Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,485 members, 7,819,759 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:32 PM

Christ Embassy Charges N10M From Each Parish To Celebrate Pastor Chris Birthday - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Christ Embassy Charges N10M From Each Parish To Celebrate Pastor Chris Birthday (978 Views)

Lagos Mystery Pastor, Chris Okafor Accused Of Sleeping With Female Church Member / Douglas-ayam’s Kidnappers Reduce Ransom To N10m From N500m / Ticket To Oil And Gas Gala Night Goes For N10M, And N300M For Table. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christ Embassy Charges N10M From Each Parish To Celebrate Pastor Chris Birthday by AINATOLULOPE: 12:59pm On Nov 25, 2014
[img]http://4.bp..com/-je-R22WF42c/VHRWp5Mwn7I/AAAAAAABDgA/PcGc1fbikxU/s280/Chris%2BOyakhilome.jpg[/img]

- http://www./apps/forums/topics/show/13074823-outrageous-christ-embassy-charges-n10m-from-each-parish-to-celebrate-pastor-chris-birthday

As Outrageous as it may sound,but this is the reality on ground if what we received from members of Christ Embassy is anything to go by.

The Church has tasked its various Parishes a whopping N10,000,000 to be paid within the next one week to celebrate the birthday of its founder Pastor Chris Oyakhilome in a country and society reeling in abject poverty.

This is the story as narrated by one of its members Mr Al Akhigbe.

From Al Akhigbe from the group on FB: Where is Rev Anita Oyakhilome

ALWAYS MONEY MATTERS

Letter From Christ Embassy To It Parishes:

'"Esteemed Group Pastor,

Warm greetings in the matchless name of Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. Amen.
Congratulations on the just concluded International Pastors and Partners Conference.IPPC.
I have been directed by our highly esteemed Zonal Director, Pastor ----------- to remind you of your Financial commitment to offer 7, the birthday of our dear Man of God, Pastor Chris Oyakhilome, Phd.

The minimum target for each Group is ten million Naira only (N10,000,000.00) .
Kindly note that the money is expected on or before 2nd December as you are aware that the birthday is on the 7th of December.
Thank you for your outstanding commitment to the vision of our ministry.
Signed-----'"

Now, the above letter just hit my email box. And I thought I should share a thought or two for the benefit of those who don't know why we are doing what we are doing.

Now, in this zone, there are twelve groups plus the zonal church. The twelve groups will give a total sum of N120,000,000.00 and the zonal church will give N100,000,000.00 making a total of N220,000,000.00 (equivalent of approximately USD $1.3 million dollars). Let us assume every zone in Nigeria alone gives $1 million dollars each, about $30 million dollars will accrue to one man. Ghana will give big, SA will not lag behind et cetera.

Tell me why the man will not play God? This is aside the personal effects that will be sold on that day for tens of millions of dollars. Why should such a man admit to wrongdoing or take correction from a mere mortal? It can only take God to bring him to his kneels.

Ironically, those being fleeced of these monies are suffering and shouting hallelujah while our apostles live in flagrant luxury. Some businesses have grounded, homes broken, people pauperized because of these ungodly extortions. Giving is a Godly principle that works for Christian, pagans, Muslims, Buddhists, anyone and anywhere. But these manipulated exploitation of God's people is certainly not of God.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, how many times did Jesus celebrate his birthday? Okay, birthday was not in vogue then. We knew some people WILLINGLY ministered to Him of their substances. But how many times did Jesus call for donations or give his disciples targets to meet to enable Him run His ministry? Oh, I forgot, Jesus was too divine for such.

Then, can someone show me which of the apostles or disciples that did it? All the doctrines of giving that is enforced in this ministry are borrowed from the old testament. When it concerns money, old testament is applied. But when it concerns righteousness, you are reminded that old testament have been abolished. That is why every iniquity they commit are explained away in the concept of sin.

