Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,047 members, 7,821,600 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:32 PM

The Steel Mug - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Steel Mug (363 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Steel Mug by actElijah: 6:58am On Nov 22, 2014
THE STEEL MUG
A friend of mine once came into my room where she saw a fanciful glass cup, she loved and wanted it, so I let her have it. Few months after, she sent me a picture of a broken glass cup; a friend of hers had toppled the glass cup over and it broke. she felt very sad about it. Pledges by others to give her a replacement would just not suffice for her because she treasured the source, not just the cup.
As God would have it, we had another opportunity to meet again at the same place where I gave her the glass cup. So I took along a new mug for her, this time a stainless steel mug- sort of an unbreakable mug. Later that weekend, she walked into the room and asked with a rather emotional sound in her voice: "Papi... (a pet name I'm known by to some), my cu...p." I looked at her affectionately as I presented the steel mug to her. She was awed and she hugged me so excitedly that I felt the warmth of her heart, and I was happy loving her too, the fact that she had the other glass cup broken did not matter to me a bit.
As I meditated on this experience weeks later, I discovered that it is typical of how God loves us. He gives us a chance to live and we go all the way messing up big time, we allow some "friend indeed" break our fanciful glass cup. But some day we return to Him at the same place where we left off and we say like my friend "O God, my life". He needs not ask us any detail because He knows all that has happened. And as a loving God and Father, He presents us with His new Life, but this time an indestructible life. Then we go on smiling and living joyfully ever after.
Beloved I enjoin you to exchange your glass cup for His steel mug today (turn to Christ and secure your eternity). MARANATHA!
_PEACE!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Life, Nature, Purpose, God / Playing A Positive Role In Some One's Life / OPEN HEAVENS - Pastor E.A Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.