Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

Macy's Cancelled My Online Order Because Of Nigeria's Dented Image - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Macy's Cancelled My Online Order Because Of Nigeria's Dented Image (3499 Views)

My Online Business Three Questions. Experience Answers Only Please! / My Online Shopping Experience With Jumia / Can I Start My Online Biz Career With N5,000? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Macy's Cancelled My Online Order Because Of Nigeria's Dented Image by ebimila: 11:18am On Nov 21, 2014
So sad!!! i ordered for some stuff from MACY's website (brand with chain of department stores in the US) and made payment using my NAIRA MASTERCARD using a relative address as my shipping and billing address. i got an alert for the debit charge and then attempted to track the order. Alas! i discovered within a short time after the transaction the order was cancelled. And then i discovered an email had been sent to me notifying of the cancellation and requesting i contacted their customer care line. So i went ahead to call the number just to inquire why the order was cancelled.

Now this is funny part. She goes on to ask the billing address and i tell her its a relative but i used my card from naija because they dont have Nigeria listed among the countries they ship to internationally. She requests for a little time to make inquiries. Gues what? She returns with that thank you for interest in Macy's blah blah blah speech and then caps it up saying unfortunately they no longer do business with that region (Nigeria) now and in the future angry

According to Gordons, i chock!!! I mean i know the country image is been battered by the day with the atrocities of our YAHOOZEE brodas but didn't think it is so bad. What could i have done but to say NO PROBLEM in between all her fake apologies. The solution here is probably buy locally, get someone over there to buy and pay online for you or wait till you travel to shop cry cry undecidedif dem go give you visa ooo.
Re: Macy's Cancelled My Online Order Because Of Nigeria's Dented Image by Sloan: 11:40am On Nov 21, 2014
Hahaha...save the sob stories for yourself and self-deceiving Nigerians! You people in Nigeria have been hiding under a rock since forever, refusing to wake up to the reality that no one else is fooled but yourselves! Foreigners know more about the truth of the situation in Nigeria than Nigerians will ever admit and will act on that, whether you like it or not.

A Nigeria in which the EFCC is dead, Police dead, Army, Airforce corrupted so badly they cannot win a mere cage fight with BH in a small part of Nigeria, SSS now has the job of not protecting the state but Jonadumbdumb's blind power grab shutting down the National Assembly, you think the world is not paying attention?

If your TAN lies are so true, then spend your money in Nigeria, we do not need it here! Your economy is now 510 B thanks to TAN lies, unemployment rate is 1%, etc, why not buy locally? Forget visa, we will not be giving visa to you Nigerians anymore - we want you to thoroughly enjoy the paradise and fresh air of retardinhoGEJ!

4 Likes

Re: Macy's Cancelled My Online Order Because Of Nigeria's Dented Image by omenka(m): 11:47am On Nov 21, 2014
What about your money?? Was it refunded??
Re: Macy's Cancelled My Online Order Because Of Nigeria's Dented Image by HOTARIO(m): 11:51am On Nov 21, 2014
Shop through Mall for Africa and you will get your goods. Check how to on mallforafrica.com

1 Like

Re: Macy's Cancelled My Online Order Because Of Nigeria's Dented Image by tinkinjow: 11:53am On Nov 21, 2014
Abegi spare us this trash.
At the above comments please keep enjoying while it last. Check ur history very well and ll discover that what Nigeria is going through now at the hands of the western media is nothing compared to what they used to churn out about China.
Fast forward to today, they are going cap in hand begging the same China to do business with them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Macy's Cancelled My Online Order Because Of Nigeria's Dented Image by Nobody: 11:57am On Nov 21, 2014
Its simple. Those guys don't need Ur money so why can't u buy from Nigerian countries?

We keep complaining abt other countries' perception of us without striving to make ours better. Mchteew
Re: Macy's Cancelled My Online Order Because Of Nigeria's Dented Image by ebimila: 12:00pm On Nov 21, 2014
omenka:
What about your money?? Was it refunded??

i forgot to mention that it has been refunded sort of. When i checked via atm it reflected in Ledger balance but not available balance. i made the transaction last night so i guess i have to wait a while. Besides i am told that usually the debit hits your account, more like holding that portion for your transaction pending confirmation and if it sails through, they get credited. But if the transaction does not sail through, the funds are released but it takes a little time.
Re: Macy's Cancelled My Online Order Because Of Nigeria's Dented Image by ebimila: 12:08pm On Nov 21, 2014
Sloan:
Hahaha...save the sob stories for yourself and self-deceiving Nigerians! You people in Nigeria have been hiding under a rock since forever, refusing to wake up to the reality that no one else is fooled but yourselves! Foreigners know more about the truth of the situation in Nigeria than Nigerians will ever admit and will act on that, whether you like it or not.

