Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:41 PM

see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business (42588 Views)

Entrepreneurship Series (VI): Laundry Business / I Started My Business With N50, 000 – Agusto / Please What Business Can I Join With My Barbing Biz (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by djbazz(m): 1:27am On Nov 24, 2014
Hello friends
Thank you all 4 ur ideas and advice
200k just started a barbing salon and laundry business
in d badagry area of lagos..
Since all those companys in lagos don't wanna
give me a job even after my 5 years mech eng
study in imo state uni..
So I needed ideas and I got all that made my
project a success and I will kept you all updated
with step by step photos for those intrested in
starting such soon...

32 Likes 5 Shares

Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:35am On Nov 24, 2014
Barbing saloon is a very good business. Starting with that cash is very is simple:

1. Don't rent a shop, get a small container.

2. Find a space. Pay for it. 6 months maybe.

All those will gulp like 130k.

3. A mirror with an alumunium frame: 4,000

4. Two Clippers: choaba: 3,000. Or wahl: 5,000 per one. Chaoba is 1500 per one.

5. After shave, powder, brush, cloth, 5,000

7. Swivel: 12,000

8. Small gen: copper coil: 15,000.

9. Electrical works, 5,000.

10. Start, and Good luck

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by Angelstartups(f): 7:39am On Nov 24, 2014
Hello.

Ensure it's not all your savings/ capital you are putting into the business, since you just want to start.

Carry out a small market survey around your target location, identify type of market there and your target market.

Look out for what others offering similar value are doing right and what they are not doing right. This is where you'd offer your potential customers better service.

Its of 2 ways:
1) rent a good shop, get a quality generator, create many barber's corner that the space could take without making any client inconvenient and provide seat, mirror, tool box for each corner. There you go, set a weekly delivery agreement with each barber that buys space. You should have done a survey of barbers within that location to be sure you'd find quality ones, this is what could make or mar your business, open a bank account, register your business and set a reasonable target for each barber.
2) Take charge of the whole operation yourself after studying the business properly.

All the best.

Visit www.angelstartups.com.ng as an Entrepreneur, you may meet an interested investor.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by djbazz(m): 12:23am On Nov 25, 2014
Angelstartups:
Hello.

Ensure it's not all your savings/ capital you are putting into the business, since you just want to start.

Carry out a small market survey around your target location, identify type of market there and your target market.

Look out for what others offering similar value are doing right and what they are not doing right. This is where you'd offer your potential customers better service.

Its of 2 ways:
1) rent a good shop, get a quality generator, create many barber's corner that the space could take without making any client inconvenient and provide seat, mirror, tool box for each corner. There you go, set a weekly delivery agreement with each barber that buys space. You should have done a survey of barbers within that location to be sure you'd find quality ones, this is what could make or mar your business, open a bank account, register your business and set a reasonable target for each barber.
2) Take charge of the whole operation yourself after studying the business properly.

All the best.

Visit www.angelstartups.com.ng as an Entrepreneur, you may meet an interested investor.

Thanks. A lot bro, I wil be paying for a shop 2moro and will keep u posted wit photos on how its going... Thanks a lot
Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by djbazz(m): 12:24am On Nov 25, 2014
SLIDEwaxie:
Barbing saloon is a very good business. Starting with that cash is very is simple:

10. Start, and Good luck

Thanks a lot

1 Like 1 Share

Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by jahbiz: 2:52am On Nov 25, 2014
SLIDEwaxie:

10. Start, and Good luck
u sound like someone with experience in the field but I will not advice Op to start with that small gen set u mentioned up there . It is not good for a starter without much experience. It will frustrate the hell out of op, the damage this gen set can do to electronics is better imagine than experience.

6 Likes

Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by djbazz(m): 11:12am On Nov 25, 2014
jahbiz:
u sound like someone with experience in the field but I will not advice Op to start with that small gen set u mentioned up there . It is not good for a starter without much experience. It will frustrate the hell out of op, the damage this gen set can do to electronics is better imagine than experience.

Yea I hav a 3800 sumec fiirman gen... And I just paid for a shop photo coming soon...

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by djbazz(m): 11:22am On Nov 25, 2014
djbazz:

Yea I hav a 3800 sumec fiirman gen... And I just paid for a shop photo coming soon...

3 Likes

Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by jahbiz: 11:58am On Nov 25, 2014
djbazz:

Good! I am into the biz, planning to go into something else next year though. If u have a question, don't hesitate to ask.
Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by djbazz(m): 12:23pm On Nov 25, 2014
jahbiz:
Good! I am into the biz, planning to go into something else next year though. If u have a question, don't hesitate to ask.

