Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,961 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:01 AM

Was Jumia Black Friday Sales A Scam ? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Was Jumia Black Friday Sales A Scam ? (8393 Views)

Buhari: BDC Is A Scam And Drain To Nigeria / Share Your Black Friday Shopping Experience / Konga And Jumia Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sales: Scam, Sham Or What? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was Jumia Black Friday Sales A Scam ? by therealak49(m): 9:44am On Nov 28, 2014
Jumia claiming their top deals 'SOLD OUT' in minutes and nobody claimed to buy on facebook, Abeg did anyone actually get the s5 or other top deals

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Was Jumia Black Friday Sales A Scam ? by blessedjohn: 9:47am On Nov 28, 2014
why do you guys like pulling people down. You have not confirm the info and you are already calling them scam. There is god.

1 Like

Re: Was Jumia Black Friday Sales A Scam ? by therealak49(m): 9:52am On Nov 28, 2014
blessedjohn:
why do you guys like pulling people down. You have not confirm the info and you are already calling them scam. There is god.
my broda dey re just using it attract customers

4 Likes

Re: Was Jumia Black Friday Sales A Scam ? by stagger: 10:10am On Nov 28, 2014
Real scam. I hardly saw any price reductions.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Was Jumia Black Friday Sales A Scam ? by EMEzzy(m): 10:54am On Nov 28, 2014
blessedjohn:
bruhh, it's not pulling down, I've been awake since midnight refreshing their fuckinG website every minute it's always "sold out" when I'm dead sure no one's bought them.... And guess what? Thier Bleep.ing website just crashed and they are claiming it's cause they are overwhelmed with sales shocked

11 Likes

Re: Was Jumia Black Friday Sales A Scam ? by falseman(m): 12:37pm On Nov 28, 2014
Jumia is scam I have been on the site since 12am there was no discount as promised. I will stick to Konga at least I was lucky to shop at a discounted price yesterday.

5 Likes

Re: Was Jumia Black Friday Sales A Scam ? by blessedjohn: 12:43pm On Nov 28, 2014
EMEzzy:
bruhh, it's not pulling down, I've been awake since midnight refreshing their fuckinG website every minute it's always "sold out" when I'm dead sure no one's bought them.... And guess what? Thier Bleep.ing website just crashed and they are claiming it's cause they are overwhelmed with sales shocked
i ordered a nikkon camera from them this morning.
Re: Was Jumia Black Friday Sales A Scam ? by EMEzzy(m): 2:02pm On Nov 28, 2014
blessedjohn:

The thing is they putting only shi...t up like wtf will I do with a blender.... Have you received ur order

3 Likes

Re: Was Jumia Black Friday Sales A Scam ? by stevecantrell: 2:22pm On Nov 28, 2014
I've been watching their black sales for a few days now, although I've no intention of buying anything. I laughed when I saw this thread...so you believed them ?

Bulk buyers with special arrangements have cleared the sales items even before the black fantasy started..

6 Likes

Re: Was Jumia Black Friday Sales A Scam ? by Dthespian: 3:14pm On Nov 28, 2014
is something wrong with the site?
my choice is not adding to cart
wet in dey na

1 Like

Re: Was Jumia Black Friday Sales A Scam ? by therealak49(m): 3:24pm On Nov 28, 2014
Dthespian:
is something wrong with the site?
my choice is not adding to cart
wet in dey na
dey are scammers
Re: Was Jumia Black Friday Sales A Scam ? by blessedjohn: 3:38pm On Nov 28, 2014
EMEzzy:
The thing is they putting only shi...t up like wtf will I do with a blender.... Have you received ur order
its pay on delivery.
Re: Was Jumia Black Friday Sales A Scam ? by onegig(m): 4:50pm On Nov 28, 2014
Website undergoingv scheduled maintenance on a black friday.?

Wetin I no go see for naija.

Re: Was Jumia Black Friday Sales A Scam ? by therealak49(m): 4:55pm On Nov 28, 2014
onegig:
Website undergoingv scheduled maintenance on a black friday.?