A Nigeria in which the EFCC is dead, Police dead, Army, Airforce corrupted so badly they cannot win a mere cage fight with BH in a small part of Nigeria, SSS now has the job of not protecting the state but Jonadumbdumb's blind power grab shutting down the National Assembly, you think the world is not paying attention?

If your TAN lies are so true, then spend your money in Nigeria, we do not need it here! Your economy is now 510 B thanks to TAN lies, unemployment rate is 1%, etc, why not buy locally? Forget visa, we will not be giving visa to you Nigerians anymore - we want you to thoroughly enjoy the paradise and fresh air of retardinhoGEJ!

Thanks dear. But why do you sound so frustrated grin? Sharing my experience doesnt warrant your rantings. Fine! Things have gone round over the years but shouldnt we aspire for a change? Mind you, not all Nigerians are fraudsters or sportsmen who jump gates instead of bars in the stadiums.

2 Likes

Re: Macy's Cancelled My Online Order Because Of Nigeria's Dented Image by Sloan: 12:26pm On Nov 21, 2014
ebimila:

Thanks dear. But why do you sound so frustrated grin? Sharing my experience doesnt warrant your rantings. Fine! Things have gone round over the years but shouldnt we aspire for a change? Mind you, not all Nigerians are fraudsters or sportsmen who jump gates instead of bars in the stadiums.

Frustrated? You must be blind or unable to read! Am I the one who so desperately needs to buy something online and goes through all the trouble of getting a Naira Mastercard (with ridiculous, gouging Naira - USD exchange rates), then coerces a relative into allowing his/her home address as destination address, yet the store has no refused to do business with you TANoid, and you still don't know who is frustrated? I think your cluelessness stinks so badly, Macy will not touch you even with your $1 Transaction!

Anyways, if and whenever I need to order something, I will either walk into the store or have it shipped to my house without worrying about some stoopid naira MasterCard.
Re: Macy's Cancelled My Online Order Because Of Nigeria's Dented Image by focus7: 12:30pm On Nov 21, 2014
ebimila:
So sad!!! i ordered for some stuff from MACY's website (brand with chain of department stores in the US) and made payment using my NAIRA MASTERCARD using a relative address as my shipping and billing address. i got an alert for the debit charge and then attempted to track the order. Alas! i discovered within a short time after the transaction the order was cancelled. And then i discovered an email had been sent to me notifying of the cancellation and requesting i contacted their customer care line. So i went ahead to call the number just to inquire why the order was cancelled.

Now this is funny part. She goes on to ask the billing address and i tell her its a relative but i used my card from naija because they dont have Nigeria listed among the countries they ship to internationally. She requests for a little time to make inquiries. Gues what? She returns with that thank you for interest in Macy's blah blah blah speech and then caps it up saying unfortunately they no longer do business with that region (Nigeria) now and in the future angry

According to Gordons, i chock!!! I mean i know the country image is been battered by the day with the atrocities of our YAHOOZEE brodas but didn't think it is so bad. What could i have done but to say NO PROBLEM in between all her fake apologies. The solution here is probably buy locally, get someone over there to buy and pay online for you or wait till you travel to shop cry cry undecidedif dem go give you visa ooo.
Op agreed the atrocity of the yahoo boys caused it but the incompetence of Jonathan with the rising rate of corruption in his government with no check is going to be complicating issue more on the international scene.
Re: Macy's Cancelled My Online Order Because Of Nigeria's Dented Image by ebimila: 12:45pm On Nov 21, 2014
your use of words shows how mannerless you are. Even pips abroad shop online so is it an offence? if you found the post so irritating why comment in the first place? You could have just ignored it. Or perhaps you want to use the opportunity to tell us that you reside in the US. Good for you, message passed. Any more to share?

Sloan:

Frustrated? You must be blind or unable to read! Am I the one who so desperately needs to buy something online and goes through all the trouble of getting a Naira Mastercard (with ridiculous, gouging Naira - USD exchange rates), then coerces a relative into allowing his/her home address as destination address, yet the store has no refused to do business with you TANoid, and you still don't know who is frustrated? I think your cluelessness stinks so badly, Macy will not touch you even with your $1 Transaction!

Anyways, if and whenever I need to order something, I will either walk into the store or have it shipped to my house without worrying about some stoopid naira MasterCard.
Re: Macy's Cancelled My Online Order Because Of Nigeria's Dented Image by ducii: 4:42pm On Nov 21, 2014
Sloan:

Clown, exposing your stupidity, with your i dey abroad mentality

2 Likes

Re: Macy's Cancelled My Online Order Because Of Nigeria's Dented Image by onoja12: 6:11pm On Nov 21, 2014
Rubbish,the image is battered yet they are on first class everyday to Nigeria,woman wake up,they are just been racist,you should have told her we equally are not interested in spending our money in a racist store

ebimila:

1 Like

Re: Macy's Cancelled My Online Order Because Of Nigeria's Dented Image by tpia6: 6:20pm On Nov 21, 2014
ebimila:

i dont get the point of your write up.

what were you ordering from macys that you couldnt get elsewhere anyway?

you can also have someone buy the stuff and ship it to you in nigeria (more expensive).

