Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,120 members, 7,821,841 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:57 PM

Collabos That Helped Some Nigerian Artistes To Blow - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Collabos That Helped Some Nigerian Artistes To Blow (5502 Views)

Top 10 Naija Artistes To Watch Out For In 2016 / 8 Nigerian Collabos That Will Totally Rock The Music Scene / 10 Nigerian Artistes To Watch Out For In 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Collabos That Helped Some Nigerian Artistes To Blow by ukukaegbu(m): 2:27pm On Nov 29, 2014
There are some effective collabos without which some top Nigerian artistes would not have been as popular as they are now. They include:

RUNTOWN ft DAVIDO (Gallardo): I actually heard the song long before I saw the video. The first time I heard the song, I thought it was done solely by Davido because all the voices sounded like Davido’s. It was later that I got to know that Runtown only featured Davido in the song.

PHYNO FT OLAMIDE (Ghost Mode): The first time I listened to the song, I just felt that Phyno was very tight and was going to blow. I was not wrong. His choice of Olamide for the collabo was most effective as I doubt if any other artiste would have done better. Anytime the pair does a song together, it’s always a hit. Another case in point is “D.ope Money”.

OLAMIDE FT WIZKID (Omotoshan): The first time I heard Omotoshan, I also felt Olamide was very good and would go very far in the industry. Their collaboration was also tight.

PATORANKING FT TIMAYA (Alubarika): When I saw the Alubarika video, I thought Patoranking was a Jamaican superstar. I later got to know he is even a Nigerian guy of Igbo extraction. That track brought him to limelight even before he did “Girly o”.

RUGGEDMAN FT 9ICE (Ruggedy Baba): 9ice’s deep rich voice in that track drew everybody’s attention and prepared our minds to what lay ahead. We were not disappointed.

THOSE THAT BLEW THROUGH THEIR FIRST HIT SONGS:

Davido - Dami duro
Wizkid - Holla at Your Boy

You can add yours and correct me where I’m wrong.

1 Like

Re: Collabos That Helped Some Nigerian Artistes To Blow by holatin(m): 3:22pm On Nov 29, 2014
anybody feat mohit all star
Re: Collabos That Helped Some Nigerian Artistes To Blow by sheikh89: 3:26pm On Nov 29, 2014
noted...ws actually expecting older colabos bt anyway.....
Re: Collabos That Helped Some Nigerian Artistes To Blow by ukukaegbu(m): 12:09pm On Nov 30, 2014
holatin:
anybody feat mohit all star
sheikh89:
noted...ws actually expecting older colabos bt anyway.....

Example....
Re: Collabos That Helped Some Nigerian Artistes To Blow by holatin(m): 12:54pm On Nov 30, 2014
ukukaegbu:

Example....

example eg and etcetera
Re: Collabos That Helped Some Nigerian Artistes To Blow by Nobody: 5:23pm On Nov 30, 2014
Dagrin brought pple to lime light also like reminisce,olamide,lil p,laylow,yq,buckwhylla etc

I believe a collabo with davido or wizkid expecially wiZZy is a hit*danagog featurin davido was not a hit*even with timaya u might not b lucky*with olamide he fit blow u small if ur song tight

But feat pple like orisha femi,capital femi,reminsce,d banj,patoranking na ur money dem wan chop*

Look at my signature
Re: Collabos That Helped Some Nigerian Artistes To Blow by ukukaegbu(m): 2:19pm On Dec 01, 2014
hbpeze:
Dagrin brought pple to lime light also like reminisce,olamide,lil p,laylow,yq,buckwhylla etc

I believe a collabo with davido or wizkid expecially wiZZy is a hit*danagog featurin davido was not a hit*even with timaya u might not b lucky*with olamide he fit blow u small if ur song tight

But feat pple like orisha femi,capital femi,reminsce,d banj,patoranking na ur money dem wan chop*

Look at my signature

Wizkid's collabos that turned hits are with established artistes e.g Pullover(Kcee), Jaiye Jaiye(Femi Kuti), Kokose(Sound Sultan), Bombay(Phyno), Shoki(Lil Kesh, Davido and Olamide).

I don't remember any hit song with an unknown artiste.
Re: Collabos That Helped Some Nigerian Artistes To Blow by ajasa4link: 5:42pm On Dec 01, 2014
Omotoshan didn't bring olamide to limelight, as a matter of fact olamide was already well known before the collabo with wizkid.
Even a 10year old kid knows eni duro was the song that shot olamide to limelight. Even songs like young erikina were already receiving massive airplay before he did omotoshan.
So I think omotoshan has no reason to be on the list
Re: Collabos That Helped Some Nigerian Artistes To Blow by ajasa4link: 5:58pm On Dec 01, 2014
hbpeze:

Look at my signature
And how on earth did Dagrin bring reminisce to limelight? For all I know,it was jahbless' jor remix ft iceprince, ruggedman, reminisce.that really showed us what we should expect from Remi. Except of course u are telling me the tribute to Dagrin song brought him to limelight sha.

