Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,808 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

Agriculture Will Replace Crude Oil - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Agriculture Will Replace Crude Oil (15033 Views)

Fresh Lettuce.... The New Green Crude Oil / By 2016,agriculture Will Be The Most Booming Industry / Of Crude Oil And Agriculture: Contribution to GDP is not the issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Agriculture Will Replace Crude Oil by ajayiopy: 9:34pm On Dec 02, 2014
Politic will replace crude oil

Re: Agriculture Will Replace Crude Oil by 100Cents: 9:40pm On Dec 02, 2014
Very on point...

Good observation by a true businessman...

1 Like

Re: Agriculture Will Replace Crude Oil by Priceless24(f): 9:43pm On Dec 02, 2014
ogtavia:

Wow,ur reply made me smile a bit..u sound decent,some other lady might have knocked me out with Hot words,I was expecting some serious typical nairaland knockout,my mind told me I was courting trouble when I clicked submit,alas,my mind was wrong on this one...but i know humor when I see it sha...but to be honest...the Oil Issue is serious and its time for each Nigerian to look beyond the government,dey failed us,they should have diversified the economy long ago,economic experts called for it long ago,this ur so called finance minister will resign soon,mark my words,every oil producing country knew d oil wealth wasn't permanent but a means to create buffer wealth for when it goes out of 'fashion' borrowing ur words,..particularly,d Norway Oil Industry Story made my heart heavy,u need to read it to understand what I mean...I might share d link later on this thread..

Lol, I'm a peacemaker(in my head sha). I understand your concerns but our leaders are more concerned with filling up their pockets than the diversification of Nigerias economy. It is painful because most western countries have found ways to almost replace their reliance on crude oil(that's what I meant when I said it's going out of fashion). They are going to rely less on Nigerias crude oil as time goes by and it's going to be drastic if these block head looters do not do something about it.
Re: Agriculture Will Replace Crude Oil by naijareferee: 9:46pm On Dec 02, 2014
I think agric is a good alternate for crudeøøøøø because for every by product of crudeøøøøøthere is an alternative in agric.

Nigeria can survive only with mechanised farming processed industriallyø
Re: Agriculture Will Replace Crude Oil by GodMode: 9:47pm On Dec 02, 2014
Collynzo9:

Are you serious? So how are the countries that import Agricultural products from African countries and process them into finished products faring when compared to the countries they import from?
Switzerland imports most of Ghana's and Ivory coast's cocoa for processing into several products, how are they faring when compared to those 2 countries? As for the employment aspect, by the time everybody is ivolved in agriculture and the prices of products crash as is already the case, many farmers sink deeper and deeper into poverty.

Food = agriculture
Fashion = agriculture
Infrastructures = agriculture
Housing = agriculture
Furniture = agriculture
Health = agriculture
Roads = agriculture
Maths = agriculture
Transportation = agriculture 2.0
Technology = agriculture 3.0

In the beginning, agriculture ruled the world and
In the end, agriculture will still rule the world.

1 Like

Re: Agriculture Will Replace Crude Oil by GodMode: 9:52pm On Dec 02, 2014
Priceless24:

Lol, I'm a peacemaker(in my head sha). I understand your concerns but our leaders are more concerned with filling up their pockets than the diversification of Nigerias economy. It is painful because most western countries have found ways to almost replace their reliance on crude oil(that's what I meant when I said it's going out of fashion). They are going to rely less on Nigerias crude oil as time goes by and it's going to be drastic if these block head looters do not do something about it.

Crude oil will forever be needed it can't be replaced yet.. But the reliance on it will reduce....
Re: Agriculture Will Replace Crude Oil by Priceless24(f): 9:56pm On Dec 02, 2014
GodMode:

Crude oil will forever be needed it can't be replaced yet.. But the reliance on it will reduce....

I said 'almost' replace. They have just reduced their reliance enough to cut off importation and make use of their own reserves.
Re: Agriculture Will Replace Crude Oil by naijareferee: 10:01pm On Dec 02, 2014
[quote
author=Priceless24 post=28541302]

Lol, I'm a peacemaker(in my head sha). I understand your concerns but
our leaders are more concerned with filling up their pockets than the
diversification of Nigerias economy. It is painful because most western
countries have found ways to almost replace their reliance on crude
oil(that's what I meant when I said it's going out of fashion). They are
going to rely less on Nigerias crude oil as time goes by and it's going
to be drastic if these block head looters do not do something about
it.[/quote]

my dear.... crude has come to stay atleast for another century.... before crude it was coal and even with the advent of crude, coal hasnt fizzled out. the rest of the world didnt find an alternative to crude yetøøøø they are only using expensive crude which can hardly be sustained.....

so we will stick to crude and make agric and others only a competition until we get thereø
Re: Agriculture Will Replace Crude Oil by GodMode: 10:03pm On Dec 02, 2014
Priceless24:

I said 'almost' replace. They have just reduced their reliance enough to cut off importation and make use of their own reserves.