1 Like

Re: Macy's Cancelled My Online Order Because Of Nigeria's Dented Image by manny4life(m): 6:24pm On Nov 21, 2014
tpia6:

i dont get the point of your write up.

what were you ordering from macys that you couldnt get elsewhere anyway?

you can also have someone buy the stuff and ship it to you in nigeria (more expensive).

It's his choice to purchase where he wants to. I choose to buy from Amazon because it's simple and straightforward; if something goes wrong, would you blame me why I did not buy from somewhere else like ebay?

1 Like

Re: Macy's Cancelled My Online Order Because Of Nigeria's Dented Image by atlwireles: 6:33pm On Nov 21, 2014
Some eCommerce stores don't ship to Nigeria period, don't make a big deal about it. Find one willing to ship to Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Macy's Cancelled My Online Order Because Of Nigeria's Dented Image by tpia6: 6:34pm On Nov 21, 2014
manny4life:

It's his choice to purchase where he wants to. I choose to buy from Amazon because it's simple and straightforward; if something goes wrong, would you blame me why I did not buy from somewhere else like ebay?

its also any company's choice not to ship to nigeria, or not to accept credit cards that differ from the shipping and billing address.

until they start doing so, use companies that do not have those restrictions.

jumia, konga, alibaba ,etc, are all in the nigerian market and their merchandise also compares with most of what obtains overseas.

1 Like

Re: Macy's Cancelled My Online Order Because Of Nigeria's Dented Image by tpia6: 6:58pm On Nov 21, 2014

1 Like

Re: Macy's Cancelled My Online Order Because Of Nigeria's Dented Image by udemzyudex(m): 6:59pm On Nov 21, 2014
ebimila:

You see ur self... They don't ship goods to Nigeria and you want to pay with Naira... Using you relative address ... Why will they transact business with you when u're acting like a theif...

What about those buying from Aliexpress?

1 Like

Re: Macy's Cancelled My Online Order Because Of Nigeria's Dented Image by OreMI22: 11:49pm On Nov 21, 2014
ebimila:

Anyone foreign merchant accepting credit cards from NIGERIA needs to have his head examined.
Re: Macy's Cancelled My Online Order Because Of Nigeria's Dented Image by Nobody: 12:12am On Nov 22, 2014
Are there no good jewelry or gift shops in Nigeria? Abi you wan pose with MACYS' jewelry box and receipt? The same Macys I bought an expensive engagement ring that rusted within 2yrs. The earlier you start valuing what you have the better. MACYS my foot undecided
Re: Macy's Cancelled My Online Order Because Of Nigeria's Dented Image by ducii: 8:45am On Nov 24, 2014
IdiAmin1:
Are there no good jewelry or gift shops in Nigeria? Abi you wan pose with MACYS' jewelry box and receipt? The same Macys I bought an expensive engagement ring that rusted within 2yrs. The earlier you start valuing what you have the better. MACYS my foot undecided
Thank you jare, no mind borrow pose people
Re: Macy's Cancelled My Online Order Because Of Nigeria's Dented Image by ducii: 8:46am On Nov 24, 2014
tpia6:

its also any company's choice not to ship to nigeria, or not to accept credit cards that differ from the shipping and billing address.

until they start doing so, use companies that do not have those restrictions.

jumia, konga, alibaba ,etc, are all in the nigerian market and their merchandise also compares with most of what obtains overseas.

Nice one
Re: Macy's Cancelled My Online Order Because Of Nigeria's Dented Image by iykepromotions: 10:19am On Nov 24, 2014
Sloan:

Anyways, if and whenever I need to order something, I will either walk into the store or have it ......
you sound so proud and irritating. seems you are not well trained
Re: Macy's Cancelled My Online Order Because Of Nigeria's Dented Image by iykepromotions: 10:24am On Nov 24, 2014
by the way sef who is macy? many foreign countries are beginning to accept nigerians you are busy complaining about one macy. To me they are local champions
Re: Macy's Cancelled My Online Order Because Of Nigeria's Dented Image by ebimila: 10:30am On Nov 24, 2014
iykepromotions:
you sound so proud and irritating. seems you are not well trained
Re: Macy's Cancelled My Online Order Because Of Nigeria's Dented Image by ebimila: 10:35am On Nov 24, 2014
thanks all for your contributions...i have learnt alot.
Re: Macy's Cancelled My Online Order Because Of Nigeria's Dented Image by ebimila: 10:37am On Nov 24, 2014

(1) (Reply)

20 Person For 5k Each / All You Need To Know About Palmpay Android Pos And How To Get It / Pure Water Company

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.