Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,904 members, 7,817,677 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

The Purpose Of Jesus’ Mission On Earth - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Purpose Of Jesus’ Mission On Earth (956 Views)

PHOTO: The "Real" Face Of Jesus Uncovered / How You Can Discover Your Purpose On Earth / Nigerians, Road Accidents And The Blood Of Jesus. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Purpose Of Jesus’ Mission On Earth by Kei144(m): 7:28pm On Nov 25, 2014
What was the purpose of the ministry that Jesus Christ carried out on earth? How has that purpose been fulfilled in the world, right up to today?
Re: The Purpose Of Jesus’ Mission On Earth by Nobody: 7:43pm On Nov 25, 2014
Jesus was murdered because of Roman politics. It was treasonable felony purnishable by death to declare yourself a King of Jews when there was a sitting king.

2 Likes

Re: The Purpose Of Jesus’ Mission On Earth by Kei144(m): 7:50pm On Nov 25, 2014
Billyonaire:
Jesus was murdered because of Roman politics. It was treasonable felony purnishable by death to declare yourself a King of Jews when there was a sitting king.

On seeing this post, my first reaction was that this thread is not about why Jesus was crucified. However, as I thought about the post more deeply, it dawned on me that Jesus' crucifixion was an important part of the purpose of Jesus' ministry on earth.

One of the questions I hope that will be answered in this thread is why crucifixion should be an important part of Jesus' ministry on earth.
Re: The Purpose Of Jesus’ Mission On Earth by Nobody: 7:54pm On Nov 25, 2014
CHRIST's purpose for coming to this world is to set us free from the shackles of RELIGION, turn us from darkness, remove the veil covering our eyes and most especially helping us to see that God is a caring,loving and great father, and to show us how much He loved us,and above all to make us experience heaven-God's presence while we are still in our mortal bodies.John 1:12.. I've i answered your question?
Re: The Purpose Of Jesus’ Mission On Earth by Kei144(m): 8:29pm On Nov 25, 2014
Abajosax007:
CHRIST's purpose for coming to this world is to set us free from the shackles of RELIGION, turn us from darkness, remove the veil covering our eyes and most especially helping us to see that God is a caring,loving and great father, and to show us how much He loved us,and above all to make us experience heaven-God's presence while we are still in our mortal bodies.John 1:12.. I've i answered your question?

That is a beautiful answer. But, how far have we gone in experiencing this heaven here on earth?
Re: The Purpose Of Jesus’ Mission On Earth by Kei144(m): 8:31pm On Nov 25, 2014
In the beginning

In order to understand the purpose of the ministry that Jesus Christ carried out on earth, we need to review the beginning of mankind on earth.

He. 2:6 But there is a place where someone has testified: “What is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him?
He. 2:7 You made him a little [Or him for a little while] lower than the angels; you crowned him with glory and honour
He. 2:8 and put everything under his feet.” [Psalm 8:4-6] In putting everything under him, God left nothing that is not subject to him. Yet at present we do not see everything subject to him.

In Heb 2:7, we see that in the beginning God made man in such a way that for a little while he would be lower than the angels. After the little while, man would rise far above the angels and become exactly like God Himself.

Is. 14:12 How you have fallen from heaven, O morning star, son of the dawn! You have been cast down to the earth, you who once laid low the nations!
Is. 14:13 You said in your heart, “I will ascend to heaven; I will raise my throne above the stars of God; I will sit enthroned on the mount of assembly, on the utmost heights of the sacred mountain.
Is. 14:14 I will ascend above the tops of the clouds; I will make myself like the Most High.”

Apparently, shortly after God created man, Lucifer saw that the newly created man would soon become greater than him. This must have aroused jealousy in him. So, he said in his heart, “I will raise my throne above the stars of God; I will make myself like the Most High.”

Ge. 3:4 “You will not surely die,” the serpent said to the woman.
Ge. 3:5 “For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”

How could Lucifer raise his throne above the stars of God (mankind)? The only way was to prevent them from rising up above the angels and making them to fall to the level of animals. So, Lucifer went to work. He lied to mankind that the way to rise to the level of God was by rebelling against God’s word. Even though God had earlier warned mankind against receiving the fruit of Satan that leads to death, they still went ahead and accepted the supposed wisdom (or fruit) of Satan and fell to the level of animals.

In Heb 2:8, we see that in the beginning God put everything on earth under the feet of man. But now we do not see everything under the feet of man; because mankind fell from glory.
Re: The Purpose Of Jesus’ Mission On Earth by Kei144(m): 9:02pm On Nov 25, 2014
Then came Jesus

He. 2:9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels, now crowned with glory and honour because he suffered death, so that by the grace of God he might taste death for everyone.

Jesus Christ was also made a little lower than angels, just like Adam. But instead of falling to the level of animals like Adam, Jesus Christ rather rose much higher than the angels and is now exactly like God. Why the difference? Heb 2:9 says that the reason is that he suffered death for all mankind.