As I explained in my book Acts Of Our Apostles, one of the major reasons most African nations are poor is the rate at which our churches mop up money from circulation. The already poor people are dispossessed of their meagre incomes to the tune of billions of dollars every year, not to be invested in any beneficial project for them, but to provide luxury and thin god status for the pastors. Offer 7, Offer 1,2,3 to 31 are all avenues for filthy lucre. Any endeavour that has no benefits to mankind is futile"

- http://www./apps/forums/topics/show/13074823-outrageous-christ-embassy-charges-n10m-from-each-parish-to-celebrate-pastor-chris-birthday

1 Like

Re: Christ Embassy Charges N10M From Each Parish To Celebrate Pastor Chris Birthday by emmancipated(m): 1:04pm On Nov 25, 2014
No wonder dem dey sow seed well well for dat church.kai
Re: Christ Embassy Charges N10M From Each Parish To Celebrate Pastor Chris Birthday by zubby29(m): 1:05pm On Nov 25, 2014
lipsrsealed
Re: Christ Embassy Charges N10M From Each Parish To Celebrate Pastor Chris Birthday by ruffp: 1:08pm On Nov 25, 2014
Word!!!!!!!!
Re: Christ Embassy Charges N10M From Each Parish To Celebrate Pastor Chris Birthday by html14java(f): 1:11pm On Nov 25, 2014
Picture or adonbilivit
Re: Christ Embassy Charges N10M From Each Parish To Celebrate Pastor Chris Birthday by thatniqqress(f): 1:13pm On Nov 25, 2014
Father lawd!!! shocked is the birtjday going to be done outta space or are they gana share iphone 6/hermes birkin bag

1 Like

Re: Christ Embassy Charges N10M From Each Parish To Celebrate Pastor Chris Birthday by hybridtm(m): 1:15pm On Nov 25, 2014
I don,t tink it is mandatory for all churches.. if ur branch can,t meet up to 10millia..tell dem.dem no go kill u
And bros for some branch na one person go pay dat money
But..my attention na wetin dem wan use d money do.if him use help d poor,den God go bless am.but if na for party......
Re: Christ Embassy Charges N10M From Each Parish To Celebrate Pastor Chris Birthday by Nobody: 1:17pm On Nov 25, 2014
Anyone who doesn't or didn't know from the get-go that this man called Chris Oyakhilome is a scammer of the highest order needs to get his head flogged. And strongly too. With a cane, a very massive one assembled from tree barks, koboko, animal skin and the finest of animal hair. angry
Re: Christ Embassy Charges N10M From Each Parish To Celebrate Pastor Chris Birthday by toxiflam: 1:19pm On Nov 25, 2014
shocked Outrageous
seems these days everyone now commercialize the answering of God's call,
Make I dey wait maybe He go give me.missed call self
Re: Christ Embassy Charges N10M From Each Parish To Celebrate Pastor Chris Birthday by Nobody: 1:21pm On Nov 25, 2014
When even the most unreligious, but humble politicians the world over celebrate quiet birthdays and make no noise about it, this thieving pastor thinks making other people pay for his birthday celebrations is just appropriate.
Man, it'll continue to baffle me how Nigerians could be so gullible enough to fall for his trickery. But on second thought, even cannibalistic Rev. King had his own followers among Nigerians.
Re: Christ Embassy Charges N10M From Each Parish To Celebrate Pastor Chris Birthday by MizMyColi(f): 1:46pm On Nov 25, 2014
shocked

goofyone:
Anyone who doesn't or didn't know from the get-go that this man called Chris Oyakhilome is a scammer of the highest order needs to get his head flogged. And strongly too. With a cane, a very massive one assembled from tree barks, koboko, animal skin and the finest of animal hair. angry
Re: Christ Embassy Charges N10M From Each Parish To Celebrate Pastor Chris Birthday by enochogaga(m): 1:50pm On Nov 25, 2014
weytin consine you, nah ur money them tey dey give, people wey they give the money them dey complain for ur faher?
Re: Christ Embassy Charges N10M From Each Parish To Celebrate Pastor Chris Birthday by Nobody: 1:51pm On Nov 25, 2014
MizMyColi:
shocked

grin I'm angry!
Re: Christ Embassy Charges N10M From Each Parish To Celebrate Pastor Chris Birthday by kelechiMarie(f): 2:07pm On Nov 25, 2014
shocked ten emu!!!!
Re: Christ Embassy Charges N10M From Each Parish To Celebrate Pastor Chris Birthday by cupidhero(m): 2:23pm On Nov 25, 2014
lies!

(1) (Reply)

Viral Hit Song Disturbing The 9janet / 10 Successful Companies That Started Off As Something Completely Different / Ladies Love Money? Can You Kiss Him For #5million?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.