Wetin I no go see for naija.
Na so we see am o
Re: Was Jumia Black Friday Sales A Scam ? by EMEzzy(m): 5:02pm On Nov 28, 2014
blessedjohn:

its pay on delivery.
OK
Re: Was Jumia Black Friday Sales A Scam ? by Nutase: 5:45pm On Nov 28, 2014
grin
Re: Was Jumia Black Friday Sales A Scam ? by blessedjohn: 6:05pm On Nov 28, 2014
EMEzzy:
OK
you can check the site now...
Re: Was Jumia Black Friday Sales A Scam ? by abhosts(m): 6:09pm On Nov 28, 2014
Don't know of jumia but i got some items on konga with nice discounts.
Re: Was Jumia Black Friday Sales A Scam ? by Philipmems(m): 6:16pm On Nov 28, 2014
Its a big scam and I stand to be corrected, I am an online shopping addict and when I see one i know one.... Apart from the fact that jumia couldn't handle the traffic coming to it from millions of potential buyers and subscribers no one that I know of and from checking their Facebook page the Samsung s5 is a scam on its own, because after managing to open the page, immediately you click buy now you will get no response, I Managed to get the 43 inch Samsung TV so when the rep called me to be sure I wanted the TV I made an enquiry about the S5 the rep laughed and said they are out of stock, I said but I have been monitor the site for updates and the phone appeared as sold out when posted, my internet is super fast as i use a 12mb download speed internet the rep said she is sorry the phones where limited, if you are not ready,don't make offers for black Friday when you have only 5 s5 Samsung phone and kept Nigerians glued to their devices please jumia stop decieving people with such 419 tactics most of the products where complete scams to attract people including the PS4 after a while because looking at other websites abroad having offers for black Friday jumia especially for the S5 samsung looked like the cheapest worldwide that raised my initial suspicion.

12 Likes

Re: Was Jumia Black Friday Sales A Scam ? by therealak49(m): 7:11pm On Nov 28, 2014
Philipmems:
Its a big scam and I stand to be corrected, I am an online shopping addict and when I see one i know one.... Apart from the fact that jumia couldn't handle the traffic coming to it from millions of potential buyers and subscribers no one that I know of and from checking their Facebook page the Samsung s5 is a scam on its own, because after managing to open the page, immediately you click buy now you will get no response, I Managed to get the 43 inch Samsung TV so when the rep called me to be sure I wanted the TV I made an enquiry about the S5 the rep laughed and said they are out of stock, I said but I have been monitor the site for updates and the phone appeared as sold out when posted, my internet is super fast as i use a 12mb download speed internet the rep said she is sorry the phones where limited, if you are not ready,don't make offers for black Friday when you have only 5 s5 Samsung phone and kept Nigerians glued to their devices please jumia stop decieving people with such 419 tactics most of the products where complete scams to attract people including the PS4 after a while because looking at other websites abroad having offers for black Friday jumia especially for the S5 samsung looked like the cheapest worldwide that raised my initial suspicion.
welcome to naija. datz naija 4 u
Re: Was Jumia Black Friday Sales A Scam ? by EMEzzy(m): 8:36pm On Nov 28, 2014
blessedjohn:

Yea I ordered the ps4 but its now 69k and no free fifa 15 like they advertised.... Thanks anyway man
Re: Was Jumia Black Friday Sales A Scam ? by EMEzzy(m): 8:36pm On Nov 28, 2014
blessedjohn:

Yea I ordered the ps4 but its now 69k and not 60 and no free fifa 15 like they advertised.... Thanks anyway man
Re: Was Jumia Black Friday Sales A Scam ? by moneymaker24(m): 12:53pm On Nov 29, 2014
Words alone cannot describe how bitter I am with Jumia. I had to stay awake all through the night and even through the hours of the day and couldn't order anything that's worth it.

I can't start rewriting the whole experience here but I shared it @ http://www.techsng.com/2014/11/black-friday-deals-nigeria-jumia-sales.html

Bottom-line is, their so called 'Black Friday deals' was crap and scam at same time.

1 Like

Re: Was Jumia Black Friday Sales A Scam ? by therealak49(m): 1:25pm On Nov 29, 2014
moneymaker24:
Words alone cannot describe how bitter I am with Jumia. I had to stay awake all through the night and even through the hours of the day and couldn't order anything that's worth it.

