Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,670 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:26 PM

What Real Christians Should Know! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Real Christians Should Know! (379 Views)

intimate Perversions That Leads To Hell Christians Should Avoid. / A Gentle Question - No Fight Intended - But Will Real Christians Do This ? / Christians Should Learn The Language In Which The Bible Was Revealed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Real Christians Should Know! by Boomboost(m): 12:02am On Nov 22, 2014
This thread is dedicated to those unsure of committing completely to CHRIST but want to be in heaven.

Rom 12:2
Do not be conformed to this world, but be
transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by
testing you may discern what is the will of God,
what is good and acceptable and perfect.

I'll show you what a transformed believer faces when he sacrifices his life to Jesus.

1. Your family: They notice the difference and show mixed reactions.
Pros: They trust you easily with money, secrets, responsibilities etc.

Cons: You'll notice their vulnerabilities and when you try to help, you'll be ridiculed(by those in your age group), too much will be expected from you leaving no room for mistakes.

2. Your work: This involved your job, apprenticeship, or business.
Pros: Your bosses and customers trust you with the finances, responsibilities. You'll notice progress and favour mostly because of your honesty.

Cons: You'll be denied promotion or cheated if your boss dislikes your Christ like attitude. You will seem odd from fellow colleagues, You'll be subject of gossip, You'll be yabbed most times and any mistake you make becomes big deal.

3. Your friends: Could be school mates, colleagues etc.
Pros: You may influence some of them to be better, they're confide in you when they need your prayers, They tell others what to expect from you thus making you a worthy example.

Cons: You lose some of them painfully, they'd spread rumors about Ur past, they'd be your persecutors and tempters and wait to display your mistake.

3. Your sexuality: This is how Ur belief affects your body and sexual mindset.
Pros: You'll be hygienic always trying to be clean(mostly with bathing),your mind will be free from worrying bout the opposite sex(ie less worries), you'll be concerned with decreasing perversity etc.

Cons: You'll feel like your sexuality is dying(for unmarried ones), viewing immorality will cause you mind pain, you'll be unattractive and mocked for your looks.

Conclusion: For the new convert who surrenders all,its JESUS vs money and girls,fashion vs plainness, all for the thrill of HEAVEN.

This was my routine and it is something I've been trying to continue eversince I backslided, and I honestly have gotten a feel of heaven; pray without ceasing, fast atleast twice every week, join fellowship, read and meditate the bible, and determine to get a glimpse of heaven cos it is real but can be taken away when you allow sin.

Being a Christ-like Christian makes you lose fear of death, you worry less about money 'cause you trust God enough, you're light minded and God saves people through you,its a choice!!

Let sinful enjoyment not hide the glaring truth, Jesus is real and judgement day approaches.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Walking In The Spirit Is Walking In Love / Spiritual Digest For The Day 3rd Of December 2014 / Al Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.