Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,626 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:09 PM

Summary So Far On Nairaland This Year - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Summary So Far On Nairaland This Year (2081 Views)

Na For Only Nairaland This Kind Thing Fit Happen / Who Is The Most Beautiful Guy On Nairaland This Year 2013 / What Have U Gained So Far On Nairaland? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Summary So Far On Nairaland This Year by FLAWLES(f): 3:36pm On Nov 26, 2014
waywardpikin:

Wow... How did I miss that?

So what does FUN have to do with anything?
.how ll you get it wen you er working wit ur monicar.............lol
Re: Summary So Far On Nairaland This Year by Nobody: 4:16pm On Nov 26, 2014
waywardpikin:
I'll go straight to the point. As the year draws to a close, here are some of the things that occurred on NL this year:

- Sambisa forest was the most referred to location following the Chibok girls saga. Some pass there everyday on their way to work while some were advised to relocate there.

- We were made to understand that diaris godu o. And if you already knew that, you were still reminded multiple times. Patience I hail o.

- Short guys suffered the most this year. They were the worst hit as every girl suddenly cannot and will not date a short guy. If you like have a billion dollars in your account and be as handsome as I am. They still would not date you. Why? Cos you are short. Short guys pele o. Rest assured that I feel your pain(s?) and empathize with your situation/condition.

- Everybody schooled in France undecided

- The Ten Types Of People Crew held sway on the Romance Section, spearheaded by tosyn2much, and we got to learn about the different types of people we could meet in different situations. For example, 10 types of boko haram suicide bombers you could meet in a marketplace, 10 types of people you could meet in a molue, 10 types of people you could meet in the toilet, etc.

- Tonto Dikeh lost her position as FP queen this year. Perhaps her contract with Seun had expired, or maybe they broke up, or maybe she just stopped giving Seun the pvnnny for whatever reason, na she sabi. Whatever the case maybe, it was Tonto Dikeh out - Linda Ikeji in. That's right! Anything that had Linda Ikeji in it stood a greater chance of making front page. Just watch, it's highly likely that this thread will make front page. Why? It's got Linda Ikeji in it!

- With the elections drawing closer, the PDP e-warriors and the APC supporters of APC (as I see them refer to each other o make una no bite my head) have doubled their efforts at attacking, thwarting and undermining each other as more and more political threads make front page. That's good for them, but I remain apolitical so that's none of my business.

- Oh and that reminds me! Kermit the frog (from Sesame street) also had a good year, sipping his tea (especially Lipton) and minding his business. Suddenly everybody also started minding their own business as well. Iffa hear! But wetin consign me anyway? It's none of my business.

- All in all, I'd say the Romance Section dominated the front page, much to the consternation of other 'serious-minded' individuals, and the 'How-Did-This-Get-On-FrontPage' Crew were forced to work round the clock, asking questions that no one really cares about, while sipping their Lipton and doing the Kermit. Lol

Anyway, that's that about that. What did you learn from Nairaland this year?

Keep it clean, keep it simple, keep it fun...
Lmao this is so funny #deadatthebolded cheesy
Re: Summary So Far On Nairaland This Year by waywardpikin: 4:29pm On Nov 26, 2014
FLAWLES:
.how ll you get it wen you er working wit ur monicar.............lol

He who is without sin should cast the first stone ma'am grin
Re: Summary So Far On Nairaland This Year by msmon(m): 8:02pm On Nov 26, 2014
In case!
Re: Summary So Far On Nairaland This Year by omalistic(f): 10:20pm On Nov 26, 2014
OP you forgot the "I schooled in France crew"
Re: Summary So Far On Nairaland This Year by youngice(m): 9:05am On Nov 27, 2014
waywardpikin:
I'll go straight to the point. As the year draws to a close, here are some of the things that occurred on NL this year:

- Sambisa forest was the most referred to location following the Chibok girls saga. Some pass there everyday on their way to work while some were advised to relocate there.

- We were made to understand that diaris godu o. And if you already knew that, you were still reminded multiple times. Patience I hail o.

- The derailer's association of NL proved to be a serious plague that every thread owner feared as they made it a habit to roam from thread to thread asking who dey play match, asking for BB chargers, Nokia torchlight batteries and other irrelevancies. What the hell does an Itel charger have to do with the topic of the thread? angry angry When you observe any member of the derailer's association (and they are many) lurking around on your thread, dear Oga and Madam, your thread is about to be derailed.

