Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,518 members, 7,823,226 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:05 AM

What Causes The Swelling Of The Eyes After Eating Rice Late In The Night? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Causes The Swelling Of The Eyes After Eating Rice Late In The Night? (10816 Views)

Why Does Eating Rice Do This To Me? / Six Common Causes Of Dark Circle Around The Eyes And Remedies For Them. / Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Causes The Swelling Of The Eyes After Eating Rice Late In The Night? by iscom(m): 3:15pm On Nov 24, 2014
What causes the swelling of the eyes after eating rice late in the night? When i heard about this assumption, i didn't believed until it became obvious to me. Whenever i ate rice late in the night i always noticed that my eyes became swollen in the morning. This is not uncommon, because invariably numerous people are complaining. I don't really know whether it's normal or it has a health risks. If you are ignorant of this, just experiment it and ask your neighbour what happened to your eyes. Thanks for your comment.
Re: What Causes The Swelling Of The Eyes After Eating Rice Late In The Night? by wharlzywee(m): 3:27pm On Nov 24, 2014
pishure or .....
Re: What Causes The Swelling Of The Eyes After Eating Rice Late In The Night? by Sparrow13: 3:31pm On Nov 24, 2014
Witches and wizards
Re: What Causes The Swelling Of The Eyes After Eating Rice Late In The Night? by iscom(m): 5:22pm On Nov 24, 2014
Just a very small swelling that may not be notice by some people. No be joke o
Re: What Causes The Swelling Of The Eyes After Eating Rice Late In The Night? by chimimi(f): 9:14pm On Nov 24, 2014
Yea,especially after eating jollof rice undecided
Re: What Causes The Swelling Of The Eyes After Eating Rice Late In The Night? by iscom(m): 8:27am On Nov 25, 2014
chimimi:
Yea,especially after eating jollof rice undecided
true o

1 Like

Re: What Causes The Swelling Of The Eyes After Eating Rice Late In The Night? by 12spices(m): 8:53am On Nov 25, 2014
U sure say u no get appolo? E fit be mistaken identity oo
Re: What Causes The Swelling Of The Eyes After Eating Rice Late In The Night? by stelcramento(f): 9:05am On Nov 25, 2014
I've had such experience too. Anyone who knows something about it should help please.
Re: What Causes The Swelling Of The Eyes After Eating Rice Late In The Night? by iscom(m): 2:34pm On Nov 25, 2014
stelcramento:
I've had such experience too. Anyone who knows something about it should help please.
i wish this can be moved to front page to get a better answer.
Re: What Causes The Swelling Of The Eyes After Eating Rice Late In The Night? by iscom(m): 2:50pm On Feb 09, 2015
This is serious matter o.
Re: What Causes The Swelling Of The Eyes After Eating Rice Late In The Night? by elobyobi: 5:29am On Feb 10, 2015
You might be allergic to some chemicals in the rice. And by the way, if rice causes ur eyes to swell, why do you continue eating it? (na wa for Nigerians sef!)
Secondly (and this is more sinister, I'm afraid) you might have some kind of kidney pathology going on. Pretty much still in the early stages of course. For that you'd need to see a doctor, run some tests and stuff.
And then there's always google! grin
Re: What Causes The Swelling Of The Eyes After Eating Rice Late In The Night? by zeezahbee(f): 6:28am On Feb 10, 2015
This condition is called pollen-food allergy syndrome and it is the result of cross-reactivity between certain pollens and other foods like (proteins). it is sometimes treated with anti-histamine. i do have allergy when i eat beans so i had to stop.
Re: What Causes The Swelling Of The Eyes After Eating Rice Late In The Night? by Joel3(m): 5:42pm On Mar 28, 2021
yes. it does and also affect night vision.

(1) (Reply)

How 2 Boost My Immune System / Top 10 Body Lotions For African Skin / "Hand Of Hope": 21-week-old Unborn Fetus Reach Out Towards The Surgeon. See Why

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.