Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,488 members, 7,826,839 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:25 PM

Being Alicia: A Short Tale But Not By Moonlight - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Being Alicia: A Short Tale But Not By Moonlight (857 Views)

Unique- The Horse And The Duck( A Fiction) A Short Tale. / A Short Tale : My Night Mere, >* I Rocked *< {fiction} (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Being Alicia: A Short Tale But Not By Moonlight by Mzflexydeeva(f): 12:39pm On Dec 01, 2014

Alicia a young beautiful girl, admired by all, sought by many but separated from all by a bad temper was in her mid twenties with a successful career with a bank. She was so focused on her job she hardly had time for fun. She usually took out time on weekends to go swimming but she never missed her Sunday night barbecue at Chris lane hotels‎ and bar.

Just like every young graduate, the thought of starting life after school always kept Frederick up late at night. He was not the "every lady's man" but he sure had the brains of a genius. Frederick was good at almost everything he laid his hands on but never found the words around the ladies. He once fancied a girl he often saw around his faculty while in school but he never had the courage to face her with his intentions.‎ 
Two(2) days after his POP(passing out parade), Frederick was offered a job with an oil company. His Joy knew no bounds, this was a dream come true for him as his dream of working as a drilling engineer had come to pass.

Frederick was so addicted to the Internet that he was often engrossed with his tab even while at the table. On this faithful Tuesday afternoon while stepping out of the office to inspect a site, he was too engrossed with his phone he didn't see the person in front of him till he pumped into a lady walking towards her car. He could not hide his disbelief when he saw the face of the pretty lady standing in front of him. A lady he had facied for so long, a lady he loved in silence, a lady he had wanted for himself. 
He was so dumbfounded he barely said a word but just kept smiling. You should pay more attention to where you are headed next time. The sound of Alicia's voice jerked Frederick back to present day. I'm so sorry was all he could say as he handed her his card and insisted she gave him hers too.

As Alicia lay in bed that evening trying to rest she got a call. She wondered who could be calling her at that time but when she heard the voice at the other end she recollected the voice from her afternoon encounter. It was a brief call and they agreed to meet for lunch over the weekend. 
The week seemed slow for Frederick but eventually the weekend came. It was a lovely meeting as it gave him a chance to express how he felt about Alicia.

Days passed, weeks passed and months went by and Alicia and Frederick got really close and intimate. Alicia went home to joyfully tell her parents how she had met "Mr right". 
A year later, Frederick lost his job due to. Some financial crisis faced by his company while Alicia had been promoted to the position of branch manager.

Alicia was so in love nothing else mattered but Frederick's happiness. She then took Frederick as her sole responsibility. She paid his rent, clothed him and even gave him a large part of her savings to start up something when it seemed nothing was ‎working out which he promised to return when he got back on his feet.

Two months later, as she stood in front of her house trying to get to the nearest atm she was approached by a young, pretty lady.
"Good evening" Alicia heard d woman say to her but she wasn't sure where she had met or if she knew the lady talking to her.
"I'm sorry to disturb you, my name is Bunmi and I have been trying to get a hold of you for so long".

How may I help you Alicia replied....... "I have only come to tell you to leave my man else you will be in soup".

"Excuse me! You must be mistaking" Alicia said.
I am not mistaking Bunmi replied. Just leave Frederick alone so he can concentrate on his life and struggle.
Alicia was shocked. 
 ‎At if that blow wasn't hard enough, Bunmi went on...... Frederick has placed a ring on my finger, I spend most of the holidays at his family house. I would have left Frederick alone if not for the multiple abortions I have committed for him.

Two(2) days later Alicia wakes up in th hospital. She kept screaming "Call Frederick! I have to see Frederick".‎
Eventually a call‎ was put through to Frederick: on hearing Alicia voice, all Frederick said was "Alicia I know you are a very nice person, it's a pity you are so naive. Please don't every call me again. I love Bunmi and she is my life. Allow us live happily and then the line went blank.

Alicia dropped the phone and wept bitterly. 