Yea thanks a lot..... design work have started in the shop and I will not be paying Anyone 2 do dat 4 me cos I knw I can do dat myself

7 Likes

Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by djbazz(m): 3:05pm On Nov 25, 2014
djbazz:
Hello friends
Pls I need ideas on how to go about and how far
200k can go in statring a barbing salon business
in d badagry area of lagos?
study in imo state uni..
Pls I need any idea you feel can make this
project a success and I will keep you all updated
starting such soon...

2 Likes

Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by djbazz(m): 1:01pm On Nov 26, 2014
djbazz:
Hello friends
Pls I need ideas on how to go about and how far
200k can go in statring a barbing salon business
in d badagry area of lagos?
study in imo state uni..
Pls I need any idea you feel can make this
project a success and I will keep you all updated
starting such soon...

Laying of wallpapers and sign post

8 Likes

Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by handsomjulee(m): 2:25pm On Nov 26, 2014
@ops::hw much did u rent ur shop and wia is ur location?

1 Like

Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by djbazz(m): 6:54pm On Nov 26, 2014
handsomjulee:
@ops::hw much did u rent ur shop and wia is ur location?

4k monthly...lagos state rice farm road Badagry
Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by handsomjulee(m): 7:23pm On Nov 26, 2014
hw much did agent of d shop charge u for u?
Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by djbazz(m): 8:13pm On Nov 26, 2014
handsomjulee:
hw much did agent of d shop charge u for u?

No agent I got d landlord directly..

15 Likes

Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by shaiguy(m): 9:25am On Nov 27, 2014
Nice thread.
I own two barbershop myself
I would however advice you get at least one Wahl Super Taper + clipper, they are basically the standard here in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by djbazz(m): 4:31pm On Nov 27, 2014
shaiguy:
Nice thread.
I own two barbershop myself
I would however advice you get at least one Wahl Super Taper + clipper, they are basically the standard here in Nigeria.

Yea thanks pls where and how much can I get towel wormer
Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by djbazz(m): 12:59am On Nov 29, 2014
SLIDEwaxie:

10. Start, and Good luck

God have been gud 2 me and my project... Am starting up my salon,laundry and ps2 game shop 2day. 29/11/2014... My 3 in 1 business...

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by djbazz(m): 1:02am On Nov 29, 2014
djbazz:

God have been gud 2 me and my project... Am starting up my salon,laundry and ps2 game shop 2day. 29/11/2014... My 3 in 1 business...

11 Likes

Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by djbazz(m): 1:09am On Nov 29, 2014
[quote author=djbazz post=28432773][/quote]

1 Like

Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by handsomjulee(m): 3:57pm On Nov 29, 2014
woooow bros ur 2much oo:::my God continue 2 grease ur elbow::i also wat 2 start such biz at iyana ipaja bt ma d capital is nt yet complet:::so hw much did u used in fixin ur front slidin aliminium glass door?

2 Likes

Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by djbazz(m): 7:37pm On Nov 29, 2014
handsomjulee:
woooow bros ur 2much oo:::my God continue 2 grease ur elbow::i also wat 2 start such biz at iyana ipaja bt ma d capital is nt yet complet:::so hw much did u used in fixin ur front slidin aliminium glass door?

Thanks bro its our lords doing.....
D 1st guy told me 18k and d 2nd told me 15k but d did it 4 12k

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by OCTAVO: 12:06pm On Nov 30, 2014
@Op, do you know how to barb or you hired a barber?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by handsomjulee(m): 1:37pm On Nov 30, 2014
tenk u very much:::am impressed:::u hav ginger
Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by djbazz(m): 9:05pm On Nov 30, 2014
OCTAVO:
@Op, do you know how to barb or you hired a barber?

I hired a barber but I do d laundry myself

8 Likes

Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by djbazz(m): 10:45am On Dec 03, 2014
djbazz:
Hello friends
Thank you all 4 ur ideas and advice
200k just started a barbing salon and laundry business
in d badagry area of lagos..
study in imo state uni..
So I needed ideas and I got all that made my
project a success and I will kept you all updated
starting such soon...

10 Likes

Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by shizzleStar: 3:46pm On Dec 03, 2014
Nice one op. You seem to be a creative young man with a hardworking spirit. God bless your hussle cool

80 Likes 2 Shares

Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by danielblessing(m): 6:46pm On Dec 03, 2014
Am interested.how much will you pay your hired barber monthly @Op
Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by SHOT(m): 8:12pm On Dec 03, 2014
Good work bro, keep the spirit and passion high. A start up always needs it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: see photos of How 200k Started my Barbing, game and laundry business by pekeyim: 9:08pm On Dec 07, 2014
Stop applying for jobs concentrate on your business

11 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

See What Top MMM Guider Chuddy Ugorji Is Doing In Lagos To Win Nigerians Back(pi / Dangote Refinery: Africa’s Biggest Refinery Takes Shape / Chinmark: I'm Deaf! I am a woman with Disability, I'm an Investor! I(pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.