Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,148 members, 7,821,918 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:45 PM

Benz C240; Nairalander Gurus Please Help! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Benz C240; Nairalander Gurus Please Help! (3203 Views)

Help, Benz C240. / Reliability Of Mercedes Benz C240/c320 / Honda Accord 2005 Model V6 Vs Mercedes Benz C240 2003 Model (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Benz C240; Nairalander Gurus Please Help! by Nobody: 7:46pm On Nov 25, 2014
Remote did not open the car but the light on remote was blinking. Car door was forced open from the top. The car ignited but functions like trafficator, horn, AC, door lock, windows, radio,wiper stopped working. A Nairalander introduced a technician who diagnosed the car and for over a week no show till now. Car still in Gudu, Abuja

Please what could be wrong?
Re: Benz C240; Nairalander Gurus Please Help! by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:22pm On Nov 25, 2014
FCTAbuja:
Remote did not open the car but the light on remote was blinking. Car door was forced open from the top. The car ignited but functions like trafficator, horn, AC, door lock, windows, radio,wiper stopped working. A Nairalander introduced a technician who diagnosed the car and for over a week no show till now. Car still in Gudu, Abuja

Please what could be wrong?

I'm sure its a 1960 beetle or maybe a 1970 504, possibly a 1980 benz 200 or a volvo 240.
Re: Benz C240; Nairalander Gurus Please Help! by Nobody: 10:31pm On Nov 25, 2014
Get it hooked to a star scanner and your problems would be solved. I suspect the rear SAM. The said car has a Manual key why force it open?

What year is the car? Is your fuel guage working?
Re: Benz C240; Nairalander Gurus Please Help! by mayor2013: 11:42pm On Nov 25, 2014
Was there any sort previous remote programming done on that car? I would still suggest you scan that car and post fault code here. If a remote programming was done be often your complain then I think it wasn't done properly. By the way give us a better details of your car
Re: Benz C240; Nairalander Gurus Please Help! by Nobody: 8:00am On Nov 26, 2014
cne010:
Get it hooked to a star scanner and your problems would be solved. I suspect the rear SAM. The said car has a Manual key why force it open?
What year is the car? Is your fuel guage working?

Thanks & God bless. The manual key is missing from previous user. The fuel gauge didn't work.
Re: Benz C240; Nairalander Gurus Please Help! by Nobody: 10:05am On Nov 26, 2014
FCTAbuja:

Thanks & God bless. The manual key is missing from previous user. The fuel gauge didn't work.

Your scan result should indicate rear sam not communicating. Where are you? I want to assume you changed your battery and you didn't do it the right way Or water made its way to the rear SAM. The negative goes out first and comes in last. The rear Sam on the 2001 to 2003 had a defective Motorola chip. Try to get a replacement from the 2004 and get it programmed.

Can you open the trunk from the inside the car? That manual key is really needed find a way to get one.
Re: Benz C240; Nairalander Gurus Please Help! by AutosBay(m): 10:28am On Nov 26, 2014
There is a problem with the power source.
Re: Benz C240; Nairalander Gurus Please Help! by Nobody: 11:10am On Nov 26, 2014
cne010:

Your scan result should indicate rear sam not communicating. Where are you? I want to assume you changed your battery and you didn't do it the right way Or water made its way to the rear SAM. The negative goes out first and comes in last. The rear Sam on the 2001 to 2003 had a defective Motorola chip. Try to get a replacement from the 2004 and get it programmed.
Can you open the trunk from the inside the car? That manual key is really needed find a way to get one.

Thanks o. I tried opening the trunk from inside but my model dont seem to have the access.
Re: Benz C240; Nairalander Gurus Please Help! by FlyboyZee: 12:39pm On Nov 26, 2014
Before you do anything, please check ALL your fuses in the hood and inside the cabin.

I had a similar experience with my Honda Pilot and it was just a silly 10amp rate red fuse that blew. There was spare under the cover of the fuse box. The car returned to normal operation as soon as I did the fuse change. It was as if scales fell from my eyes. LOL. I was really apprehensive, confused and terrified thinking something really serious had gone wrong.

#JustMyThoughtsAnyways...
Re: Benz C240; Nairalander Gurus Please Help! by Nobody: 3:24pm On Nov 26, 2014
FCTAbuja:

Thanks o. I tried opening the trunk from inside but my model dont seem to have the access.

What year is your C240 so you don't have access to the trunk without the keys or how Do you open it?
Re: Benz C240; Nairalander Gurus Please Help! by Nobody: 12:59pm On Nov 28, 2014
cne010:

What year is your C240 so you don't have access to the trunk without the keys or how Do you open it?

Year 2002. It was wedged from the top of the drivers side door and a metal hook was used to pull up the knob
Re: Benz C240; Nairalander Gurus Please Help! by Nobody: 2:51am On Nov 30, 2014
Have you fixed it yet?
Re: Benz C240; Nairalander Gurus Please Help! by Nobody: 9:49am On Dec 06, 2014
cne010:
Have you fixed it yet?