Opinions differ

'almost' is used when u think there are high chances an event might occur.. But they can't 'almost' replace oil.
Re: Agriculture Will Replace Crude Oil by KLand(m): 10:29pm On Dec 02, 2014
Agriculture is the oldest economic base. We neglect it at our own peril.
Re: Agriculture Will Replace Crude Oil by hansad: 10:29pm On Dec 02, 2014
GodMode:

Food = agriculture
Fashion = agriculture
Infrastructures = agriculture
Housing = agriculture
Furniture = agriculture
Health = agriculture
Roads = agriculture
Maths = agriculture
Transportation = agriculture 2.0
Technology = agriculture 3.0

In the beginning, agriculture ruled the world and
In the end, agriculture will still rule the world.
Bundle of deception. Agriculture can only make you feed well, but not fetch enough local cash or foreign money to build even a rail line from Abuja to Kaduna, or run Nigeria under present unitary govt system. Move over to developed Western countries, there a basket of Banana or groundnut from Third world countries sell for less than one Euro. In any case, there is no part of Nigeria that cannot produce enough food to feed people in its area. Reality is tht once crude oil cash stops coming to Nigeria, today's apostles of one Nigeria shall declare independence from Nigeria - take this fact to the Central Bank.
Re: Agriculture Will Replace Crude Oil by world1(m): 10:30pm On Dec 02, 2014
Are You Interested In Agribusiness Get Free Land And Training At WABI Oyo State.
https://www.nairaland.com/2024911/young-trainee-farmers-initiatives-w.a.b.i
Re: Agriculture Will Replace Crude Oil by GodMode: 10:37pm On Dec 02, 2014
hansad:
Bundle of deception. Agriculture can only make you feed well, but not fetch enough local cash or foreign money to build even a rail line from Abuja to Kaduna, or run Nigeria under present unitary govt system. Move over to developed Western countries, there a basket of Banana or groundnut from Third world countries sell for less than one Euro. In any case, there is no part of Nigeria that cannot produce enough food to feed people in its area. Reality is tht once crude oil cash stops coming to Nigeria, today's apostles of one Nigeria shall declare independence from Nigeria - take this fact to the Central Bank.

Collynzo9 understands what I meant... Your mistake and the mistake of 90% of Nigerians is seeing agriculture as a food production method... Go through that list again.

My point is: without agriculture those things won't exist.
Re: Agriculture Will Replace Crude Oil by Truman155(m): 10:42pm On Dec 02, 2014
ApexTitan:
I saw this on the front page and thought I was going to read an opinion piece styled essay only to come here and see the scant first post. Why did the moderator create false impressions with thread title? Oh well.
its all about connection if u have connection in nairaland the mods will put u on the front page corruption in every aspect of life in nigeria
Re: Agriculture Will Replace Crude Oil by ogtavia(m): 10:46pm On Dec 02, 2014
Priceless24:

Now I get it,oil isn't such a big deal anymore is what u meant,many oil producing nations is knew this,so they worked hard in saving for d 'rainy days'...Norway has about $1trillion in oil reserve savings,for a country of about 5million people,yes,5million,dts huge...d current crop of leaders we have aren't goin to do anything abt it,its jst silly propaganda and white ankara politics...but,by God's grace,I shall rise to power someday,soon,..and Nigeria by God's help will breathe a sigh of relief...d situation is pathetic.
Re: Agriculture Will Replace Crude Oil by cocoduck: 11:19pm On Dec 02, 2014
hansad:
No sit at home and wait for oil money to line your pocket and fatten your bank account, what exactly has the oil done for me as an individual? very little. Those who cling on oil money are greedy lazy thieves who are not different from their leaders they lambast as corrupt. Agriculture is not just using hoe to till the soil. we are talking about industrial agric, it is the base of the American economy, the biggest economy in the world, agricultural economy gives life to any other thing because you will not drink fuel you lazy bones. You want easy life. nothing's free even in Freetown.
Re: Agriculture Will Replace Crude Oil by mikolo80: 11:24pm On Dec 02, 2014
johnbuck81:
agriculture will never suppase crude oil...dats a natural resource 4rm GOD.
ehen so na devil give us the agric resource ba
Re: Agriculture Will Replace Crude Oil by Gynacologist(m): 11:26pm On Dec 02, 2014
LajaLaba:
grin grin I'm seriously laughing at you
help me tel am abeg...
Re: Agriculture Will Replace Crude Oil by mikolo80: 11:28pm On Dec 02, 2014
Eyop:
Your personal opinion OP. Agriculture can never replace Crude oil. Our leaders are the ones not helping matters.
ever thought about being a leader to get us out of the woods...its the same way we all thinking so stop blaming the leaders
Re: Agriculture Will Replace Crude Oil by mikolo80: 11:29pm On Dec 02, 2014
justitiaomnibus:
That is what it should have been.

Agriculture should by now be contributin a 40 percent of our national wealth..