Ph. 2:5 Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus:
Ph. 2:6 Who, being in very nature [Or in the form of] God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,
Ph. 2:7 but made himself nothing, taking the very nature [Or the form] of a servant, being made in human likeness.
Ph. 2:8 And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death — even death on a cross!
Ph. 2:9 Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name.

Jesus Christ did not consider becoming like God as something to be grasped by rebelling against the word of God as Adam did. Instead, he humbled himself and became obedient to God’s word. The obedience led him to be crucified on the cross, as sacrifice atonement for the sins of humanity. God exalted him above angels and he became exactly like God.
Re: The Purpose Of Jesus’ Mission On Earth by Kei144(m): 6:44am On Nov 26, 2014
[size=13pt]Salvation through Jesus Christ[/size]

What exactly is salvation? Salvation is the act of saving something that is in danger of being completely destroyed.

Jn. 8:44 You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

Satan murdered mankind through lies. He succeeded in separating mankind from God, the source of life, through the introduction of sin. But God chose to save mankind from death. The only way salvation could occur is by bringing man near to God. When God looks at human beings, He sees the branches of Adam. God had to introduce a new Adam to the world. In order for the new Adam to acquire branches of the old Adam, the new Adam had to offer his life as a sacrifice of atonement for the sins of those branches.

He. 10:19 Therefore, brothers, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus,
He. 10:20 by a new and living way opened for us through the curtain, that is, his body,
He. 10:21 and since we have a great priest over the house of God,
He. 10:22 let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water.

Any willing branch of the old man (Adam) can now experience the presence of God by pleading the blood of Jesus Christ, which was shed for our redemption. However, in order for the pleading of the blood of Jesus Christ to be effective, the person must belong to the body of Christ. A person joins the body of Christ by being properly baptized in water. Proper water baptism must be preceded by repentance from the rebellious life of the first man and his branches (Acts 2:38). A person who wants to be baptized into Jesus Christ must shun the practice of rebelling against the word of God, which the old Adam is known for. The person must then embrace a life of submission to the word of God, which the new Adam is known for.

Mk. 16:15 He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation.
Mk. 16:16 Whoever believes and is baptised will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

The good news is that Jesus Christ offered himself as a sacrifice of atonement for our sins. Any person who is a member of the body of Christ (through proper baptism) and who believes and utilizes our redemption by the blood of Jesus Christ is in a position to experience the fullness of salvation.
Re: The Purpose Of Jesus’ Mission On Earth by Nobody: 7:35pm On Nov 26, 2014
Kei144:

That is a beautiful answer. But, how far have we gone in experiencing this heaven here on earth?
thats a question for each and everyone of us. God is willing to pour out His spirit upon us but He wont if we are not ready in our hearts, God needs to 'trust' us before commiting His anointing into our lives....the question is 'does God trust you?, are you on talking terms with Him?....may God help us all.. Amen
Re: The Purpose Of Jesus’ Mission On Earth by johnydon22(m): 11:50pm On Nov 26, 2014
Abajosax007:

so he didnt come to die for our sins
Re: The Purpose Of Jesus’ Mission On Earth by Kei144(m): 6:00am On Nov 27, 2014
[size=14pt]Rising up[/size]

The real reason for Jesus’ ministry on earth is to get human beings to come out of the fall and rise above the angels and become exactly like God.

Mt. 6:31 So do not worry, saying, `What shall we eat?’ or `What shall we drink?’ or `What shall we wear?’
Mt. 6:32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them.
Mt. 6:33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

People’s minds have become used to just getting the best they can while in the fallen state of humanity. In order to get the best as fallen humans, they aim to accumulate abundance of food, drinks, wears, pleasures and all manners of possession. Even the churches of today are so focused on so-called prosperity. But that is not what Jesus’ ministry on earth is about. Jesus’ ministry on earth is about getting human beings to rise up from the fall and become like God. Jesus Christ himself is an example of a human being who rose up to become like God.

Ge. 2:9 And the LORD God made all kinds of trees grow out of the ground — trees that were pleasing to the eye and good for food. In the middle of the garden were the tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

In the middle of the Garden of God were two trees whose fruits were food for the soul of man. The tree of life is God; the tree of the knowledge of good and evil is the devil. When mankind chose to receive the fruit of the devil, we were banished far away from the tree of life (Gen 3:24). Unfortunately, the only way human beings could rise up to become like God is that the soul must continue to feed on the fruit of the tree of life. The blood of Jesus Christ that was shed for us has made it possible for us to get back to the tree of life.

He. 9:7 But only the high priest entered the inner room, and that only once a year, and never without blood, which he offered for himself and for the sins the people had committed in ignorance.

He. 10:19 Therefore, brothers, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus,
He. 10:20 by a new and living way opened for us through the curtain, that is, his body.

Re. 5:9 And they sang a new song: “You are worthy to take the scroll and to open its seals, because you were slain, and with your blood you purchased men for God from every tribe and language and people and nation.
Re. 5:10 You have made them to be a kingdom and priests to serve our God, and they will reign on the earth.”