I also do not understand how dagrin brought olamide to limelight, they were never in the same clique for once,olamide was never his protege, they were never on the same song, etc.
Or perhaps u mean Dagrin died for olamide to blow, which I don't think is even the case.

As for listing patoranking among artistes who are only interested in the money without doing much when featured on a track,I think u are wrong there too. patoranking was featured by sheyi shay in murder, and even shekau know it's a hit banger.
Re: Collabos That Helped Some Nigerian Artistes To Blow by ukukaegbu(m): 10:27pm On Dec 01, 2014
ajasa4link:
Omotoshan didn't bring olamide to limelight, as a matter of fact olamide was already well known before the collabo with wizkid.
Even a 10year old kid knows eni duro was the song that shot olamide to limelight. Even songs like young erikina were already receiving massive airplay before he did omotoshan.
So I think omotoshan has no reason to be on the list

Thanks for the clarification. That's why I asked for correction where I may be wrong.
Re: Collabos That Helped Some Nigerian Artistes To Blow by Nobody: 11:09pm On Dec 01, 2014
ajasa4link:

And how on earth did Dagrin bring reminisce to limelight? For all I know,it was jahbless' jor remix ft iceprince, ruggedman, reminisce.that really showed us what we should expect from Remi. Except of course u are telling me the tribute to Dagrin song brought him to limelight sha.

I also do not understand how dagrin brought olamide to limelight, they were never in the same clique for once,olamide was never his protege, they were never on the same song, etc.
Or perhaps u mean Dagrin died for olamide to blow, which I don't think is even the case.

As for listing patoranking among artistes who are only interested in the money without doing much when featured on a track,I think u are wrong there too. patoranking was featured by sheyi shay in murder, and even shekau know it's a hit banger.

My broda pls in d name of God don't quote me wen u don't know d industry.xp is my guy okay.goggle out xp ft patoranking.goggle out ds track Xp feat dagrin n reminsce.reminsce as been singin even wen dagrin was alive.him don sing wt dagrin twice.my dear if u c reminsce dat tym,u go tink him no go blow.men long story bro.take care
Re: Collabos That Helped Some Nigerian Artistes To Blow by ajasa4link: 11:32pm On Dec 01, 2014
hbpeze:

My broda pls in d name of God don't quote me wen u don't know d industry.xp is my guy okay.goggle out xp ft patoranking.goggle out ds track Xp feat dagrin n reminsce.reminsce as been singin even wen dagrin was alive.him don sing wt dagrin twice.my dear if u c reminsce dat tym,u go tink him no go blow.men long story bro.take care
U seem not to understand my post up there,I guess I should further break down my points to u. Am not debating whether reminisce has been around for a long time or not. Am seriously contesting ur claim that Dagrin brought reminisce to limelight.
Of course we all know reminisce, jahbless, ajasa, 9ice etc have been around for a while now,but the post I replied to up there says Dagrin brought reminisce to limelight which is a blatant lie.Nobody is doubting whether Dagrin recorded a song with reminisce or not,but saying that song made him well known is definitely far from the truth. If u still insist, then give us the name of the tracks and the duration of time it received massive airplay like jor remix.
In fact Remi in a track ft sossick(i've forgotten the name) on his alaga ibile album talked about himself first getting a shot at limelight on the reminisce track with jahbless.
By the way am also waiting for ur theory as to how Dagrin brought olamide to limelight too.
Re: Collabos That Helped Some Nigerian Artistes To Blow by Nobody: 11:39pm On Dec 01, 2014
ajasa4link:

U seem not to understand my post up there,I guess I should further break down my points to u. Am not debating whether reminisce has been around for a long time or not. Am seriously contesting ur claim that Dagrin brought reminisce to limelight.
Of course we all know reminisce, jahbless, ajasa, 9ice etc have been around for a while now,but the post I replied to up there says Dagrin brought reminisce to limelight which is a blatant lie.Nobody is doubting whether Dagrin recorded a song with reminisce or not,but saying that song made him well known is definitely far from the truth. If u still insist, then give us the name of the tracks and the duration of time it received massive airplay like jor remix.
In fact Remi in a track ft sossick(i've forgotten the name) on his alaga ibile album talked about himself first getting a shot at limelight on the reminisce track with jahbless.
By the way am also waiting for ur theory as to how Dagrin brought olamide to limelight too.