But oil blinded everyone to every other thing.
it is.oil is just 12%
Re: Agriculture Will Replace Crude Oil by Anthrophile(m): 11:40pm On Dec 02, 2014
Crude oil and its derivatives are too important for agriculture to replace them. Even a fully evolved agricultural sector cannot.
Re: Agriculture Will Replace Crude Oil by Octaves(m): 12:00am On Dec 03, 2014
Why is every body now trooping into Agriculture. What happened to technology. Agric is essential but we can't become just another agrarian country again. We need technology too to compete with the developed countries.

1 Like

Re: Agriculture Will Replace Crude Oil by hansad: 12:44am On Dec 03, 2014
cocoduck:

No sit at home and wait for oil money to line your pocket and fatten your bank account, what exactly has the oil done for me as an individual? very little. Those who cling on oil money are greedy lazy thieves who are not different from their leaders they lambast as corrupt. Agriculture is not just using hoe to till the soil. we are talking about industrial agric, it is the base of the American economy, the biggest economy in the world, agricultural economy gives life to any other thing because you will not drink fuel you lazy bones. You want easy life. nothing's free even in Freetown.
US economy is not rich or sustained by agriculture. US and other rich countries are rich through inflow of revenues from industrial output and hitech services. Agriculture in the US or in any rich country only supplements the economy. Lazy drones in Nigeria depend only on doles from Abuja. The worst of the drones live by greater share of the doles they unduly get through a purposely created 36 stsates and Abuja political structure that favours them with a unitary government system; a unitary govt system being wrongly practiced in a multi-ethnic/religious Nigeria. That is why, some Nigerians including perhps you, spin the yarn that agriculture can tomorrow make the money for a country to be rich. Unitary govt system makes Nigerians focus on Abuja doles and ignore Agriculture which is supposed to supplement the oil-driven economy. Repeat, no rich country, including the US, is rich from its agricultural proceeds.

3 Likes

Re: Agriculture Will Replace Crude Oil by HOLYPRINCE2(m): 12:49am On Dec 03, 2014
CHIAAGRO:
WITH THE FAST GROWTH OF SOLAR ENERGY TECHNOLOGY,IT'S OBVIOUS THAT CRUDE OIL MAY BE LESS RELEVANT IN THE SHORTEST POSSIBLE TIME AND NIGERIA WE HAVE TO FACE AGRICULTURE!
same story, natural resources? God has a reason for it and the value must exist till the end
Re: Agriculture Will Replace Crude Oil by igbo2011(m): 1:21am On Dec 03, 2014
Not just agriculture also manufacturing and tourism.

1 Like

Re: Agriculture Will Replace Crude Oil by igbo2011(m): 1:25am On Dec 03, 2014
hansad:

R need to add value from agriculture from cocoa to chocolate, from Cohan to phone oil o had etc
Re: Agriculture Will Replace Crude Oil by JoeCutie(m): 5:17am On Dec 03, 2014
Hey Missterious, are you reading this? undecided
Re: Agriculture Will Replace Crude Oil by cocoduck: 5:27am On Dec 03, 2014
hansad:
US economy is not rich or sustained by agriculture. US and other rich countries are rich through inflow of revenues from industrial output and hitech services. Agriculture in the US or in any rich country only supplements the economy. Lazy drones in Nigeria depend only on doles from Abuja. The worst of the drones live by greater share of the doles they unduly get through a purposely created 36 stsates and Abuja political structure that favours them with a unitary government system; a unitary govt system being wrongly practiced in a multi-ethnic/religious Nigeria. That is why, some Nigerians including perhps you, spin the yarn that agriculture can tomorrow make the money for a country to be rich. Unitary govt system makes Nigerians focus on Abuja doles and ignore Agriculture which is supposed to supplement the oil-driven economy. Repeat, no rich country, including the US, is rich from its agricultural proceeds.
Go and read about the history and make up of US economy, AGric has always been the base, What where Africans kidnapped for? to do rap music? was it not to work on PLANTATIONS for white people? The US grew rich from agro business my friend, any other business is an offshoot of agriculture, be it oil or space ship manufacturing, you think people there play with their agro business? they don't, food and clothing comes first then shelter, these three basic needs are quickly met by AGRIC. Agric should be the base economy on which every other economy is built up on.
I know very well that Nigeria is made to favor just a few people, and we need true FEDERALISM or out right break up
Re: Agriculture Will Replace Crude Oil by cocoduck: 5:33am On Dec 03, 2014
HOLYPRINCE2:
same story, natural resources? God has a reason for it and the value must exist till the end
the only industry God gave man is Agriculture, the thing is that, we hate that word agriculture because it conjures an image of a village man with tattered cloth digging with a hoe, but that is not agriculture, that is called subsistence farming, that is what a lot of people practice, but I am talking about industrial AGRIC

1 Like

Re: Agriculture Will Replace Crude Oil by missterious(f): 5:45am On Dec 03, 2014
JoeCutie:
Hey Missterious, are you reading this? undecided

You won't spend the money with me sha undecided tongue

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Updated - How To Construct a Snail House for Snail Farming Business / How Much Is The Current Price Of Cashew Nuts In Your Area / Economic Importance Of Weeds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.