Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,202 members, 7,829,300 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

NigComSat And Cheap Tariffs In ICT And Pay TV Sectors. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / NigComSat And Cheap Tariffs In ICT And Pay TV Sectors. (1015 Views)

Senate Cracks Down On Illegal Electricity Tariffs, Abolishes Fixed Charges / Information Minister Insists On Low Call Tariffs . / Nigcomsat :how To Make Money From It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NigComSat And Cheap Tariffs In ICT And Pay TV Sectors. by frehage: 7:57am On Nov 23, 2014
NigComSat(Nigerian Communication Satellite) came into the national ICT and Broadcaste(Pay TV) scenes with a lot of fanfare, promising to crash tariffs across the industries, and inspiring hope in Nigerians for cheap talk-time, internet access and pay tv. But cost of these services are still on the high side. Besides I do not seem to see NigComSat's footprints in the ICT and pay tv sectors. Please who knows the latest about their operations and their promised revolution in these sectors?
Re: NigComSat And Cheap Tariffs In ICT And Pay TV Sectors. by frehage: 12:51pm On Nov 23, 2014
Please who is knowledgeable about this matter? I need answers.
Re: NigComSat And Cheap Tariffs In ICT And Pay TV Sectors. by frehage: 6:49pm On Nov 23, 2014
No one has information to that effect?
Re: NigComSat And Cheap Tariffs In ICT And Pay TV Sectors. by bizz(m): 7:36pm On Nov 23, 2014
People talk na.....I am waiting
Re: NigComSat And Cheap Tariffs In ICT And Pay TV Sectors. by arbitrage: 11:37pm On Nov 23, 2014
NigComSat services are not targeted at individual users or retailers like us. I think it is our ICT service providers that need to reflect their services in the price offerings they give to us before we can believe NigComSat is now working as intended.
Re: NigComSat And Cheap Tariffs In ICT And Pay TV Sectors. by frehage: 8:50am On Nov 24, 2014
arbitrage:
NigComSat services are not targeted at individual users or retailers like us. I think it is our ICT service providers that need to reflect their services in the price offerings they give to us before we can believe NigComSat is now working as intended.

The idea is that NigComSat will make their services available at very low rates to service providers like Telcoms, ISP's and Paytv providers as against these companies importing these services at astronomical costs. They in turn are expected to offer corresponding prices to consumers. So if NigComSat is truely functioning as it should, we should be seeing call rates below #10, maybe #5/minute, data at 1k/kb and paying half of the current rate of Dstv.
Re: NigComSat And Cheap Tariffs In ICT And Pay TV Sectors. by frehage: 2:40pm On Nov 26, 2014
Any info?

(1) (Reply)

Used Carton For Sale / Over 1 Million Awango By Total Solar Lamps Sold In Africa / Setting Up A Recruitment Agency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.