Guy quote me tomorrow I dey discuss business wt clients
Re: Collabos That Helped Some Nigerian Artistes To Blow by ajasa4link: 11:43pm On Dec 01, 2014
hbpeze:

Guy quote me tomorrow I dey discuss business wt clients
lol.....
Re: Collabos That Helped Some Nigerian Artistes To Blow by tobechi20(m): 11:51pm On Dec 01, 2014
do me ft waje
Re: Collabos That Helped Some Nigerian Artistes To Blow by Djicemob: 8:36am On Dec 02, 2014
ajasa4link:

lol.....
grin just when i was waiting for his reply,the dude took to his heels.Nice one from you.
Re: Collabos That Helped Some Nigerian Artistes To Blow by ukukaegbu(m): 8:59am On Dec 02, 2014
Djicemob:
grin just when i was waiting for his reply,the dude took to his heels.Nice one from you.

He's discussing business with clients. Just wait.
Re: Collabos That Helped Some Nigerian Artistes To Blow by ajasa4link: 9:22am On Dec 02, 2014
Djicemob:
Don't mind d guy jare......Most of them just manufacture facts in their parlor and just bring to nairaland as if we were not alive during the period being discussed
Re: Collabos That Helped Some Nigerian Artistes To Blow by nickz(m): 4:50pm On Dec 02, 2014
iyanya-kukere...........if you're a nigerian artiste and a song like this doesn't 'blow' youyou should consider farming
chidimma-kedike......my mum likes this song
praiz-rich and famous
terry G ft ay.com-pass me your love
dammy krane-my dear (this guy was very stubborn in sec. school)
may D-soundtrack
orezi-i no fit lie
flavour-ashawo.....especially the remix
banky W-umbrella(cover)
skales-be mine
omawumi-in the music
tiwa savage-without my heart
wande coal-ololufe
lil kesh -shoki
Burna boy-like to party
Re: Collabos That Helped Some Nigerian Artistes To Blow by seankay(m): 5:16pm On Dec 02, 2014
No b wizkid blow Olamide, it was his Eni duro song
Re: Collabos That Helped Some Nigerian Artistes To Blow by tobiboss(m): 5:23pm On Dec 02, 2014
Nickz, lil kesh for me was lyrically
Re: Collabos That Helped Some Nigerian Artistes To Blow by nickz(m): 5:34pm On Dec 02, 2014
tobiboss:
Nickz, lil kesh for me was lyrically
but shoki was released before lyrically na
i like the jam shagrin

my fav lines:

*Te ba ti shina find your way
Te ba fe r’ija rambo*

*Lyrically I make them moan be olosho tan finger
Lyrically I big die, big lie aunty cossy’s boobs
Igboro lemi ki lo kan mi pelu read your books*

*Lyrically I fear not, lyrical isakaba
Te ba try me lyrically e ma subu yakata*

*Lyrically I dope die, eyan whitney houston
Lyrically lucozade, energy mi n boosting*
Re: Collabos That Helped Some Nigerian Artistes To Blow by tobiboss(m): 5:39pm On Dec 02, 2014
nickz:
but shoki was released before lyrically na
i like the jam shagrin

my fav lines:

*Te ba ti shina find your way
Te ba fe r’ija rambo*

*Lyrically I make them moan be olosho tan finger
Lyrically I big die, big lie aunty cossy’s boobs

Igboro lemi ki lo kan mi pelu read your books*

*Lyrically I fear not, lyrical isakaba
Te ba try me lyrically e ma subu yakata*

*Lyrically I dope die, eyan whitney houston
Lyrically lucozade, energy mi n boosting*
grin grin grin. I heard lyrically b4 shoki that's why, i had lyrically on repeat 4 a week
Re: Collabos That Helped Some Nigerian Artistes To Blow by nickz(m): 5:44pm On Dec 02, 2014
tobiboss:
grin grin grin. I heard lyrically b4 shoki that's why, i had lyrically on repeat 4 a week
wow!!
were you on vacation outside the continent??
cos i find it odd.
lil kesh is good ......you should listen to tracks he featured in on olamide's street ot
Re: Collabos That Helped Some Nigerian Artistes To Blow by tobiboss(m): 10:22pm On Dec 02, 2014
nickz:
wow!!
were you on vacation outside the continent??
cos i find it odd.
lil kesh is good ......you should listen to tracks he featured in on olamide's street ot
hehehe@ bolded, i'll try to sha, just dat sum of his songs are kinda wack, female version of shoki 4 example, last card and i no well grin
Re: Collabos That Helped Some Nigerian Artistes To Blow by malware: 2:19pm On May 26, 2018
kelz3264:
Hello, CausticPotash aneeds this: Need Affordable Farmland For Blockmaking Between Ibadan, Oyo & Ogbomosho .Can youisupplyvit?
TVisitxthe linkCbelow.
hOkpjF naptu2 ehzH99 gisthoodng lo7cGK laribari REKn0M ukukaegbu C4MReF ibraheem009 0nFxlE malware 21PRiN akogu001 GHw8bk ibeteran TNA9hj emmabest2000

(1) (Reply)

Star Quest 2007 Music Competition / Darey Ft Jozi & Iceprince – Asiko / Watch G'iyaz - Bring Rap Back (official Music Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.