Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:41 AM

Help - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help (1133 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help by Nobody: 11:27am On Nov 22, 2014
I met this guy through a mutual friend and we got talking. After a few weeks of chatting on BBM we had our first “real” date at an eatery around Surulere. He was well-spoken and the abreast of current global issues and, on top of that, he looked really cool. But there was something that turned me off … he had bad breath!!! I thought it was about something he ate but in the course of several other dates, I concluded he had “permanent” mouth odour and even foams at the sides of his mouth while talking. YUCK! We’re really into each other but how do I tell him I can’t go ahead with the “relationship” because of this issue? I love kissing and can’t fathom a relationship without it … but I also can’t fathom kissing someone with bad breath!!!

Is there a cure? It looks so trivial yet so important.
Can someone tell me how to go about it? How do
you deal with issues in a relationship? Do you
deal with it or simply walk away?
Let's talk ...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help by Nobody: 11:30am On Nov 22, 2014
Lol yh thr is... U girls r funny sha...
Re: Help by coolmoon500(f): 11:34am On Nov 22, 2014
Omg, this description is too graphic.

I feel your pain as this is a major issue. I hope u find a solution soon cz I cant stand this too. Sorry.

2 Likes

Re: Help by Nobody: 12:22pm On Nov 22, 2014
can't you keep the confidentiality of your personal affair and search/ask for bad-breath remedies. must you contumely expose your man to make a point?
Re: Help by olempe(m): 12:30pm On Nov 22, 2014
Simply tell him you're no longer interested, you're not under any obligation, back out when u still can.
Re: Help by bennyrazz: 12:39pm On Nov 22, 2014
mtcheeeeew

1 Like

Re: Help by Nobody: 12:45pm On Nov 22, 2014
Yuck!! Mehn, your descriptions are really real and graphic. You are not alone my dear. I detest mouth odour like mad!! And that white stuff by the side of the mouth? Yuck!! Disgusting!! Big turn off!! Op, its your choice to make. If ure not comfortable, just end it. At least the whole relationship thing has not gone that far. the earlier the better. I would have suggested being thoughtful in coming up with remedies for him but i dnt know how he would feel about it. It would crush his Ego.
Re: Help by Nobody: 12:45pm On Nov 22, 2014
I would walk away. This is one of the biggest turn offs EVER. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

It might help him though if you tell him. Even if you call it quits, he will have the chance to take care of it and not turn off more women without knowing why.

The choice is yours.

1 Like

Re: Help by askralph(m): 3:35pm On Nov 22, 2014
o
Re: Help by askralph(m): 3:36pm On Nov 22, 2014
maybe the brother doesnt even have a clue of what is happening, you would be surprised how many people stay clueless of things like this. i belive the salivating is because He's salivary glands produces too much saliva and there are ways to control it. You guys should visit a dentist for both that and the mouth odor. It could be a tooth decay or a plaque or something. There is always something there that causes mouth odor. it's not the end of the world. you can keep from kissing for now and tell him. But let him know so you guys can go fix it. you can check my signature for other relationship advice

1 Like

Re: Help by jearile(m): 7:35pm On Nov 22, 2014
Givemejoy:
I met this guy through a mutual friend and we got talking. After a few weeks of chatting on BBM we had our first “real” date at an eatery around Surulere. He was well-spoken and the abreast of current global issues and, on top of that, he looked really cool. But there was something that turned me off … he had bad breath!!! I thought it was about something he ate but in the course of several other dates, I concluded he had “permanent” mouth odour and even foams at the sides of his mouth while talking. YUCK! We’re really into each other but how do I tell him I can’t go ahead with the “relationship” because of this issue? I love kissing and can’t fathom a relationship without it … but I also can’t fathom kissing someone with bad breath!!!

Is there a cure? It looks so trivial yet so important.
Can someone tell me how to go about it? How do
you deal with issues in a relationship? Do you
deal with it or simply walk away?
Let's talk ...
You can be a friend without being a lover but you can't be a (true) lover without being a friend. Though it's a very difficult call but a true friend will prefer to hurt you with the truth rather than comfort you with a lie even if the future of their relationship is at stake... Bad odour might be a turn off but who says it can't be fix. This is how ample of ladies have easily lost real gentlemen because of temporary disability - only one with an Eagle eyes will see beyond their nose
Re: Help by Nobody: 1:07am On Nov 23, 2014
Wait till Feb.14th next year,and buy him toothpaste,and brush as a gift.

(1) (Reply)

Photo!!! Man Cut Off Best Friend Hand And Abandon Him To Bleed To Death In Cross / Do You Remenber Those Days?? / If U Are A Girl On Social Media Kindly *READ THIS*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.