Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,256 members, 7,818,876 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:05 AM

Photos: UNICAL Economics Lecturer Allegedly Stabs Student In The Eye - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Photos: UNICAL Economics Lecturer Allegedly Stabs Student In The Eye (1430 Views)

Lecturer Collects Undergraduate's Slippers In UNILORIN (image) / Davido Is The Only Graduating Student In His Department / Photos: UNICAL Economics Lecturer Allegedly Stabs Student In The Eye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photos: UNICAL Economics Lecturer Allegedly Stabs Student In The Eye by BWGISTdotCOM: 8:45pm On Nov 21, 2014
[img]http://2.bp..com/-Cnuohi5W2X4/VG9UlWjM76I/AAAAAAAD8SA/KXU-_IM2eG4/s1600/1.jpg[/img][img]http://2.bp..com/-qvgLVLbHlFE/VG9UmRgt-XI/AAAAAAAD8SM/wJMMIUuvAlM/s1600/3.jpg[/img]
Below is a report I just received from a student from the school. Read below...

A student of Computer Science Department of University of Calabar name withheld almost lost his sight after a lecturer known as Chris Otu in the Department of Economics, University of Calabar stabbed him with his-car key during lecture hour.

According to an eye-withness Mr Otu was supposed to have a class with year 3 students of Computer Science Department by 10.am, today 21 Nov. but he failed to appear after keeping the students waiting for two hours, he later appeared by 12-noon.
[img]http://4.bp..com/-mlBJEQDyGVA/VG9UlxgTUYI/AAAAAAAD8SE/AlAui_Bv_3M/s1600/2.jpg[/img]
After the lecturer's arrival, the waiting students assembled themselves at the lecture venue New CES building room 7 behind Unical Library.

The victimized student who is the lecturer's class rep. took white board markers to the lecturer (Mr. Otu) which is a regular routine in various Universities in Nigeria. But the lecturer for no reason premeditatedly used a book in his hand to hit the student on his head and as if that was not enough, he stabbed him with his car key and walked him out of the class.

The injury was bleeding profusely when the lecturer who felt zero remorse told the injured student and other students in the class to go and ask around who he is.

Mr Chris Otu who lost one of his eyes during a battle is believed to be an ex-cultist and because this is Nigeria, he claims nothing can be done to him.

Now, they decided to take the case to the media. Hope the university authority will look into this...

source>>http://www.bwgist.com/2014/11/photos-unical-economics-lecturer.html
Re: Photos: UNICAL Economics Lecturer Allegedly Stabs Student In The Eye by STENON(f): 8:55pm On Nov 21, 2014
Wetin our Eyes no go see for this country?

* Sits down and patiently waiting for the arrival of other people*
Re: Photos: UNICAL Economics Lecturer Allegedly Stabs Student In The Eye by Princychris(m): 9:03pm On Nov 21, 2014
undecided
Re: Photos: UNICAL Economics Lecturer Allegedly Stabs Student In The Eye by Chianya: 9:40pm On Nov 21, 2014
I can't believe that mentally derang*ed nincompoop are now being left to lecture students......... May God save nigerian students from MON*STERS like these.
Re: Photos: UNICAL Economics Lecturer Allegedly Stabs Student In The Eye by Nobody: 9:48pm On Nov 21, 2014
I don't believe this Is true, d news is somehow
Re: Photos: UNICAL Economics Lecturer Allegedly Stabs Student In The Eye by BWGISTdotCOM: 10:28pm On Nov 21, 2014
killerman47:
Re: Photos: UNICAL Economics Lecturer Allegedly Stabs Student In The Eye by otipoju(m): 10:58pm On Nov 21, 2014
Very funny. To think that I here I have to evaluate my lecturers at the end of very semester. If most of the students dont rate you well....the lecturers contract will be will not be renewed. As simple as that.

We still have a long way to go in terms of professionalism.

Meanwhile if it was before before, if i was that student, I will issue a public statement like the Senate President and say that I have forgiven him...

Then on the day after i have collected my NYSC certificate, I will go and play a return leg in his house to find out who he really is.

If you are the anvil...wait.
If you become the hammer...strike!!!

Revenge is best served cold.

Thank God for his work in renewing my mind.
Re: Photos: UNICAL Economics Lecturer Allegedly Stabs Student In The Eye by Gistben: 11:29pm On Nov 21, 2014
This is what we face day in day out in unical, humiliations and intimidations by our so called lecturers. Can this thing happen in the western world?
Re: Photos: UNICAL Economics Lecturer Allegedly Stabs Student In The Eye by Gistben: 11:33pm On Nov 21, 2014
killerman47:
the news is 100% true, though am not in that class but I was at the building when it happens
Re: Photos: UNICAL Economics Lecturer Allegedly Stabs Student In The Eye by BWGISTdotCOM: 6:28am On Nov 22, 2014
Gistben:
the news is 100% true, though am not in that class but I was at the building when it happens
good

(1) (Reply)

Better By Far Students Pls Help........... / In 400Level But No Admission / Degrees Vs Experience, Which Helps You Get A Job Faster?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.