Only a priest of God can get near the tree of life (God) and he must go by sacrifice of blood. Our redemption by Jesus Christ has made it easy for any human being to be a priest of God and easily enter the presence of God (the tree of life). The person offers a sacrifice of blood only by faith; by pleading the blood of Jesus Christ. However, only a person that is in Christ can perform as a priest of God. A person becomes a priest of God by being properly baptized into Jesus Christ (water baptism). Proper water baptism must be preceded by repentance from the rebellious life of the first man and his branches (Acts 2:38). A person who wants to be baptized into Jesus Christ must shun the practice of rebelling against the word of God, which the old Adam is known for. The person must then embrace a life of submission to the word of God, which the new Adam is known for.

Ex. 40:12 “Bring Aaron and his sons to the entrance to the Tent of Meeting and wash them with water.
Ex. 40:13 Then dress Aaron in the sacred garments, anoint him and consecrate him so that he may serve me as priest.

Christian baptism in water is induction into the priesthood of God. After water baptism, the Christian should be dressed with sacred garments (holiness).

Ac. 1:8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you;

Lk. 11:13 If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!”

Whenever you enter the presence of God by the blood of Jesus Christ, ask God to give you the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is the fruit of the tree of life. As you feed and feed on the Holy Spirit, you are rising up towards becoming exactly like God.

Ro. 10:10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.
Ro. 10:11 As the Scripture says, “Anyone who trusts in him will never be put to shame.” [Isaiah 28:16]

Mt. 17:19 Then the disciples came to Jesus in private and asked, “Why couldn’t we drive it out?”
Mt. 17:20 He replied, “Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, `Move from here to there’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.”

Lk. 18:1 Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up.

As you receive the Holy Spirit, you should begin to operate like a (spiritual) king or prince of God. Being a king means to operate in the authority of the Holy Spirit. You can do all things through the Holy Spirit. You do things through word of faith. Even if it appears like the word of faith is not working, continue; it will surely work. For example, you can grow in holiness by operating the divine power through continual speaking of word of faith:

Everything in me that belongs to the kingdom of darkness; be destroyed by the Holy Spirit of the Most High, in the name of Jesus Christ. In the mighty name of the Lord Jesus Christ, I put to death every misdeed of the flesh, every act of the sinful nature in me, by the Holy Spirit.
Re: The Purpose Of Jesus’ Mission On Earth by sonmvayina(m): 7:16pm On Nov 27, 2014
what did he send out the 90 or 92 disciples out to do? if the purpose was for him to die and saved us, what do you think those disciples told people they were preaching to before he died and did that message change after he died?
Re: The Purpose Of Jesus’ Mission On Earth by Kei144(m): 7:42am On Nov 28, 2014
sonmvayina:
what did he send out the 90 or 92 disciples out to do? if the purpose was for him to die and saved us, what do you think those disciples told people they were preaching to before he died and did that message change after he died?

Lk. 10:1 After this the Lord appointed seventy-two [Some manuscripts: seventy; also in verse 17] others and sent them two by two ahead of him to every town and place where he was about to go.
Lk. 10:2 He told them, “The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.
Lk. 10:3 Go! I am sending you out like lambs among wolves.
Lk. 10:4 Do not take a purse or bag or sandals; and do not greet anyone on the road.
Lk. 10:5 “When you enter a house, first say, `Peace to this house.’
Lk. 10:6 If a man of peace is there, your peace will rest on him; if not, it will return to you.
Lk. 10:7 Stay in that house, eating and drinking whatever they give you, for the worker deserves his wages. Do not move around
from house to house.
Lk. 10:8 “When you enter a town and are welcomed, eat what is set before you.
Lk. 10:9 Heal the sick who are there and tell them, `The kingdom of God is near you.’

The purpose of sending out the 72 (or 70) disciples is clear in the passage. He sent them "ahead of him", because all that Jesus' ministry needed to succeed among Jews is to get them to believe that he is the Messiah. The Jews knew very clearly about the prophecy of Messiah and these 70 disciples were meant to convince them that Jesus is he. There message was simply that "the kingdom of God is near you"; that is, the Messiah is here and he has brought the kingdom of God near you. They demonstrated their message by healing the sick and casting out demons. The aim of the whole effort was to make the people to receive Jesus as the Messiah. Unfortunately, up till today, Jews still refuse to receive Jesus as their Messiah. If they do, even today, the world will witness a wonderful demonstration of God's power.

Jews hold the key to the ultimate salvation of mankind. Do not mind Arabs who set up up a parallel religion, out of jealousy, and claim that the kingdom of God has come in a new way through them.

https://www.nairaland.com/1857130/romans-threw-true-christianity-lions

(1) (Reply)

Does The Bible Blaspheme God? / Message Of The DAY April 5th 2015 (dr Paul Enenche) / Your Prayers Needed Please......

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.