Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:39 PM

Yahoo Becomes Firefox’s Default Search Engine - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Yahoo Becomes Firefox’s Default Search Engine (437 Views)

How Do I Make Google Play Store Default App Store On Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 / Default Stock Rom For All Tecno Phones To Unbrick Your Device / I Need a Code To Restore my Nokia 3110c to Default Settings,please Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Yahoo Becomes Firefox’s Default Search Engine by Nobody: 1:29pm On Nov 21, 2014
Yahoo Inc on Wednesday said it struck a deal with the Firefox web browser on desktop PCs and mobile devices in the United States to be the default search engine, replacing market leader Google Inc. after ten years of partnership.Last Month, Firefox had 10.4 percent of the U.S. browser market on desktop PCs, tablets and mobile smartphones, according to tech data firm StatCounter. Google’s Chrome browser led with 33.5 per cent.The chief executive of yahoo, Marissa Mayer called the five-year deal with Firefox’s parent company Mozilla “the most significant partnership for Yahooin five years”.The agreement between Firefox maker Mozilla Corp and Yahoo is set to start in December, Yahoo said. It was not immediately clear how the agreement will affect Yahoo’s existing arrangement with Microsoft Corp, whose Bing search engine currently powers Yahoo’s web search capabilities.

http://nairayouth..in/2014/11/yahoo-becomes-firefoxs-default-search.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

BLU Hero Pro Q333w Unlocked GSM Phone / Nokia C2-01 And E-71 For Sale / Apple Is Set To Launch A 4-inch Iphone 6 Next Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.