Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,979 members, 7,821,419 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:42 PM

Evolution Of The Eye - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Evolution Of The Eye (2623 Views)

Evolution Of The Eye By Sinequanon debunked / The Evolution Of The Sexes And Sexxual Reproduction / The Evolution Of Morality (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Evolution Of The Eye by AnalogTechno: 1:17pm On Nov 28, 2014
sinequanon:

There is NO research, let alone decades of research on whether 4 billion years IS LONG ENOUGH for a random process with selection to produce the variety of life we see. The hypothesis that it IS long enough is just gut feel by scientists. EVERYBODY is using gut feel....DUH! Get it now?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2605086/
Re: Evolution Of The Eye by Nobody: 1:47pm On Nov 28, 2014
sinequanon:

...kindly read the points again...and think before you post.

There is NO research, let alone decades of research on whether 4 billion years IS LONG ENOUGH for a random process with selection to produce the variety of life we see. The hypothesis that it IS long enough is just gut feel by scientists. EVERYBODY is using gut feel....DUH! Get it now?

Post after post you show lack of comprehension. You just see one word and you regurgitate the first thing that has been stuffed into your head.

The whole point is NOT whether certain events have happened, but whether or not they must have had some non-random agency.

Go and read. I have explained what needs to happen to make Darwin's Hypothesis a theory.

(Now you are going to regurgitate your brainwash label that ToE is "a theory and a fact", without addressing the point that NOBODY has produced any evidence that it is FEASIBLE in the time frame.)

Actually, forget it. I've just remembered who you are.

But d way u respond to people of opposing ideas to yours,seems to me like regurgitation. You always give the same response that they are just rrepeating what the scientists have stuffed into their brain. That's what you say all the time.

Definition of regurgitation
Re: Evolution Of The Eye by sinequanon: 2:07pm On Nov 28, 2014
AnalogTechno:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2605086/

This paper is not about about a statistical model for mutations (changes in DNA).

It examines the selective side of evolution and makes an ARBITRARY ASSUMPTION:-

The present paper investigates this possibility by considering studies of reproductive isolation evolving on contemporary time-scales, here arbitrarily considered to be on the order of a hundred generations or less.

It bypasses the question of frequency of mutation (molecular change).
Re: Evolution Of The Eye by sinequanon: 2:14pm On Nov 28, 2014
Dapo777:

But d way u respond to people of opposing ideas to yours,seems to me like regurgitation. You always give the same response that they are just rrepeating what the scientists have stuffed into their brain. That's what you say all the time.

Definition of regurgitation

We don't even get to discuss opposing ideas. All I am asking is for people to read and respond to the point.

I ask HOW something evolved, and people like you are immediately take it as a RHETORICAL QUESTION and post irrelevant answers. HOW did X evolve DOES NOT MEAN X couldn't have evolved.

I am fine with differing opinions. You know what? Davien once actually got to addressing the point. We had different opinions, which was fine with me. When I pointed this out, he called it "arrogance"! He was the one who couldn't stomach difference of opinion.
Re: Evolution Of The Eye by davien(m): 2:20pm On Nov 28, 2014
sinequanon:

We don't even get to discuss opposing ideas. All I am asking is for people to read and respond to the point.

I ask HOW something evolved, and people like you are immediately take it as a RHETORICAL QUESTION and post irrelevant answers. HOW did X evolve DOES NOT MEAN X couldn't have evolved.

I am fine with differing opinions. You know what? Davien once actually got to addressing the point. We had different opinions, which was fine with me. When I pointed this out, he called it "arrogance"! He was the one who couldn't stomach difference of opinion.
You refusing to give a definition on grounds of I not being "on the same wavelength" was your arrogance....you can twist it either way you like.
Re: Evolution Of The Eye by Nobody: 2:26pm On Nov 28, 2014
sinequanon:

I just read about the Seagull rain dance. Those who studied them are not quite sure whether it's a learned behaviour or an inherited behaviour because sometimes an adult Seagull is seen teaching the young ones how to do the dance. So in a way those Seagull have intelligence and this behaviour is partly attributed to their environment because animal behaviour can also be influenced by the environment.

Read more here---> http://animalbehaviouraberdeen..com/2011/03/seagull-rain-dance.html?m=1

Evilbrain is wrong to have assumed that the Seagull didn't know what they are doing and I am also wrong to have taught you both were saying intelligence evolved. Because clearly the trait is taught,how could it evolve? And why do we associate the trait with intelligence?
Re: Evolution Of The Eye by AnalogTechno: 2:44pm On Nov 28, 2014
sinequanon:

This paper is not about about a statistical model for mutations (changes in DNA).

http://www.genetics.org/content/148/4/1667.full
Re: Evolution Of The Eye by sinequanon: 3:50pm On Nov 28, 2014
AnalogTechno:

http://www.genetics.org/content/148/4/1667.full

I'm guessing you don't speak English very well.

You'll have to say something if you want to make a point.
Re: Evolution Of The Eye by Nobody: 1:00pm On Dec 08, 2014

(1) (2) (Reply)

Non-muslims Only: That Prophet And His Army Of Modern-day Illiterates / Why Do Most People Lie During Testimonies? / What Exactly Is God's Role in Natural Disasters?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.