Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,953 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:29 AM

Help! Make Up Crises - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Help! Make Up Crises (2365 Views)

Fade Ogunro- Before & After Make-up Look / Photo Of Beyonce Without Make-up At The Airport / Tiwa Savage & Waje Without Make-up (PHOTO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! Make Up Crises by blackbeau1(f): 3:58pm On Nov 28, 2014
Good evening,beautiful ladies of nairaland. This question goes out to all make up artistes and all ladies in general. I seem to have a problem with make up -foundation and powder. I have bought and used a lot of foundation but none of them gives me that beautiful,dewy look I see on most ladies. I would like to know what brand of make -up to use. Recently,I heard marykay time wise and iman gives that wow look but I've tried it and it didn't work for me. 2) I would like to know which is best to set foundation - loose powder or pressed powder? 3) can I use any iman powder with the mary kay or is there a specific type of iman powder to use. Pls,I really need your help on this. I have oily skin and I'm dark skinned. Thanks
Re: Help! Make Up Crises by Nobody: 1:31pm On Nov 29, 2014
MUA's pls come in and advice..am having the same problem..maybe ots because av used a lot of brands..
Re: Help! Make Up Crises by kmaz: 3:54pm On Nov 29, 2014
Hello Beautiful, All foundations and powder contain oil, even the most expensive brands. Since you have an oily skin, you have to avoid oil-based products (they contain more oil than water). This is because the makeup would smear faster because your sebaceous glands are releasing a lot of oil.

1. Go for the water based products (they contain more water than oil), they have oil control formular: such as Iman Perfect Response, Marykay timewise foundation, Zaron Oil free Cream to Powder, Fashion Fair Oil Free creme to powder, black opal invisible oil blocking powder or Kuddy's Powder. Your best bet is to use the compact creme to powder rather than the tube ones. The tube type smears faster on oily skin as well.

2. Since you have an oily skin go for pressed powder rather than loose. so you have control over it and it sits well on you skin on application

3. Yes you can combine any product....just find the one that works best for you.

Hope this helps.
Re: Help! Make Up Crises by EFOSAVAL(f): 4:09pm On Nov 29, 2014
cheesy oh dear....so sorry for all the makeup issues...wish I could have u in my makeup chair for just 30 minutes so we could figure out the best makeup series to use on you.when u go to makeup studios they try out products on you based on your skin tone.some times two or more product have to be mixed to get ur perfect colour. If u in Lagos around Ikeja then call or whatsapp me on 08096577157 and let's fix it wink

Re: Help! Make Up Crises by blackbeau1(f): 5:22pm On Nov 29, 2014
Thank you so much dearie. I'm not in lagos but will be before the week runs out. Will definitely take advantage of your expertise
Re: Help! Make Up Crises by EFOSAVAL(f): 9:29pm On Dec 10, 2014
Was a pleasure having you blackbeau1 cheesy wink so happy we found you your right colour and you really a beautiful lady. wink

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (Reply)

Is This Fashion Or Nudity??????[pic] / Ijaw Girls Are Beautiful / Ezinne (akudo) Anyaoha Is Miss Nigeria 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.