Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,341 members, 7,815,683 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:30 PM

Keshi Lacks Coaching Capacity —oliseh - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Keshi Lacks Coaching Capacity —oliseh (842 Views)

Nigerians React To Sunday Oliseh Resigning As Super Eagles Coach. See Photos / Sunday Oliseh Meets With Victor Moses In London.....photo / NFF: Keshi Lacks Discipline & Maturity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Keshi Lacks Coaching Capacity —oliseh by Kennyslimsteve(m): 7:21am On Nov 29, 2014
Keshi and Oliseh
Oliseh, writing in his blog, faulted Keshi’s constant line-up changes and failure to settle on his best 11 players, a situation he claimed made them not to play as a team.
“The uncoordinated way in which Super Eagles play, which triggered our recent elimination, is borne out of the fact that there were too much line-up changes.
“When you lack ‘raw’ quality in your team, you advocate and build success via team work, team play and a regular team to compensate for what you lack in individual quality,” Sl10.ng quoted Oliseh as saying in the blog.
He also lashed out at Keshi’s poor handling of his critics, saying not all those who criticise the out of contract Super Eagles coach are interested in his job.
“It is a crime to air your opinion, give advice or suggestions on how to better the Super Eagles without the handlers throwing insults at you or crying out that you seek their job,” he added.
“They probably do this because they got the job by back stabbing; hence they fail to understand that not everyone needs or wants to coach the Super Eagles.”
The outspoken Ex Juventus man, who is a licensed UEFA grade A coach, continued by saying Keshi and his technical crew lack the proper qualification requirements to lead a team like the Super Eagles, and that also means they were unable to achieve success in the long haul even though they won the AFCON in 2013.
“Most of us played football as kids, we all have an opinion or idea about football. This, however, leads some to think they are experts. This is not only wrong, but dangerous,” he continued.
“Should you want to be a top coach, you have to study and get yourself certified and even then you are not guaranteed success.
“Spain’s Football Federation recently banned Real Madrid’s second-team coach, Zinedine Zidane, from coaching because he doesn’t have the right qualifications.
“If they can ban such a legend from coaching the second division, why should we hand over our national teams and first division clubs to people who just attended two-week seminars and pretend to be qualified?”

1 Like

Re: Keshi Lacks Coaching Capacity —oliseh by Elcemento(m): 7:38am On Nov 29, 2014
Word!!! Oliseh or Siasia would have been a perfect replacement.

MY SIGNATURE, MY PROFILE, MY BUSINESS !!! cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Keshi Lacks Coaching Capacity —oliseh by ogawisdom(m): 10:20am On Nov 29, 2014
Keshi is a clown n nff is a joke angry

Oliseh sorry u r nt getting d job yet we need a sound foreign coach to handle d se nw tongue
Re: Keshi Lacks Coaching Capacity —oliseh by StrongPenis: 10:30am On Nov 29, 2014
Elcemento:

Re: Keshi Lacks Coaching Capacity —oliseh by StrongPenis: 10:37am On Nov 29, 2014
Elcemento:

Siasia ko Biabia ni....or is it not the same Siasia that could barely qualify us for Afcon? Oliseh sef should go and sit down! Being a good football analyst does not necessarily make one a good coach. We all witnessed how guys like Roy Keane, Alex Mcleish, Daniel Amokachi, Alan shearer failed woefully as a coach but made a name for themselves based on their good analytical prowess. What we need now is a good coach with an impressive track record to steer our team back to greatness, not another trial and error.
Re: Keshi Lacks Coaching Capacity —oliseh by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 10:46am On Nov 29, 2014
[b]Onazi's role in the team caused the team to lose form. Onazi left his role on numerous occasions and caused a drop in the team's form. Coach Keshi replaced Onazi with Hope Akpan and the team flourished. Unfortunately, Hope Akpan injured and Onazi returned. Onazi started his wayward shots and passes again. Left the back open and we did not qualify.

So is Sunday Oliseh telling us that Coach Keshi should have maintained Onazi? The team needs continuous changes to keep the players on their toes. Emenike had a drop in form. Is Oliseh telling us that dropping Emenike would have been a wrong idea?

This point is wrong. Constant changes and competition in places keeps players performing. Under Coach Westerhof, no player was guaranteed a place without top performances in the last game. That was why we flourished.

It was people like Oliseh who called for the return of top players that caused the NFF to impose players on his plans.

Oliseh should be calling on the NFF to reinstate Cacoh Sylvanus Okpala who was the tactician of the AFCON winning team and not criticizing them when the NFF frustrated their work.[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Keshi Lacks Coaching Capacity —oliseh by Elcemento(m): 11:54am On Nov 29, 2014
I agree with you completely
StrongPenis:
Siasia ko Biabia ni....or is it not the same Siasia that could barely qualify us for Afcon? Oliseh sef should go and sit down! Being a good football does not necessarily make one a good coach. We all witnessed how guys like Roy Keane, Alex Mcleish, Daniel Amokachi, Alan shearer failed woefully as a coach but made a name for themselves based on their good analytical prowess. What we need now is a good coach with an impressive track record to steer our team back to greatness, not another trial and error.

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News!!! Alex Song Retires From International Football. / Nigeria Vs Uganda Today / Sports Human Resource Training Programme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.