Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,550 members, 7,816,336 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:44 AM

5 Ways To Overcome Hard Times - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 5 Ways To Overcome Hard Times (1097 Views)

10 Forgotten Truths To Help You Get Through Hard Times / How Can We Overcome Feelings Of Rejection? / Stage Fright: How To Overcome (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Ways To Overcome Hard Times by MEILYN(m): 10:50pm On Nov 27, 2014
Hard times are unexpected negative life changes that occur in our daily living. It maybe financial or otherwise

Hard times, sad times are inevitable. They occur once in a while. Most times, we get rid of it while, it is very complicated to get rid of in other cases.

What we should be talking about is how hard times should be dealt with. How do you sustain during hard times, Who do you run to, how do you control the situation?

I am actually writing down some ways I think hard times can be dealt with.

1) Embrace the situation: When you recognise that you’re in a trying time and accept that you can’t change it, you’re no longer a prisoner to your situation. You free yourself to deal the best you can with the challenge ahead of you. Don't be in denial, accept your present condition.

2) Feel gratitude for the good and the bad: Whatever your problem, perhaps you can identify some good things it is currently bringing you. If not, maybe the good will come to you some time in the future, if you’re strong and patient enough to weather the storm.

In the moment, it’s empowering to realize that you can handle a challenge. How can you turn an ordeal into a positive, or at least how can you learn a lesson from a horrible experience?

This is a chance to morph, evolve, and adapt. It can be difficult and painful at first, but it means you’re on the path of growth.

3) Clarify and prioritise your life: You don’t need to face a life-threatening situation to remind you to live more mindfully. Once you figure out what really matters to you, you can start truly living.

This is the time you begin to question yourself, what happened, what brought me into this situation, what did I do wrong, what should I do right?

4) Fight for recovery: By now you must have known your wrongs. This is the time you begin to right them, start afresh once more, be determined, your goal is to be better than how you are and how you were.

5) Learn From Your Mistakes: You don't want to go through hard times once again, so you will have to walk in the right path and flee from what made you a loser.

www..com
Re: 5 Ways To Overcome Hard Times by braine(m): 10:54pm On Nov 27, 2014
Thank you for this, OP.
Re: 5 Ways To Overcome Hard Times by MEILYN(m): 10:59pm On Nov 27, 2014
braine:
Thank you for this, OP.
You are welcome sir. These worked for me, maybe it is gonna work for others.
Re: 5 Ways To Overcome Hard Times by Nobody: 11:12pm On Nov 27, 2014
cheesy nyc 1 op #thumbs up
Re: 5 Ways To Overcome Hard Times by MEILYN(m): 11:16pm On Nov 27, 2014
zleemshaddy:
cheesy nyc 1 op #thumbs up
My two hands are up for you meehn..

Thanks
Re: 5 Ways To Overcome Hard Times by rawpadgin(m): 11:35pm On Nov 27, 2014
the best to deal with hard times is to be imagining how great the future will be

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Overcome Hard Times by MEILYN(m): 11:39pm On Nov 27, 2014
rawpadgin:
the best to deal with hard times is to be imagining how great the future will be
Not just imagining, you also have to put some action into it to enable you achieve your desire.
Re: 5 Ways To Overcome Hard Times by amunkita(m): 12:50am On Nov 28, 2014
Wish mine wuld allow mii even read d epistle, I jst feel somtymz dat my sinz re so gr8 so am being punished..
Re: 5 Ways To Overcome Hard Times by MEILYN(m): 6:50am On Nov 28, 2014
amunkita:
Wish mine wuld allow mii even read d epistle, I jst feel somtymz dat my sinz re so gr8 so am being punished..
Yes, most times, hard times is as a result of karma. That doesn't mean you will be facing hard times forever, try to change your situation by changing your attitude, stop sinning.

That is it
Re: 5 Ways To Overcome Hard Times by MEILYN(m): 8:23am On Nov 28, 2014
Ishilove abeg bless me with frontpage
Re: 5 Ways To Overcome Hard Times by amunkita(m): 9:19am On Nov 28, 2014
MEILYN:
Yes, most times, hard times is as a result of karma. That doesn't mean you will be facing hard times forever, try to change your situation by changing your attitude, stop sinning.

That is it

Have stopped buh do I nid 2 do restitution..
Re: 5 Ways To Overcome Hard Times by MEILYN(m): 9:33am On Nov 28, 2014
amunkita:

Have stopped buh do I nid 2 do restitution..
I am trying my best to avoid religion on this thread. One of my points initially was "Trust In God In Hard Times" but I removed it.

As a good man, you should give back what you took from others either by fraud or other ways. Give back what you can, be remorseful, do your best and the best will follow you.
Re: 5 Ways To Overcome Hard Times by amunkita(m): 7:22pm On Nov 28, 2014
MEILYN:
I am trying my best to avoid religion on this thread. One of my points initially was "Trust In God In Hard Times" but I removed it.

As a good man, you should give back what you took from others either by fraud or other ways. Give back what you can, be remorseful, do your best and the best will follow you.

Fanx...
Re: 5 Ways To Overcome Hard Times by MEILYN(m): 9:26pm On Nov 28, 2014
amunkita:

Fanx...
You are welcome bro.....

(1) (Reply)

42 People Who Changed How We Use The Internet / 2 Romantic Branch Managers (pic) / Make Up To 9k Weekly With Just 500naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.