Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,651 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:48 PM

First Water-only Powered Generator You Can Buy - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / First Water-only Powered Generator You Can Buy (6967 Views)

See What A Man In Aba Made Using "I Pass My Neighbour Generator / Urine-powered Generator Invented By Nigerians Girls / Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Water-only Powered Generator You Can Buy by K3bee(m): 7:01pm On Nov 30, 2014
A Toronto, Canada company, GDS Technologies Ltd., says it has developed a portable generator that runs solely on tap water.
The GDS portable water generator comes in three models: 5,000 watts, 10,000 watts and 15,000 watts. According to inventor Gregory Potter, the 5,000-watt model can run for three days on four gallons.
A video demonstrates the 5,000-watt portable water generator in action; there is no pollution or exhaust, no hidden extension cords powering the device, no batteries to replace, it is significantly less noisy than a standard generator and the only upkeep is keeping the water tank clean and supplied with fresh tap water.
Features of the portable water generator include “rugged,” non-inflatable (or deflatable) tires, an emergency shut-off button, digital meters, a timer, covered outlets, a breaker and an optional intake valve that connects to a garden hose with automatic shut-off with a floating device within the water tank.
According to Potter, the 10,000-watt model can power two air conditioning units, but even the 5,000-watt model is suitable for running a stove, or computers and other electronics.
Models run from $5,360 Canadian to $14,885 Canadian, and will be available to the public “soon.” According to the company’s Alibaba site, GDS Technologies is currently capable of producing 400 portable water generators per month.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: First Water-only Powered Generator You Can Buy by Nobody: 7:04pm On Nov 30, 2014
Wow... This is a latest tech meant for Nigerians.
Re: First Water-only Powered Generator You Can Buy by Nobody: 7:14pm On Nov 30, 2014
K3bee:
A Toronto, Canada company, GDS Technologies Ltd., says it has developed a portable generator that runs solely on tap water.
The GDS portable water generator comes in three models: 5,000 watts, 10,000 watts and 15,000 watts. According to inventor Gregory Potter, the 5,000-watt model can run for three days on four gallons.
A video demonstrates the 5,000-watt portable water generator in action; there is no pollution or exhaust, no hidden extension cords powering the device, no batteries to replace, it is significantly less noisy than a standard generator and the only upkeep is keeping the water tank clean and supplied with fresh tap water.
Features of the portable water generator include “rugged,” non-inflatable (or deflatable) tires, an emergency shut-off button, digital meters, a timer, covered outlets, a breaker and an optional intake valve that connects to a garden hose with automatic shut-off with a floating device within the water tank.
According to Potter, the 10,000-watt model can power two air conditioning units, but even the 5,000-watt model is suitable for running a stove, or computers and other electronics.
Models run from $5,360 Canadian to $14,885 Canadian, and will be available to the public “soon.” According to the company’s Alibaba site, GDS Technologies is currently capable of producing 400 portable water generators per month.
4 gallon?, i dey sure say water go becum scarce
Re: First Water-only Powered Generator You Can Buy by Nobody: 7:15pm On Nov 30, 2014
incase
Re: First Water-only Powered Generator You Can Buy by Nobody: 7:38pm On Nov 30, 2014
I sense the end of PHCN
Re: First Water-only Powered Generator You Can Buy by Anyi3(m): 7:54pm On Nov 30, 2014
These peeps set up an office in Nigeria, they'd be richer than Dangote

1 Like

Re: First Water-only Powered Generator You Can Buy by Nobody: 8:09pm On Nov 30, 2014
we need this shiit fucck nepa abi pch or phn, wahever
Re: First Water-only Powered Generator You Can Buy by Nobody: 8:11pm On Nov 30, 2014
undecided
Re: First Water-only Powered Generator You Can Buy by jcflex(m): 8:37pm On Nov 30, 2014
This is a welcome idea
Re: First Water-only Powered Generator You Can Buy by Nobody: 9:06pm On Nov 30, 2014
900billion likes
Re: First Water-only Powered Generator You Can Buy by hahn(m): 9:32pm On Nov 30, 2014
Edited:

@op, how true is this story of yours? I just googled GDS technologies and they are actually based in the UK and not in Canada. I also called the number on their website and was informed that they are not into water powered generators.

If your news is real, kindly confirm.

Abi you dey try scam people ni?
Re: First Water-only Powered Generator You Can Buy by luvlyoracle(m): 9:42pm On Nov 30, 2014
All I see is an inverter embarassed

1 Like

Re: First Water-only Powered Generator You Can Buy by Penuelseun(m): 1:54pm On Dec 01, 2014
hmmm
Re: First Water-only Powered Generator You Can Buy by hahn(m): 5:25pm On Dec 01, 2014
hahn:
Edited:

@op, how true is this story of yours? I just googled GDS technologies and they are actually based in the UK and not in Canada. I also called the number on their website and was informed that they are not into water powered generators.

If your news is real, kindly confirm.

Abi you dey try scam people ni?

Let me apologise. I did another search and came up with the Canadian company and even dialled their phone number and spoke to someone. Presently, the generator is still in prototype stage and production will commence in March, 2015.

This will be really worth the wait!
Re: First Water-only Powered Generator You Can Buy by kuuljay(m): 5:30am On Dec 02, 2014
This one wey okonjo don dey talk say awa pepe don dey finish why bucus oyibo dey pay only chikini money to buy awa oyil,m,if this kine Jen come show for market naim be say wahala dey ooo,me no dey ready for anode subsidy greedia!!! Again ooo
Re: First Water-only Powered Generator You Can Buy by tartar9(m): 1:06am On Dec 14, 2014
BIG LIE!
Re: First Water-only Powered Generator You Can Buy by peterjero(m): 5:20pm On Dec 16, 2014
Best news I've read in 2014
Re: First Water-only Powered Generator You Can Buy by generator404(f): 8:38am On Jul 24, 2018
I purchased a Propane Generator from Central Maine Diesel a few years ago.

20 HP Honda engine, Italian generator head.
Paid about $2300 plus shipping via Paradise Freight which was a few hundred.
I see the price is just a bit higher now... But the one I want most is cummins diesel genset which i saw from a website.

Recently it blew a capacitor. Central Maine sent me 2 for the price of one even though it is out of warranty. $39 total for two.

I looked at generators on island but a similar Honda at Quality electric was close to $6000 and it wasn't even a 13750kw. More like 8 or 9000kw if I remember right.....

They have many generators at great prices but this is the one I settled for.

Quiet, no smell, propane lasts forever........

(1) (Reply)

Dolphins Attracted To Pregnant Women / EXO-SKELETON :With This u Can Beat The hell out of "HULK" or the "DEVIL" himself / Babies Born Three-Months Early Can Recognise Human Speech

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.