- Space booking was taken to a whole new direction this year as comments such as 'qqqhs' and 'gjqiq' were rife on FP topics. To a newcomer 'qqqhs' and 'gjqiq' is nothing but gibberish, but make no mistake, the hustle to be on the first page is real, and these monikers are only booking space. Ahdismdsfs...

- Short guys suffered the most this year. They were the worst hit as every girl suddenly couldn't, cannot, and will not date a short guy. If you like have a billion dollars in your account and be as handsome as I am. They still would not date you. Why? Cos you are short. Short guys pele o. Rest assured that I feel your pain(s?) and empathize with your situation/condition.

- The Ten Types Of People Crew held sway on the Romance Section, spearheaded by tosyn2much, and we got to learn about the different types of people we could meet in different situations. For example, 10 types of boko haram suicide bombers you could meet in a marketplace, 10 types of people you could meet in a molue, 10 types of people you could meet in the toilet, etc.

- Tonto Dikeh lost her position as FP queen this year. Perhaps her contract with Seun had expired, or maybe they broke up, or maybe she just stopped giving Seun the pvnnny for whatever reason, na she sabi. Whatever the case maybe, it was Tonto Dikeh out - Linda Ikeji in. That's right! Anything that had Linda Ikeji in it stood a greater chance of making front page. Just watch, it's highly likely that this thread will make front page. Why? It's got Linda Ikeji in it!

- With the elections drawing closer, the PDP e-warriors and the APC supporters of APC (as I see them refer to each other o make una no bite my head) have doubled their efforts at attacking, thwarting and undermining each other as more and more political threads make front page. That's good for them, but I remain apolitical so that's none of my business.

- Oh and that reminds me! Kermit the frog (from Sesame street) also had a good year, sipping his tea (especially Lipton) and minding his business. Suddenly everybody also started minding their own business as well. Iffa hear! But wetin consign me anyway? It's none of my business.

- All in all, I'd say the Romance Section dominated the front page, much to the consternation of other 'serious-minded' individuals, and the 'How-Did-This-Get-On-FrontPage' Crew were forced to work round the clock, asking questions that no one really cares about, while sipping their Lipton and doing the Kermit. Lol

Crazy but very true
U tried in your spot on analysis
Re: Summary So Far On Nairaland This Year by NaijaOptimist: 10:18am On Nov 27, 2014
waywardpikin:

- The derailer's association of NL proved to be a serious plague that every thread owner feared as they made it a habit to roam from thread to thread asking who dey play match, asking for BB chargers, Nokia torchlight batteries and other irrelevancies. What the hell does an Itel charger have to do with the topic of the thread? angry angry When you observe any member of the derailer's association (and they are many) lurking around on your thread, dear Oga and Madam, your thread is about to be derailed.

- Space booking was taken to a whole new direction this year as comments such as 'qqqhs' and 'gjqiq' were rife on FP topics. To a newcomer 'qqqhs' and 'gjqiq' is nothing but gibberish, but make no mistake, the hustle to be on the first page is real, and these monikers are only booking space. Ahdismdsfs...

- Short guys suffered the most this year. They were the worst hit as every girl suddenly couldn't, cannot, and will not date a short guy. If you like have a billion dollars in your account and be as handsome as I am. They still would not date you. Why? Cos you are short. Short guys pele o. Rest assured that I feel your pain(s?) and empathize with your situation/condition.

Op, you forgot "OGA AT THE TOP"
Re: Summary So Far On Nairaland This Year by waywardpikin: 10:10am On Nov 29, 2014
NaijaOptimist:

Op, you forgot "OGA AT THE TOP"

I think the Oga at the top saga was last year.
Re: Summary So Far On Nairaland This Year by waywardpikin: 4:24pm On Nov 29, 2014
r231and freiburger, I humbly request that this thread be moved to either jokes section or romance section. Thanks.
Re: Summary So Far On Nairaland This Year by meobizy(f): 2:25pm On Jun 05, 2020
LEvuls:
DearisgodOh wouldnt be forgoten so easily.

and only me waka come grin
People forgot about it in under a year. Orubebe was what I assumed people wouldn't and yet memes depicting his idiocy disappeared about four or five years ago.
Re: Summary So Far On Nairaland This Year by meobizy(f): 2:26pm On Jun 05, 2020
I liked this. I wonder why OP didn't continue the trend. It would make for a good yearly wrap-up.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do We Put Ceiling Fan At The Centre Of A Room's Ceiling? / Muahhhhhhhhhhhh! :-*:-*:-* / What's The Best Feeling In The World?????

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.