Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,456 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:14 PM

Urgent ! Western Union Help ! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Urgent ! Western Union Help ! (1342 Views)

Receiving Western Union, HELP! / GTBank Stops Over-The-Counter Western-Union Transactions, Use Internet Banking / Western Union Money Transfer Now To Be Paid In Naira (2) (3) (4)

Urgent ! Western Union Help ! by krazynaija(m): 8:13pm On Nov 27, 2008
Hello,
I need somebody to tell me what i will need to recieve money via western union.like the type of id card required or is it any identification card.
Cos my dad wants to send me my school fees through western union.very urgent !
Thanks in anticipation. grin

Re: Urgent ! Western Union Help ! by MrCrackles(m): 8:28pm On Nov 27, 2008
Go to Ojuelegba!

They would need a tesco clubcard or morrison's reward card as ID

BT.W ur not funny!! undecided
Re: Urgent ! Western Union Help ! by naijacutee(f): 12:13am On Nov 28, 2008
What method did your "dad" use to send your "school fees" before?
Re: Urgent ! Western Union Help ! by kokorunna(m): 1:58pm On Nov 28, 2008
Goto oluwole, they will tell you there grin
Re: Urgent ! Western Union Help ! by krazynaija(m): 3:17pm On Nov 28, 2008
naijacutee:

What method did your "dad" use to send your "school fees" before?

he comes to nigeria everytime just to give me my school fes grin

MrCrackles:

Go to Ojuelegba!

They would need a tesco clubcard or morrison's reward card as ID

BT.W ur not funny!! undecided

very funny angry
in fact i have dat tesco clubcard and morrisons card.which one should i use, ELA OJU KON ! tongue
Re: Urgent ! Western Union Help ! by ztyle(m): 3:26pm On Nov 28, 2008
Krazynaija
na trouble u come find 4 nairaland,pupsy don send u small thinq u come dey broadcast em here abi! no yawa!
Re: Urgent ! Western Union Help ! by krazynaija(m): 9:10pm On Dec 01, 2008
no worry your puppsy too go send yo own grin
Re: Urgent ! Western Union Help ! by Thadude(m): 4:44pm On Dec 03, 2008
If u re unable to get an international passport due to cost and time factor apply for driver's license, that's if u dont have the Nigeria I.d card issue during OBJ era.
Just yesterday my sister was able to pick up the money i sent her with her driver's license at GTB.

Hopefully this answers ur question!
Re: Urgent ! Western Union Help ! by larez(m): 8:51pm On Dec 06, 2008
This is a joke right? You come in the middle of Nigerians to ask about your school fees being sent? You better watchout for the people who will try to become your friends from this forum immediately. They have a plan to collect your school fees before you can get it. Believe me they will have the right ID to help you collect it too. Haha smiley
Re: Urgent ! Western Union Help ! by Thadude(m): 3:07am On Dec 07, 2008
Larez,

I hope u arent refering to ME! All I did was gave a honest reply to a question in which my sister found herself some few weeks back.
I had sent money directly to my sister few weeks back, cos' I was tired of sending it via relatives who had international passport since they were getting use to deeping their fingers into it. When I did the banks in Nigeria refused to pay her with her company I.d cos she hadn't an international passport, I had to go back to western union agent here in the U.S to change the names to my relatives again, I felt bad, cos it almost looked as if, there was no standard form of identification in NIGERIA, I could see the suprise in her eyes (the agent) . Then, she read out the acceptable form of identification, which she said were Nigeria govt issued I.d, International Passport, driver's license or security personal I.d e.g police, custom, airforce or military I.d.
After hearing the list I figured that considering the cost of international passport and time factor for procuring it, it would be easier, cost effective and faster for her to get a driver's license, tho!, i knew the some banks might not pay her with it, despite the fact that it was one of the requirement post by the Nigeria financial regulators. I was hoping her banker would oblige her the opportunity to pick it up cos' she ran a savings account with them (GTB), i also factored in that since i was the sender they would consider my Nigerian Names and any doubt of the funds being sent by a foreign National creating a scam ideology would be erazed.
I sent her funds again recently, everything went well and she was paid using her newly acquired driver's license!!!
I understand were the poster's question might be coming from, "been there done that" besides i dont think the poster hasnt got friends or relatives to help him/her out, rather i believe the poster wants to make it a private affair.
***If u have an international passport, not everyone applies for a passport cos they wanna keep it at home and use it for western union or for purpose of trying to obtain a visa which they know, they stand no chance and at the end having the passport expiring with them at home. However most people who do apply for a Passport, do so cos they stand a clear cut chance of been issue a visa 90%. If you understood this you would understand why the poster posted this question.
Besides, only a foolish man will use his I.d card (international passport, license or govt issued I.d) to assist someone he hardly knows for western union collection, this is however not to say there arent foolish men in Nigeria. I know my onions and i'm not one of them, neither will i fly down to be-friend someone i dont know from Adam because of western union, makes no sense to me hopefully it wont make any sense to you either.

No More Allocation From NNPC For AGO & LPFO? / How To Make It Big In Cassava Production / How Can I Become A Clearing Agent?