Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,803 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:02 PM

Lupita Nyongo's FUFU Dinner Sparks Social Media Debate - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Lupita Nyongo's FUFU Dinner Sparks Social Media Debate (1732 Views)

PHOTOS: Meet Actress, Lupita Nyongo’s Nigerian Sister Who Is A Super-model / I Love The Way Lupita Nyongo Styled Her Natural Hair / Pretty Picture Of Kenya's Actress Lupita Nyongo And Her Mother. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lupita Nyongo's FUFU Dinner Sparks Social Media Debate by JFDIQSS: 2:43pm On Nov 27, 2014
Lupita Nyongo’s Dinner Sparks Social Media Debate

Lupita Nyong’o sparked up a debate on social media when she put up a picture of her dinner which was Ugali and Sukumawiki.

The Oscar winner captioned the picture #homesick showing that she is still in touch with her Kenyan roots.

The picture brought about a buzz and there was a debate among Nigerians, Kenyans and South Africans who instated the meal came from their country.

Below are some of the comments:

Eddie Ken Kenyan: This is Kenyan food not Nigerian. So guys drop this fufu word. It is Ugali.

Omphile Sharone Nakedi: It’s also Botswana food and South African food!!! Mosoko le morogo kana phaleche le morogo!

Kubania Lameque B: What’s wrong with these Nigerians. In my Kenyan tribe, fufu means human waste.

Shiku Wa Gicheru: Mexicans who like claiming that she’s Mexican, can they tell us what food this is??

Kubania Lameque B: Hey listen guys. That’s ugali and sukuma wiki…stop that collard crap. Its sukuma wiki.

Faith Constatine: It doesn’t look Mexican it’s because she is Kenyan and that’s Kenyan traditional food

Ekaete Udoffia: That’s looks like fufu & veggie soup

Njeri Wakame: Nigerians eat it too but they call it something else

Patricia Temba: Most AFRICANs eat this, even in SA pap/porrige & morogo/spinach. I’d say it’s an African dish

Shatho Joy Robinson: Pap and morogo in South Africa and Botswana, Sadza ne muriwo in Zimbabwe, Nshima in Malawi and Zambia, Ugali and sukuma wiki in Kenya and Tanzania and Fufu i guess in West Africa, Nigeria and Ghana.

http://www.heynaija.com/lupita-nyongos-dinner-sparks-social-media-debate/

Re: Lupita Nyongo's FUFU Dinner Sparks Social Media Debate by bigtt76(f): 2:52pm On Nov 27, 2014
Ona get wok yaaaa grin
Re: Lupita Nyongo's FUFU Dinner Sparks Social Media Debate by ideee03(f): 4:54pm On Nov 27, 2014
Google will give them the right answer.
Re: Lupita Nyongo's FUFU Dinner Sparks Social Media Debate by Afrok(m): 7:50pm On Nov 27, 2014
Since they were not referring to garri, it's none of my business angry.

(1) (Reply)

Photos: Singer May D Now Dating A Stunning White Woman / Phyno Rocking A New Hairstyle / Dr Sid. Shares New Beautiful Photos Of His Cute Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.