry about being illegal,the President will issue an "executive" order. This man is something else lol
Ayamlaykorn
Ayamlaykorn
Lol
Re: Obama Issues Executive Orders On 5m Undocumented Immigrants by Nobody: 5:32am On Nov 21, 2014
CFCfan:

- Any undocumented immigrant who has lived in the US for over 5 yrs, has kids who are legal residents, and has been working and paying taxes, would be given the opportunity to be a temporary legal resident.

- Obama's EO doesn't apply to future undocumented immigrants. It only benefits about 5 million immigrants.

Do undocumented immigrants pay taxes?
When they can't get a social security number or work permit
This will benefit no one
Undocumented immigrants work under the table
Re: Obama Issues Executive Orders On 5m Undocumented Immigrants by Lucasbalo(m): 6:29am On Nov 21, 2014
babyosisi:

This will benefit no one
A lots of undocumented immigrants pay taxes . They just have to get tax number. You don't need social security number to pay taxes if you are undocumented.
Re: Obama Issues Executive Orders On 5m Undocumented Immigrants by Nobody: 6:33am On Nov 21, 2014
babyosisi:

This will benefit no one
Oh yes.
Re: Obama Issues Executive Orders On 5m Undocumented Immigrants by 2cato: 7:13am On Nov 21, 2014
What if i enterd USA today and claim that i have been there for 8 years hidding in a farm will they still allow me to register
Re: Obama Issues Executive Orders On 5m Undocumented Immigrants by Nobody: 7:20am On Nov 21, 2014
2cato:
What if i enterd USA today and claim that i have been there for 8 years hidding in a farm will they still allow me to register
Sure,if you'll present the farm animals as your kids with the legal residence....
Ayamlaykorn
Re: Obama Issues Executive Orders On 5m Undocumented Immigrants by 2cato: 7:29am On Nov 21, 2014
Clown how far?
Have you or anybody you know ever presented chicken goats and pig as ur legal shildren and it was accepted?
laykorn:

Sure,if you'll present the farm animals as your kids with the legal residence....
Ayamlaykorn
Re: Obama Issues Executive Orders On 5m Undocumented Immigrants by fittty(m): 12:26am On Nov 22, 2014
babyosisi:

Friend kor family ni cheesy... Shey na so you like your friend reach.? tongue. lol. We all know it's you. Ya dream don come true finally... grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady Made To Miss Her Emirates Flight Because She Didn’t..... / MBA In USA. Cost Implications / Please Help, I Do I Pay For My Gre Exam Via Ets Portal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.