Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,812 members, 7,810,115 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:00 PM

Infinix Vs. Tecno - The Nigerian Smartphone War - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Infinix Vs. Tecno - The Nigerian Smartphone War (16049 Views)

Tecno, The Highest Selling Mobile Brand In Nigeria Revealed / Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee / Tecno Is Winning The Smartphone War In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Infinix Vs. Tecno - The Nigerian Smartphone War by deewhy4ril: 2:02pm On Nov 30, 2014
Thanks to Tecno, we might never have had cheap smartphones in Nigeria but Infinix is ready to challenge Tecno's market monopoly big time. Infinix Hot is even on the way after a grand release for Infinix Zero. Tecno is also doing great at making their Phantoms look better.

Which brand do you prefer?

Check this out: http://www.twernets.com/2014/11/infinix-vs-tecno-nigerian-smartphone-war.html
Re: Infinix Vs. Tecno - The Nigerian Smartphone War by encryptjay(m): 2:25pm On Nov 30, 2014
Tecno rapes Infinix Iron: there's no need to create such a thread. Scrutinise the Infinix zero thread...
Re: Infinix Vs. Tecno - The Nigerian Smartphone War by deewhy4ril: 2:39pm On Nov 30, 2014
I think something more interesting is in. Someone said Infinix is owned by Tecno, how true is that?
Re: Infinix Vs. Tecno - The Nigerian Smartphone War by akashi01(m): 2:42pm On Nov 30, 2014
undecided OP please send me credit

1 Like

Re: Infinix Vs. Tecno - The Nigerian Smartphone War by Nobody: 2:45pm On Nov 30, 2014
Infinix is france product whli tecno is a Chinese product
Re: Infinix Vs. Tecno - The Nigerian Smartphone War by deewhy4ril: 2:58pm On Nov 30, 2014
b1327:
Infinix is france product whli tecno is a Chinese product

I just confirmed that the Infinix brand is owned by Ex Sagem Wireless + Tecno + Calcare Limited
Re: Infinix Vs. Tecno - The Nigerian Smartphone War by emperorizzy(m): 2:58pm On Nov 30, 2014
In my opinion, I prefer high end techno phones to high end infinix phones, techno has parts that can be replaced anywhere but infinix parts is as scarce as snow in the Sahara. Techno gets hot as infinix phones, they are not far from each other, but techno has more foolish releases and unfortunately infinix is trailing behind sad .

1 Like

Re: Infinix Vs. Tecno - The Nigerian Smartphone War by deewhy4ril: 3:01pm On Nov 30, 2014
emperorizzy:
In my opinion, I prefer high end techno phones to high end infinix phones, techno has parts that can be replaced anywhere but infinix parts is as scarce as snow in the Sahara. Techno gets hot as infinix phones, they are not far from each other, but techno had more foolish releases and unfortunately infinix is trailing behind sad .

I guess Infinix also has the Carlcare Warranty-ish that Tecno too enjoys.. plus after sometime, Infinix's parts shouldn't be scarce like that again
Re: Infinix Vs. Tecno - The Nigerian Smartphone War by amAZEing: 4:38pm On Nov 30, 2014
Infinix Vs. Tecno - The Nigerian Smartphone War
Some years ago till 2011, smartphones in Nigeria are only for the rich. We have the likes of brands like Samsung (Android), HTC (Windows Phone), and iPhone (iOS) making waves in the Nigerian smartphone world. I tell you, these brands are really expensive and only the rich can afford to use a smartphone in our society.

Early 2012, Tecno unveiled their first smartphone in Nigeria, T1 embedded with Android 2.3.5 Operating System. It was a new dawn for Nigerians but some like me doubted the authenticity of Tecno phones at first. The conventional Tecno-branded phones we have been having in Nigeria before they unveiled the Android were very cheap small phones that are practically unreliable then.

However, Tecno's smartphones unveiling is like a new dawn for Nigeria that no one expected before it happened. I could remember, even the least expected people bought Android smartphones in the era of Tecno. Tecno enjoyed monopoly and enormous market surge in their first months because they were the only one providing cheap smartphones in Nigeria.

However, brands like Infinix also joined the league as time goes on and we now have Innjoo penetrating with the favour of Jumia partnership. Infinix came just like some other brands then but it seems it has come to stay. They have come to challenge Tecno's monopoly in Nigeria's smartphone market.

Even though Tecno came out of the shadows of cheap smartphones to produce classy and expensive Phantoms, Infinix is not resting to. Infinix's latest release, Infinix Zero, got so much awareness for weeks including Infinix ambassadors, sponsored blog posts, various ads and even partnership with Konga. Infinix Zero's release got enormous pre-orders and orders that made the Infinix brand an household name in Nigeria.

Infinix is not yet done with their packages with the Infinix Hot's awareness coming on heels after the release of Infinix Zero.