I can't start rewriting the whole experience here but I shared it @ http://www.techsng.com/2014/11/black-friday-deals-nigeria-jumia-sales.html

Bottom-line is, their so called 'Black Friday deals' was crap and scam at same time.
same experience o
Re: Was Jumia Black Friday Sales A Scam ? by queenshade: 3:14am On Nov 30, 2014
It was all a scam and I knew it from the beginning. They were trying to copy MicoStar Mall.

1 Like

Re: Was Jumia Black Friday Sales A Scam ? by SLEEKCHIC2(f): 2:48pm On Nov 30, 2014
Jumia black friday was a complete scam. I spent the whole day trying to add items to my cart. No matter how many times I added to cart, it would always show that there was no item in the cart.

The worst part is that I was foolish enough to buy the black friday voucher(N2500) which was supposed to double the value on black friday. I called the two numbers on their website several times and they were not reachable. The response was that one of the numbers does not exist. When I was finally able to add to cart by 9:00pm, I tried applying the voucher but the system rejected the voucher code saying it was invalid. I finally placed my order without using my voucher. I then sent several emails to them #service@, support+id1510249@jumia.zendesk.com stating the issue and requesting for a refund but I'm yet to receive any feedback. Then I received a call from Jumia today, but it has nothing to do with all my complaints. Instead it's about the order I placed. I've asked them to cancel. I just want to put an end to this jumia blackfriday nightmare. Please what is the number for consumer protection in Naija? I just want a refund of my money.

3 Likes

Re: Was Jumia Black Friday Sales A Scam ? by EMEzzy(m): 12:48pm On Dec 04, 2014
SLEEKCHIC2:
Jumia black friday was a complete scam. I spent the whole day trying to add items to my cart. No matter how many times I added to cart, it would always show that there was no item in the cart.

The worst part is that I was foolish enough to buy the black friday voucher(N2500) which was supposed to double the value on black friday. I called the two numbers on their website several times and they were not reachable. The response was that one of the numbers does not exist. When I was finally able to add to cart by 9:00pm, I tried applying the voucher but the system rejected the voucher code saying it was invalid. I finally placed my order without using my voucher. I then sent several emails to them #service@, support+id1510249@jumia.zendesk.com stating the issue and requesting for a refund but I'm yet to receive any feedback. Then I received a call from Jumia today, but it has nothing to do with all my complaints. Instead it's about the order I placed. I've asked them to cancel. I just want to put an end to this jumia blackfriday nightmare. Please what is the number for consumer protection in Naija? I just want a refund of my money.
Sorry about that, same happened to me
Re: Was Jumia Black Friday Sales A Scam ? by adesipe(m): 12:28am On Dec 05, 2014
I was one of the lucky shoppers who was able to order some items from jumia on black Friday. After burning enough fuel and skipping classes.One of my order finally arrived yesterday . A Samsung GT-s7392 . I paid on delivery and on opening the package 2day. I found an already opened box package tightly with the seal intact . This i overlooked ; but i later found out that the earpiece has been stolen.all frustrated calls to their numbers was in vain........
Re: Was Jumia Black Friday Sales A Scam ? by Marv650(m): 1:16am On Nov 27, 2015
Jumia na thief other countries are going why is Nigeria shutdown
Re: Was Jumia Black Friday Sales A Scam ? by akp202(m): 4:18am On Nov 27, 2015
pls u guys should look for the right adjective to qualify jumia....i have been searching for the right word on my dictionary but could not find any...jumia black friday was more than a scam,wasted my time, my precious fuel and sleep.
Re: Was Jumia Black Friday Sales A Scam ? by Nobody: 7:57am On Nov 28, 2015
blessedjohn:
# u r their agent... I got u there

1 Like

Re: Was Jumia Black Friday Sales A Scam ? by Nobody: 7:59am On Nov 28, 2015
adesipe:
I was one of the lucky shoppers who was able to order some items from jumia on black Friday. After burning enough fuel and skipping classes.One of my order finally arrived yesterday . A Samsung GT-s7392 . I paid on delivery and on opening the package 2day. I found an already opened box package tightly with the seal intact . This i overlooked ; but i later found out that the earpiece has been stolen.all frustrated calls to their numbers was in vain........

Pele...I'm heading to slot to buy my phone. black Friday is a scam. already had this intuition dt they wud lie about it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sell Tomatoes And Make Millions / Starting 'Acta Non Verba' an Investment Club / Can I Get A Loan With Survey Plan As Collateral?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.