No yet sir, so sorry I have been down. The car is still with the technician for over a month. The car hasn't worked o. This is the bill the guy sent today. The brakedown of items for fix is as follows
1. Complete unit of eis and ecu, streering lock and key @ 75k lagos price
2. Rear SAM @ 30k
3. Labour charge for electrician 15k
total 125k.

Please Auto Gurus, save my soul!

Actually The car was flooded about 3 mths ago soon after I bought it. And got it fixed about 5 days after but there was about 8wks interval before this event happened
Re: Benz C240; Nairalander Gurus Please Help! by Nobody: 1:08pm On Dec 06, 2014
FCTAbuja:

No yet sir, so sorry I have been down. The car is still with the technician for over a month. The car hasn't worked o. This is the bill the guy sent today. The brakedown of items for fix is as follows
1. Complete unit of eis and ecu, streering lock and key @ 75k lagos price
2. Rear SAM @ 30k
3. Labour charge for electrician 15k
total 125k.

Please Auto Gurus, save my soul!

Actually The car was flooded about 3 mths ago soon after I bought it. And got it fixed about 5 days after but there was about 8wks interval before this event happened

If the car starts and engine runs I don't think you need the ECU, EIS and key. I think you just need the rear Sam that's all and it's about 20k. As far the car runs and drive change the rear Sam.
Re: Benz C240; Nairalander Gurus Please Help! by Nobody: 1:52pm On Dec 06, 2014
cne010:

If the car starts and engine runs I don't think you need the ECU, EIS and key. I think you just need the rear Sam that's all and it's about 20k. As far the car runs and drive change the rear Sam.

Appreciate your kind response,
But remember functions like trafficator, horn, AC, door lock, windows, radio,wiper stopped working. Will changing the rear Sam solve the problems listed.

Also can you assist with a technician in Abuja that can help to fix the car? Pls send me your no so that we can talk
Re: Benz C240; Nairalander Gurus Please Help! by Nobody: 3:10pm On Dec 06, 2014
FCTAbuja:

But remember functions like trafficator, horn, AC, door lock, windows, radio,wiper stopped working. Will changing the rear Sam solve the problems listed.

Also can you assist with a technician in Abuja that can help to fix the car? Pls send me your no so that we can talk

Sadly I'm in Lagos. I don't know a mechanic in Abj would ask my mech if he knows any in Lagos. I strongly believe your problem is the rear SAM and does your mechanic have a star scanner? Cos it might need programming after installing and the rear Sam would point the exact problem.

http://www.micro-tronik.com/learning/technical-information/automotive/mercedes-benz-general-information/chassis-203-209/rear-sam/
Re: Benz C240; Nairalander Gurus Please Help! by tommysparks: 12:32am On Dec 09, 2014
FCTAbuja:

contact Alhaji kehinde he is a benz guru in abuja call him and your car will be fixed but you go hold money sha, he restored mine to factory reset. 08033143483
Re: Benz C240; Nairalander Gurus Please Help! by jigato(m): 5:26am On Oct 23, 2015
@cne010 and tommyspark: please I need ur help here, I have a C240 Mercedes, few months ago I had alternator failure, while trying to get it fixed, the electrician blew the front and back SAM. basically my front and back turn signal, reserve light, parking light, tail light, fog light, high beam and beam flasher are not not working. even the remote doesn't open the boot any more, but the side mirror turn signal is working, the wiper and every other tin controlled by the SAM are working. I have tried more than 4 back SAM, whenever I put a new back SAM, everything controlled by the back SAM starts working but the fuel gauge won't work but the fuel gauge works with my old bad SAM
Wat exactly do I do to make my fuel gauge work with d new SAM? am I suppose to reprogramming the new SAM to make d fuel gauge work? if yes, wat do they use to reprogramme the SAM and where can I do it,

I live in Benin City. I look 4ward to ur timely response. u can always contact me through me email address: ivanosas@yahoo.com.

Thanks in anticipation.

Ivan
Re: Benz C240; Nairalander Gurus Please Help! by jigato(m): 5:31am On Oct 23, 2015
@cne010 and tommyspark: please I need ur help here, I have a C240 Mercedes, few months ago I had alternator failure, while trying to get it fixed, the electrician blew the front and back SAM. basically my front and back turn signal, reserve light, parking light, tail light, fog light, high beam and beam flasher are not not working. even the remote doesn't open the boot any more, but the side mirror turn signal is working, the wiper and every other tin controlled by the SAM are working. I have tried more than 4 back SAM, whenever I put a new back SAM, everything controlled by the back SAM starts working but the fuel gauge won't work but the fuel gauge works with my old bad SAM
Wat exactly do I do to make my fuel gauge work with d new SAM? am I suppose to reprogramming the new SAM to make d fuel gauge work? if yes, wat do they use to reprogramme the SAM and where can I do it, my Sam Manufacture No. is 0025459701 but other parts in the car carries A20354*****

I live in Benin City. I look 4ward to ur timely response. u can always contact me through me email address: ivanosas@yahoo.com.

Thanks in anticipation.

Ivan

(1) (Reply)

This Is For GAZZUZ...... / Honda Steering Rack Adjustment / Snake Living In A Mans Bike For Months With Out His Knowledge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.