Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,128 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

Mathematics Is Sweet - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Mathematics Is Sweet (831 Views)

2015 Cowbell Mathematics Champion, Akinkuowo Honoured By School. / Mathematics Is Not Compulsory For All Course Of Study - WAEC Boss / Beware, Lasu Department Of Mathematics Is Precarious! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mathematics Is Sweet by makasimatics(m): 4:15am On Nov 26, 2014
During my secondary school days,i used to pay little attention in mathematics. This was owing totally to the fact that, I hated it. I fear mathematics so much that I couldn't even look at it talk more of reading it.
This lukewarm attitude of mine when it comes to maths made me the worst student of mathematics.

But my belief towards mathematics later changed when I got admitted into th university of portharcourt. I was offered economics which actually was what I applied for without the knowledge that mathematics abound in it. I was so good in any theoretical subject except calculations. Then,when our professor of mathematical economics said that," we can only become good economists if we are at least, c students in maths". I was shocked by his statement. Then, I made a dogged decision that mathematics must be my food which I finally saw as my sweetest food because, I later became the best mathematics student in my class. In addition, lots of nick names were given to me. Among the nicknames are: Mathematical Makasi, Makasimatics, Mr Echelon Matrix, etc.

This is my story .
Re: Mathematics Is Sweet by GboyegaD(m): 5:08am On Nov 26, 2014
Do we really use much of mathematical concepts in Economics back in Nigeria? It is good you adapted quickly and now it is working for you.

1 Like

Re: Mathematics Is Sweet by jeffizy(m): 5:40am On Nov 26, 2014
I thought being a mathematician gives you no chance in life until I tapped into my analytical mind .
I found out I could reason faster and react spontaneously to events and difficulties around me faster than others.
I gained sound mind and sleek mental reasoning.

Should I continue?

Mathematicians think ahead. grin

1 Like

Re: Mathematics Is Sweet by LEERICIST(m): 7:09am On Nov 26, 2014
I'm in the department of mathematics in uniport... maths is my food.. i eat it day and night grin

1 Like

Re: Mathematics Is Sweet by makasimatics(m): 9:33am On Dec 03, 2014
GboyegaD:
Do we really use much of mathematical concepts in Economics back in Nigeria? It is good you adapted quickly and now it is working for you.

I don't really get u. Can u make grasp u?
Re: Mathematics Is Sweet by makasimatics(m): 9:36am On Dec 03, 2014
LEERICIST:
I'm in the department of mathematics in uniport... maths is my food.. i eat it day and night grin

Correct friend,i would really want to meet u
Though I just graduated this year
I want us to talk mathematically.

Also,check my new post,i have new algorithm for both 2 and 3 linear equations
Re: Mathematics Is Sweet by makasimatics(m): 9:38am On Dec 03, 2014
jeffizy:
I thought being a mathematician gives you no chance in life until I tapped into my analytical mind .
I found out I could reason faster and react spontaneously to events and difficulties around me faster than others.
I gained sound mind and sleek mental reasoning.

Should I continue?

Mathematicians think ahead. grin

Yes it's the truth. Mathematical minds react to issues faster and accurate ( most times) relative to non- mathematical minds
Re: Mathematics Is Sweet by GboyegaD(m): 1:28pm On Dec 03, 2014
makasimatics:

I don't really get u. Can u make grasp u?

All I am saying is that we don't do any maths in our economics programs in Nigeria compared to the western countries.

1 Like

Re: Mathematics Is Sweet by makasimatics(m): 10:59am On Dec 11, 2014
GboyegaD:

All I am saying is that we don't do any maths in our economics programs in Nigeria compared to the western countries.

Now I get u
Re: Mathematics Is Sweet by makasimatics(m): 11:01am On Dec 11, 2014
GboyegaD:

Thanks bro
Re: Mathematics Is Sweet by Pinitiative: 11:34am On Dec 11, 2014
AWOOF!!!

Mathematics : Permutation

Grab this free airtime

7259-XXXX-XXXX

Learning is fun.
Predict the last four digits... >>>

www.jambcbttest.com/fpages.php?id=41

1 Like

Re: Mathematics Is Sweet by makasimatics(m): 11:56am On Dec 14, 2014
Pinitiative:
AWOOF!!!

Mathematics : Permutation

Grab this free airtime

7259-XXXX-XXXX

Learning is fun.
Predict the last four digits... >>>

This one na magic? Lol
www.jambcbttest.com/fpages.php?id=41

(1) (Reply)

How To Score Above 280 In JAMB 2015/2016 UTME / WAEC Set To Release NOV/DEC Result Today 18 Dec 2014 By 2:00pm / My Fear And Worry On My Education/career

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.