The war of brands is getting hotter in the Nigerian smartphone market, stay tuned as more brands like Innjoo might join.

However, it is important that you note that Tecno also has a stake in the Infinix brand. So, they are kind of interrelated.
Re: Infinix Vs. Tecno - The Nigerian Smartphone War by Nobody: 5:46pm On Nov 30, 2014
deewhy4ril:

I just confirmed that the Infinix brand is owned by Ex Sagem Wireless + Tecno + Calcare Limited
yes is sagem dat own infinix brand
Re: Infinix Vs. Tecno - The Nigerian Smartphone War by tanfani: 12:22am On Dec 01, 2014
They're the same thing jare
Re: Infinix Vs. Tecno - The Nigerian Smartphone War by ogedanny: 5:53pm On Jul 13, 2016
Re: Infinix Vs. Tecno - The Nigerian Smartphone War by yinka360nl1: 6:53pm On Jul 13, 2016
A war ke? Each device has its own fans and users.
Re: Infinix Vs. Tecno - The Nigerian Smartphone War by omoalajah(m): 7:01pm On Jul 13, 2016
Am nt seeing any war, am only seeing two brands making money and servicing the needs of Africans at large!
Re: Infinix Vs. Tecno - The Nigerian Smartphone War by 360koncepts: 7:05pm On Jul 13, 2016
Tecno is winning oo. Almost everyone i know uses a Tecno phone

2 Likes

Re: Infinix Vs. Tecno - The Nigerian Smartphone War by DhimxyMaxwell(m): 11:12pm On Jul 13, 2016
360koncepts:

For my side na infinix dey win grin
Anyone using Tecno will be casterated

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Infinix Vs. Tecno - The Nigerian Smartphone War by Nobody: 2:18am On Jul 14, 2016
there is no difference btw the two. justvthe regular china android phones.
Re: Infinix Vs. Tecno - The Nigerian Smartphone War by investigator007: 10:22am On Jul 25, 2019
Seriously mehn 80% of the people I know use Tecno..
360koncepts:

1 Like

Re: Infinix Vs. Tecno - The Nigerian Smartphone War by investigator007: 10:24am On Jul 25, 2019
I don't completely agree they are the same cause infinix develops some kinda issues that Tecno doesn't and I have used Tecno for quite some time now

1 Like

Re: Infinix Vs. Tecno - The Nigerian Smartphone War by Sulaicsafas: 10:31am On Jul 25, 2019
investigator007:
I don't completely agree they are the same cause infinix develops some kinda issues that Tecno doesn't and I have used Tecno for quite some time now
Fact is phones regardless of maker will have some units with defects.

1 Like

Re: Infinix Vs. Tecno - The Nigerian Smartphone War by Mckandre(m): 10:38am On Jul 25, 2019
Useless comparison thread angry

I take it that these people ve seen the light now.
Re: Infinix Vs. Tecno - The Nigerian Smartphone War by saxby(f): 12:42am On Jul 26, 2019
C Tecno is more Global than infinix cause it is easier affordable

1 Like

Re: Infinix Vs. Tecno - The Nigerian Smartphone War by investigator007: 9:51am On Jul 26, 2019
Tecno is very much better infinix is just trying to catch up

1 Like

Re: Infinix Vs. Tecno - The Nigerian Smartphone War by Chiemezueajuzie: 10:22am On Jul 26, 2019
Likewise I see more of Tecno everywhere
360koncepts:

1 Like

Re: Infinix Vs. Tecno - The Nigerian Smartphone War by Gwandana: 12:34pm On Jul 26, 2019
That's correct
saxby:
Re: Infinix Vs. Tecno - The Nigerian Smartphone War by sureinfo: 3:55pm On Jul 26, 2019
wow! this thread was opened in 2014 thats like 5 years o. well i think both brands have great devices sha.
Re: Infinix Vs. Tecno - The Nigerian Smartphone War by Freelancerx: 3:16pm On Jul 27, 2019
sure it's looking at their new product with nice specs
saxby:
Re: Infinix Vs. Tecno - The Nigerian Smartphone War by Freelancerx: 5:09pm On Jul 27, 2019
360koncepts:
yes. looking at their new devices, you will find out that they are great specs and that will bust their market etc
Re: Infinix Vs. Tecno - The Nigerian Smartphone War by Smallbaby(f): 8:51am On Jul 29, 2019
yinka360nl1:
A war ke? Each device has its own fans and users.
i wonder o
Re: Infinix Vs. Tecno - The Nigerian Smartphone War by Chiemezueajuzie: 6:50pm On Jul 31, 2019
Yeah but to me I feel Tecno makes infinix sit up
Freelancerx:
yes. looking at their new devices, you will find out that they are great specs and that will bust their market etc

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Airtel's Poor Data Service / Itel Releases New A70 In Nigeria / Fake Samsung S4 Be Carefull Of Wat U Buy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.