Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,002 members, 7,821,513 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:09 PM

The Famously Undesirables - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Famously Undesirables (463 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Famously Undesirables by tiergodson: 1:04pm On Nov 23, 2014
Segun

"Sooo....what are you doing tomorrow?"

I looked up from the novel I was reading at her. Was that even a question worth answering. I had no plans. None at all. Not even one to go buy a chewing stick from the aboki down the road. For the foreseeable future, it would be class, lab, hostel.

"I'm not sure...but I suppose I should be free." I replied. One can't afford to appear available all the time. Especially if she wanted me to accompany her to something undesirable. Like a poetry recital.

"Great. Tomorrow is Temi Solanke-Adu's birthday. You're my date to the event."

Temi Solanke-Adu? Isn't that one famous fashion designer (though her collections look really weird - like she would just design regular clothes then shower them with glitter)? Aren't such events supposed to be by invitation only?

"She's my sister's friend and she invited me personally to her birthday and asked me to bring a date. So I want you to come with me."

My mind went into semi overdrive. I have to be the least fashionable person this side of the Atlantic. The last time I attended a social event, I felt so self conscious about my dressing, I spent half the time in the toilet till the other revellers thought i was the janitor. Such an event would be a meeting point for the Lagos fashion elite. Last thing I should do is show up in baggy plain trousers and an oversize polo shirt. They might think I'm a mannequin this time.

"Err...actually, I might be having a practical class tomorrow...." I muttered, avoiding her eyes so she couldn't see the guilt welling up in my eyes like the pacific.

"What time would that be?"

"Errr...four-ish....I think...could be later......not really sure..."

My next practical class was for next semester.

"Great, it's an all-nighter. Starts by nine. Don't think anybody would be holding a practical class by nine o'clock."

"Well.....you don't know...these lab attendants can be crazy sometimes."

She regarded me with raised eyebrows for a few seconds.

You really don't want to attend this event do you?"

"It's not like I don't." I really did not. At all. "It's just that...practicals....."

She plopped down beside me on the bed and started stroking my arm. Damn that weakness of mine.

"C'mon boo. It'll be fun. You need to get out a bit more. You're too uptight. You need a little fun in your life."

"You're all the fun I need, right here," I replied. Sweetness has worked for me in the past.

"That is so sweet," she gushed. "I'll like to hear it again."

"You're..."

"No," She cut in. "At Temi's birthday party."

With that, she kissed me on the right cheek, got up from the bed, grabbed her bag and sashayed out of the room.

I need a stylist.

(1) (Reply)

Learning Advanced Vocabularies / HUMANS CONTROL SYSTEM: The Inbuilt Parts / Evil Comedian Episode 34

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.