Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,648 members, 7,809,445 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:44 AM

Document To Request From Seller When Buying A Flat - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Document To Request From Seller When Buying A Flat (707 Views)

Pitfalls To Avoid When Buying Land / Urgent Request From Serious Buyer. Warehouse At Surulere, Yaba Or Iganmu / Documents To Ask For When Buying Land Any Where In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Document To Request From Seller When Buying A Flat by valerosoh: 6:27am On Nov 28, 2014
I will like to know what documents to request from a seller when buying a flat. I believe C of O is for the land(I don't know for sure though), so what document shows that the flat belongs to the seller.

The property is a privately built house with 4 flats and the flats are being sold separately.

Any useful information will be appreciated!
Re: Document To Request From Seller When Buying A Flat by carbon1224(m): 6:33am On Nov 28, 2014
Is it on the same land or separated from the other flats.

valerosoh:
I will like to know what documents to request from a seller when buying a flat. I believe C of O is for the land(I don't know for sure though), so what document shows that the flat belongs to the seller.

The property is a privately built house with 4 flats and the flats are being sold separately.

Any useful information will be appreciated!
Re: Document To Request From Seller When Buying A Flat by valerosoh: 7:00am On Nov 28, 2014
It is on the same land, four flats on one plot.

carbon1224:

Is it on the same land or separated from the other flats.
Re: Document To Request From Seller When Buying A Flat by carbon1224(m): 8:28am On Nov 28, 2014
It's not advisable to get a flat attached to a building unless if it's an estate but if you insist on getting it then you will need all the document attached to the land and approve plan including allocation of the flat and a clear agreement and reciept of purchase.

Mind you the only safer place to purchase a flat is an estate which I think it's better but if you want to go ahead it's your choice but you can get flats that's not too cost that's all the document will be attached to you thank you.
valerosoh:
It is on the same land, four flats on one plot.

1 Like

Re: Document To Request From Seller When Buying A Flat by valerosoh: 8:47am On Nov 28, 2014
Okay. Thanks.

carbon1224:
It's not advisable to get a flat attached to a building unless if it's an estate but if you insist on getting it then you will need all the document attached to the land and approve plan including allocation of the flat and a clear agreement and reciept of purchase.

Mind you the only safer place to purchase a flat is an estate which I think it's better but if you want to go ahead it's your choice but you can get flats that's not too cost that's all the document will be attached to you thank you.

(1) (Reply)

A Decent Mini-flat Needed Around Agege, Iyana-ipaja, Fagba Axis / New tastefully Finished 3 Bedroom Flat Upstairs At Magodo Phase 1....1m(pix) / Spacious 3bedroom Flat Newly Renovated Up Stairs For 400k X1yr @ Alapere

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.