Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,184 members, 7,811,472 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:22 PM

How Do You See Speaking In Tongues Without Interpretation In Church? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do You See Speaking In Tongues Without Interpretation In Church? (675 Views)

Dreams Interpretation! Dreams Interpretation!! Dreams Interpretation!!! / Must They Always Shout In Tongues Without Interpretation? / Speaking In Tongues: What's That All About? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You See Speaking In Tongues Without Interpretation In Church? by JohnEazy(m): 6:06am On Nov 30, 2014
1corinth 12:1-31 show that it is not only speaking in tongues that is the gift of the spirit bt now if you dont speak in tongues people claim that you are not born again..is speaking in tongues gibberish without meaning?
Re: How Do You See Speaking In Tongues Without Interpretation In Church? by JohnEazy(m): 6:10am On Nov 30, 2014
What if a man is blessed with the gift of wisdom and knowledge,discerning of d spirit or interpretation of tongues..does he stil needs speaking in tongues
Re: How Do You See Speaking In Tongues Without Interpretation In Church? by pussyeater(m): 6:25am On Nov 30, 2014
Question for the Holy Spirit
Re: How Do You See Speaking In Tongues Without Interpretation In Church? by KingAdeOluomo1(m): 6:35am On Nov 30, 2014
Re: How Do You See Speaking In Tongues Without Interpretation In Church? by teemanbastos(m): 7:27am On Nov 30, 2014
unbiblical
Re: How Do You See Speaking In Tongues Without Interpretation In Church? by ayoku777(m): 7:54am On Nov 30, 2014
JohnEazy:
1corinth 12:1-31 show that it is not only speaking in tongues that is the gift of the spirit bt now if you dont speak in tongues people claim that you are not born again..is speaking in tongues gibberish without meaning?

People say you shouldn't pray in tongues in church because no one understands you. Issue is, even if I'm praying in english, is it my prayer you should be listening to before or praying your own too?

I agree, the purpose of tongues is for personal edification, but where I choose to edify myself doesn't matter, whether its at home, or at my office desk, or even at church. As long as I don't disturb the concentration of another.

And to your other question. No, you don't have to speak in tongues to be born again. You only need to put your faith in who Christ is and what He did to be born again.

But tongues is the only gift of the Spirit given us specifically for personal edification. All the other charismatic gifts are for the edification of the body of Christ.

And speaking in tongues even without interpretation will still edify the speaker. But it must have interpretation to edify anyone else. My tongues can't edify you without interpretation, but it can edify me.

So No, tongues is not gibberish or useless without interpretation.

(1) (Reply)

My Generation / Be Fruitful / How Can We Receive A Fresh Anointing From God, So We Won't Be Broken

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.