BEING ALICIA WHAT WOULD YOU DO
WOULD YOU FORGIVE FREDERICK? 
WOULD YOU EVER ASK HIM FOR YOUR MONEY?
BEING ALICIA WHAT WOULD THE WORD "LOVE" MEAN
Re: Being Alicia: A Short Tale But Not By Moonlight by synoble(m): 12:45pm On Dec 01, 2014
Mzflexydeeva:

Alicia a young beautiful girl, admired by all, sought by many but separated from all by a bad temper was in her mid twenties with a successful career with a bank. She was so focused on her job she hardly had time for fun. She usually took out time on weekends to go swimming but she never missed her Sunday night barbecue at Chris lane hotels‎ and bar.

Just like every young graduate, the thought of starting life after school always kept Frederick up late at night. He was not the "every lady's man" but he sure had the brains of a genius. Frederick was good at almost everything he laid his hands on but never found the words around the ladies. He once fancied a girl he often saw around his faculty while in school but he never had the courage to face her with his intentions.‎ 
Two(2) days after his POP(passing out parade), Frederick was offered a job with an oil company. His Joy knew no bounds, this was a dream come true for him as his dream of working as a drilling engineer had come to pass.

Frederick was so addicted to the Internet that he was often engrossed with his tab even while at the table. On this faithful Tuesday afternoon while stepping out of the office to inspect a site, he was too engrossed with his phone he didn't see the person in front of him till he pumped into a lady walking towards her car. He could not hide his disbelief when he saw the face of the pretty lady standing in front of him. A lady he had facied for so long, a lady he loved in silence, a lady he had wanted for himself. 
He was so dumbfounded he barely said a word but just kept smiling. You should pay more attention to where you are headed next time. The sound of Alicia's voice jerked Frederick back to present day. I'm so sorry was all he could say as he handed her his card and insisted she gave him hers too.

As Alicia lay in bed that evening trying to rest she got a call. She wondered who could be calling her at that time but when she heard the voice at the other end she recollected the voice from her afternoon encounter. It was a brief call and they agreed to meet for lunch over the weekend. 
The week seemed slow for Frederick but eventually the weekend came. It was a lovely meeting as it gave him a chance to express how he felt about Alicia.

Days passed, weeks passed and months went by and Alicia and Frederick got really close and intimate. Alicia went home to joyfully tell her parents how she had met "Mr right". 
A year later, Frederick lost his job due to. Some financial crisis faced by his company while Alicia had been promoted to the position of branch manager.

Alicia was so in love nothing else mattered but Frederick's happiness. She then took Frederick as her sole responsibility. She paid his rent, clothed him and even gave him a large part of her savings to start up something when it seemed nothing was ‎working out which he promised to return when he got back on his feet.

Two months later, as she stood in front of her house trying to get to the nearest atm she was approached by a young, pretty lady.
"Good evening" Alicia heard d woman say to her but she wasn't sure where she had met or if she knew the lady talking to her.
"I'm sorry to disturb you, my name is Bunmi and I have been trying to get a hold of you for so long".

How may I help you Alicia replied....... "I have only come to tell you to leave my man else you will be in soup".

"Excuse me! You must be mistaking" Alicia said.
I am not mistaking Bunmi replied. Just leave Frederick alone so he can concentrate on his life and struggle.
Alicia was shocked. 
 ‎At if that blow wasn't hard enough, Bunmi went on...... Frederick has placed a ring on my finger, I spend most of the holidays at his family house. I would have left Frederick alone if not for the multiple abortions I have committed for him.

Two(2) days later Alicia wakes up in th hospital. She kept screaming "Call Frederick! I have to see Frederick".‎
Eventually a call‎ was put through to Frederick: on hearing Alicia voice, all Frederick said was "Alicia I know you are a very nice person, it's a pity you are so naive. Please don't every call me again. I love Bunmi and she is my life. Allow us live happily and then the line went blank.

Alicia dropped the phone and wept bitterly. 

BEING ALICIA WHAT WOULD YOU DO
WOULD YOU FORGIVE FREDERICK? 
WOULD YOU EVER ASK HIM FOR YOUR MONEY?
BEING ALICIA WHAT WOULD THE WORD "LOVE" MEAN

in france where i stay....alicia go don gun fredrick down tay tay.

(1) (Reply)

Why You Must Never Give Up, Especially when you fail. / Run Shitta Brother Taju Is Coming / 30 Days Of Poetry Season 2, Day 8, Ashawo No Be Work (pix Inside)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.