Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,274 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:19 AM

How Much Do You Love Mathematics - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Much Do You Love Mathematics (1110 Views)

2015 Cowbell Mathematics Champion, Akinkuowo Honoured By School. / Possible MATHEMATICS Questions For 2015 Jamb Examination (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Do You Love Mathematics by makasimatics(m): 1:18pm On Nov 25, 2014
How much do you love mathematics.

Mathematics is the only subject that I so much appreciate during my days in the school. While others( my colleagues) were afraid of it,i was so much in love with it. I have practiced mathematics so long that I was able to create different formulae to tackle different questions both in calculus and pre- calculus. For instance, in both monic and non-monic quadratic equation, known methods like: completing the square principle, method of substitution, etc are used,but I managed to create a very simple and clear method to get the two roots of X. The method is nicknamed
" DESA ODER". This method involves series of steps as D(derivative) would be performed first followed by,E(expansion),S(subtraction), and A(addition).
This, among others,is the benefits of being obsessed with maths.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Do You Love Mathematics by Confession14(f): 1:42pm On Nov 25, 2014
makasimatics:

Mathematics is the only subject that I so much appreciate during my days in the school. While others( my colleagues) were afraid of it,i was so much in love with it. I have practiced mathematics so long that I was able to create different formulae to tackle different questions both in calculus and pre- calculus. For instance, in both monic and non-monic quadratic equation, known methods like: completing the square principle, method of substitution, etc are used,but I managed to create a very simple and clear method to get the two roots of X. The method is nicknamed
" DESA ODER". This method involves series of steps as D(derivative) would be performed first followed by,E(expansion),S(subtraction), and A(addition).
wait....once i collapse u will know how much i love mathematics...btw to love maths is equal to loving a fat ugly guy without money...i dont mean the op oooooooo

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Love Mathematics by kestolove95(m): 1:53pm On Nov 25, 2014
I need more hatred to add to d one I olready hv for maths.

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Love Mathematics by Diffdeef(m): 2:17pm On Nov 25, 2014
God forbid bad thing.
Re: How Much Do You Love Mathematics by ameer2: 3:12pm On Nov 25, 2014
Maths is lyk a Game. . .it's sweet lyk sugar.

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Love Mathematics by makasimatics(m): 9:22am On Dec 02, 2014
Lol @ kestolove95
Re: How Much Do You Love Mathematics by makasimatics(m): 9:24am On Dec 02, 2014
Real truth @ ameer2. The limit of the sweet nature of maths is tending to infinity. That is for me.
Re: How Much Do You Love Mathematics by DEGREE2466(m): 12:24pm On Dec 02, 2014
kestolove95:

i hated maths the way you do back then in secondary school but when i was seeking for admission i applied for economics not knowing that i have applied for sub-maths.

to God be the glory i am doing fine in maths now and none of my classmates could ever believe i never liked maths because of the way i get obsessed with it

maths is fun if you ask me

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Love Mathematics by kestolove95(m): 4:29pm On Dec 02, 2014
DEGREE2466:

i hated maths the way you do back then in secondary school but when i was seeking for admission i applied for economics not knowing that i have applied for sub-maths.

to God be the glory i am doing fine in maths now and none of my classmates could ever believe i never liked maths because of the way i get obsessed with it

kip the fun to ur self..for mi..nevr

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Love Mathematics by dnaija: 6:10pm On Dec 02, 2014
I'm scared of Mathematics and this has affected me academically. I have to change
from Pure Science to Commercial due to my phobia for maths. Please makasimatics,
if you live within Lagos, I don't mind having you as a private maths teacher. I know I can
overcome this phobia by learning and having a mathematics mentor.

