Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,705 members, 7,809,684 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:01 PM

Snake Bite Treatment In Nigerian Hospitals - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Snake Bite Treatment In Nigerian Hospitals (704 Views)

Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) / The Real Reason Nigerian Hospitals Ask For Police Report In Trauma Patients / 5 Abuja Hospitals You Should Know About (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Snake Bite Treatment In Nigerian Hospitals by therealak49(m): 1:03am On Nov 24, 2014
Was just watching a program on National geographic about a boy that was bitten by a black mamba and how he had minutes to survive. The swift arrival of paramedics which gave him the anti-venom saved his life. So i thought of how that was possible in Nigeria and how Nigerian hospitals cope with snake bites.
Have u been bitten and how did it go. Kindly share your snake bite experiences.
Re: Snake Bite Treatment In Nigerian Hospitals by therealak49(m): 11:53am On Nov 24, 2014
So you mean no one has been bitten by a snake around here
Re: Snake Bite Treatment In Nigerian Hospitals by blackfase(m): 3:09pm On Nov 24, 2014
This happened years ago, my sec schl days in the boarding house. We were celebrating end of the session on our open field at night prelude to vacation when a guy/ friend was bitten. He was promptly rushed to a health centre, some fifteen minutes out. Cant remember exactly what he was treated with but I saw a very swollen leg the following day with fangs marks on his leg.
Re: Snake Bite Treatment In Nigerian Hospitals by therealak49(m): 8:20pm On Nov 24, 2014
blackfase:
This happened years ago, my sec schl days in the boarding house. We were celebrating end of the session on our open field at night prelude to vacation when a guy/ friend was bitten. He was promptly rushed to a health centre, some fifteen minutes out. Cant remember exactly what he was treated with but I saw a very swollen leg the following day with fangs marks on his leg.

he was lucky. some people are not so fortunate

(1) (Reply)

How To Stop A Bad Habit / OMG! Man Falls And Lands On Metal Rod. You Won't Believe Where The Rod Pierced! / Cervical Spondylosis: A way out from excruciating neck pain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.