Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,749 members, 7,824,156 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

I Want To Start Exporting Cocoa, Need Help With Some Technicalities. - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / I Want To Start Exporting Cocoa, Need Help With Some Technicalities. (619 Views)

Aregbesola Interacts With Farmers In Their Cocoa Plantation (pics) / Our Cocoa Will Soon Get Stock Market Pricing — Mimiko / Please I Need Help On How To Start Exporting Bitter Kola And Kolanut (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Start Exporting Cocoa, Need Help With Some Technicalities. by austinvsb1(m): 8:56am On Nov 27, 2014
Hello fellow nairalanders, My name is Austin and i am in a bit of a situation here. I have steady and continuous access to large quantities (very large quantity) of cocoa. It is a family business of over 30 years that i have recently been handed the responsibility to manage. The purchasing power at any given month has steadily averaged 750MT but the sale has always been to exporters here in Nigeria at prices unfovaroubaly determined by those exporters.

In a bid to internationalize this business and have our company export cocoa itself, i have made contacts to several buyers in Europe and most have shown huge interest in dealing with us, especially after the hear say of our supply ability. MY PROBLEM though is how to begin with the several details required by this companies to get started with the business.

Below is an example of a response from an interested buyer..

Hello,
...................................Please, could you make us a quotation for one container (by bulk container) and send us a technical sheet.

here is another

.............................Please provide your quotation and kindly include your phytosanitary cert. and fumigation cert. (Fumigation with phosphine at 5gm/m3 for 120hrs)

what is a technical sheet, how do i draw one up?? phytosanitary cert. and fumigation cert. (cert. as in certificate i guess) how and from where do i obtain those from.

sorry if i sound so naive but this are issues that have stopped me from progressing with several inquiries and interests that i have received.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks
Re: I Want To Start Exporting Cocoa, Need Help With Some Technicalities. by kk4real: 2:10pm On Nov 27, 2014
Hi, austinvsb1.. Pls send me a mail on tonero98@yahoo.com.

(1) (Reply)

How To Mill Feeds For Chickens / Making Millions From Agricultural Value Chain / CLOSED

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.