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Love Mathematics by makasimatics(m): 9:08am On Dec 03, 2014
@ dnaija. I would have loved to do so but I'm in port Harcourt. Though I do come to Lagos FESTAC. How we go do am
Re: How Much Do You Love Mathematics by makasimatics(m): 9:22am On Dec 03, 2014
Confession14:
wait....once i collapse u will know how much i love mathematics...btw to love maths is equal to loving a fat ugly guy without money...i dont mean the op oooooooo

Lol u are funny.
Re: How Much Do You Love Mathematics by makasimatics(m): 9:24am On Dec 03, 2014
[quote author=kestolove95 post=28532146] kip the fun to ur self..for mi..nevr[/quote

U know what? Maths loaths people that loath it. To know it,u must love it
Re: How Much Do You Love Mathematics by makasimatics(m): 9:27am On Dec 03, 2014
DEGREE2466:

True talk. As for me,my students were complaining that they never had any good foundation in maths, but I do tell them that they could still know it more than they think if only they could believe

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Love Mathematics by makasimatics(m): 9:30am On Dec 03, 2014
kestolove95:

Maths is fun really
Re: How Much Do You Love Mathematics by DEGREE2466(m): 10:19am On Dec 03, 2014
kestolove95:

ok ooo
but your children will ask you daddy why?

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Love Mathematics by dnaija: 12:52pm On Dec 03, 2014
@makasimatics, Do let me know when you intend to come to Lagos and we can have appointment
and discuss in details. I want to start learning basic Maths through Youtube before progressing to advance
Level. A mathematical mentor will be of great help...

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Love Mathematics by Hoii(m): 1:24pm On Dec 03, 2014
I hated mathematics uptil SS2 2nd term. By 3rd term, a new maths teacher was assigned to my class and dat marked d turning point in my life. This woman was very patient. She took her time to explain the solutions over and over again. I started attempting questions myself and with time, i developed interest in maths. I spent hours daily studyin different topics. Later, it extended to physics & chemistry.
Today, i'm in love with anything that deals with calculations. May God continue to bless that woman.
I LOVE MATHEMATICS

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Love Mathematics by makasimatics(m): 1:36pm On Dec 12, 2014
dnaija:
@makasimatics, Do let me know when you intend to come to Lagos and we can have appointment
and discuss in details. I want to start learning basic Maths through Youtube before progressing to advance
Level. A mathematical mentor will be of great help...

OK guy
Re: How Much Do You Love Mathematics by agwuuche: 2:09pm On Dec 12, 2014
100%

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Love Mathematics by Gbemileke06: 9:57am On Dec 13, 2014
I like mAthemAtics,i don't love it.i prefer subjects/courses thAt involves reAding like biology.In secondAry school,i preferred further mAthemAtics to mAthemAtics
makasimatics:

Re: How Much Do You Love Mathematics by Gbemileke06: 9:57am On Dec 13, 2014
Lol.Are you An Art student?
Diffdeef:
God forbid bad thing.
Re: How Much Do You Love Mathematics by makasimatics(m): 10:58am On Dec 14, 2014
DEGREE2466:

ok ooo
but your children will ask you daddy why?

Really
Re: How Much Do You Love Mathematics by makasimatics(m): 10:59am On Dec 14, 2014
Gbemileke06:
Lol.Are you An Art student?

Why God go forbid? Art na bad thing?
Re: How Much Do You Love Mathematics by makasimatics(m): 11:07am On Dec 14, 2014
kestolove95:

Lol u are funny
Re: How Much Do You Love Mathematics by Gbemileke06: 7:30pm On Dec 14, 2014
No Art is not A bAd thing.it's just thAt most per cent of those with intense hAtred for mAths Are usuAlly from Art clAss
makasimatics:

Why God go forbid? Art na bad thing?
Re: How Much Do You Love Mathematics by Timothy3113(m): 8:42pm On Dec 14, 2014
Thanks to my dad, when i was a kid , i hate reading, and a little bit dull. When my dad realise dis, he bombarded me with math, to d extend, dat i startd during sec skul math since prim 4.
I continue on dis thread, till my sss1 in which i becom lazy to practice.
The reason i like math compare to oda sub is that, once a ''matimatician foreva a matimaticain''. Once u no the concept u know it till life. Unlike oda sub dat u must read, read

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Print JAMB Admission Letter / Goodluck Lays Foundation Of UAM Teaching Hospital In Otukpo Benue / Nairalanders Please Solve This Simple Maths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.