Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,428 members, 7,812,260 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:51 AM

Effective Ways Of Overcoming Menstrual Pain - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Effective Ways Of Overcoming Menstrual Pain (801 Views)

Some Effective Ways To Treat Pimples Naturally / What are the side effects of menstrual pain pills? / Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Effective Ways Of Overcoming Menstrual Pain by globalwaly(m): 9:46am On Dec 01, 2014
Do you dread your monthly cycle due to painful cramps? Many women suffer from painful periods, unaware of the effective natural remedies that can make their periods more comfortable.

Menstrual Pain is what most girls pass through every month during their menses. Sometimes the pain is so unbearable that it can even make one to fall sick.

Having Sex Helps Reduce Menstrual pain grin grin

All right, I can see the #eyes rolling out there. This idea may be far fetched, but it's been proven that having sex while you are on your period helps to relieve menstrual pain. Having orgasms helps release some of the pressure and allows your uterus walls to relax! Try doing it in the shower for less mess. Keep some towels and wipes handy for cleanup. And obviously, this tip is for married ladies only as I would never want to encourage pre-marital sex-but there are other ways to achieve orgasm! According to allwomentalk.com

Laying in the Fetal Position

This may sound a little crazy, but laying in the fetal position is one way to relieve menstrual pain! Do you ever notice how a small baby will draw his legs up to his #stomach when he has a tummy ache? That's because the body automatically knows that this position helps relax tummy muscles and relieve the pain a bit. This may not be effective on its own, but I guarantee you if you double it up with a heating pad, or Advil, or both, you will get great results!

Try a Tea

Raspberry leaf is considered to be a mild uterine tonic. Try a cup of raspberry leaf tea each day throughout the month. It is available at Whole Foods by the company Traditional Medicinals. Keep in mind you are looking for the herbal tea, not raspberry-flavored black tea!

Cut Down on Coffee

Caffeine, especially from coffee, is a well-known vasoconstrictor – it makes blood vessels constrict. Indeed, it may cause the vessels that feed the uterus to tighten more than they do in non-coffee drinkers. If you’re a diehard coffee drinker and can’t cut it out entirely, try avoiding it just in the week before your period and see if you notice a change.

Apply a heating pad to your lower belly area, below your belly button. Never fall asleep with the heating pad on.
Do light circular massage with your fingertips around your lower belly area.
Drink warm beverages.
Eat light but frequent meals.
Follow a diet rich in complex carbohydrates such as whole grains, fruits, and vegetables, but low in salt, sugar, alcohol, and caffeine.
Keep your legs raised while lying down, or lie on your side with your knees bent.
Practice relaxation techniques such as meditation or yoga.
Try over-the-counter anti-inflammatory medicine, such as ibuprofen. Start taking it the day before your period is expected to start, and continue taking it regularly for the first few days of your period.
Try vitamin B6, calcium, and magnesium supplements, especially if your pain is from PMS.
Take warm showers or baths.
Walk or exercise regularly, including pelvic rocking exercises.
Lose weight if you are overweight. Get regular, aerobic exercise.

To all Nairaland ladies.. Enjoy

Sources: http://healthsaveblog.com/overcoming-menstrual-pain/

Re: Effective Ways Of Overcoming Menstrual Pain by juliaangelis: 10:38am On Dec 01, 2014
Ginger tea or brew can relieve menstrual cramp and headache. I used to drink ginger tea and it cures headache and cramps. It is very effective for me. If you’re having cramps, warm or hot water works best as it increases blood flow to the skin, helping relax cramped muscles. Have a tall glass when you begin to feel pain.

1 Like

Re: Effective Ways Of Overcoming Menstrual Pain by globalwaly(m): 11:38am On Dec 01, 2014
juliaangelis:
Ginger tea or brew can relieve menstrual cramp and headache. I used to drink ginger tea and it cures headache and cramps. It is very effective for me. If you’re having cramps, warm or hot water works best as it increases blood flow to the skin, helping relax cramped muscles. Have a tall glass when you begin to feel pain.

thank you for this additional Information..

(1) (Reply)

5 Eating Habits That Will Help You Lower Cholesterol / Foods And Beverages To Avoid During Pregnancy / Http://www.healthcaresups.com/neurocell/

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.