Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,747 members, 7,809,853 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:00 PM

Devaluation: Naira Now N183 To The Dollar - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Devaluation: Naira Now N183 To The Dollar (25590 Views)

Naira Appreciates Against The Dollar / Naira Rallies Against The Dollar / Naira Now 172 Naira To A Dollar. Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Devaluation: Naira Now N183 To The Dollar by sholatech(m): 1:42pm On Dec 01, 2014
pumpingmachine:
This would not have happened under Sanusi. The president politicised everything including security and economy. This one na one chance presidency. But I get paid in dollars so I guess I shld be happy

You probably should blame Sanusi for defending the Naira with our reserves instead of allowing market forces determine exchange rate when oil prices were higher than budget. Now we having a steep decline in Naira value due to Oil price volatility and not enough in reserves
Re: Devaluation: Naira Now N183 To The Dollar by Oduduwaboy(m): 1:43pm On Dec 01, 2014
When the economy is finally dead Okonjo-Weal will find her way back to America. Smh . Well, people have said GEJ is the only option in 2015.
Re: Devaluation: Naira Now N183 To The Dollar by boujaye: 1:44pm On Dec 01, 2014
sandraokosun:
when you have a drunk shoeless jonothing ebola thats what you get. He would be jailed by #GMB in 2015

can't u see you have lost your senses cool
Re: Devaluation: Naira Now N183 To The Dollar by saudatu(m): 1:45pm On Dec 01, 2014
StarBoard:
Apparently Tunde Bakare was correct about Jonathan's mission.

We were too biased to listen.

This so called Minister of Finance who looks like a sex-starved hag has not co-ordinated anything. Just wearing those silly goggles to look intelligent.
to make matters worse she reports to a drunken fisherman who has no clue about anything except kaikai and ogogoro.

GUY I GBADUN YOU DIE.... #FACT

1 Like

Re: Devaluation: Naira Now N183 To The Dollar by omenka(m): 1:46pm On Dec 01, 2014
StarBoard:

I trust you are being sarcastic.
Anyone who believes this is an APC thing needs to be impaled via their Instruments.

That goes for those who support this barbaric government that cannot get anything right. Including the roaches and turds and bottom-feeding larva that are the PDP Internet defence team.
Just trying my brain out at reasoning like a Jonathanian/saTAN.

1 Like

Re: Devaluation: Naira Now N183 To The Dollar by omenka(m): 1:48pm On Dec 01, 2014
PassingShot:

This must be sarcasm I believe. grin grin
Watch how Cankerworms would rush to give me likes!! grin
Re: Devaluation: Naira Now N183 To The Dollar by Adminisher: 1:50pm On Dec 01, 2014
salvatore007:
Badluck dey shine for dis GEJ head woh!

After launchin centenary note d money now lost its value lyk diz...

From one problem 2anoda... oga GEJ pack ur load and GO

This is the gambler's truth. Good luck is a beatiful lady (lady luck). It can stay with you for a short term but will soon leave you without warning. I am not seeing Jona on that seat by May 2015.
Re: Devaluation: Naira Now N183 To The Dollar by saudatu(m): 1:51pm On Dec 01, 2014
GeneralShepherd:
any morning I wake and remember I'm Nigerian, I intuitively know it's going to be a horrible day.

BRO WHY NOW! YOU JUST DO UR THING I PRY TO GOD. COS AS WE ARE LAMENTING THAT NIGERIA IS BAD SOME PEOPLE ARE OUT THERE MAKING THEIR MILLIONS ........
Re: Devaluation: Naira Now N183 To The Dollar by Hiennzy: 1:51pm On Dec 01, 2014
Jonahhhhhhh! Wat don we thee? This ur administration get K leg oooo!! There is God oooo.

Re: Devaluation: Naira Now N183 To The Dollar by Pennywise(m): 1:53pm On Dec 01, 2014
The House of Assembly should hurry up with the impeachment and get it over with.
Re: Devaluation: Naira Now N183 To The Dollar by salvatore007(m): 1:53pm On Dec 01, 2014
Adminisher:

This is the gambler's truth. Good luck is a beatiful lady (lady luck). It can stay with you for a short term but will soon leave you without warning. I am not seeing Jona on that seat by May 2015.

I pray xo oo
Re: Devaluation: Naira Now N183 To The Dollar by onatisi(m): 1:57pm On Dec 01, 2014
stagger:
The CBN should allow the Naira to float to its true level. The true level should be at about N220 to N250. It is only when we start working on our fundamentals that we will get it right.

A weak currency is not always bad; but if a country is a net importer then that will be a disaster.
that seems to be the problem now,nigeria is a net importer of goods .
Re: Devaluation: Naira Now N183 To The Dollar by tonididdy(m): 2:00pm On Dec 01, 2014
More reason why I must collect decembr payment from my clients.

Streetboys dey boom nw
Re: Devaluation: Naira Now N183 To The Dollar by slimzypink(f): 2:02pm On Dec 01, 2014
and I just thought of ordering brazillian hair from aliexpress what d Bleep
Re: Devaluation: Naira Now N183 To The Dollar by Nobody: 2:05pm On Dec 01, 2014
sandraokosun:
when you have a drunk shoeless jonothing ebola thats what you get. He would be jailed by #GMB in 2015
Oga, you are having a serious nightmare! wake up before you lost for dream.
Re: Devaluation: Naira Now N183 To The Dollar by Adex097: 2:06pm On Dec 01, 2014
Codedrock:
Wow... Me currently dancing and jumping..

My adsense earnings go double!

Don't jump yet sire ... Sooner or later, ur Adsense earnings won't be able to purchase half cup of garri. It's not all about the quantity of money u gonna get but the purchasing power . cool

1 Like

Re: Devaluation: Naira Now N183 To The Dollar by boujaye: 2:14pm On Dec 01, 2014
Amhappy:
NIGERIA FAILED TO PLAN

dont worry, its only temporary, better days are ahead, we will be with Gej in good times and in bad times till we get to the promise land.

no matter what, for me and my family, its GEJ till 2019 cool
Re: Devaluation: Naira Now N183 To The Dollar by Remii(m): 2:15pm On Dec 01, 2014
Please what is TAN campaign response to this. I guess they will will say it is worldwide problem.
Re: Devaluation: Naira Now N183 To The Dollar by miky(m): 2:16pm On Dec 01, 2014
no surprises, oil fell to 65 dollars from 70 in just two days..
Re: Devaluation: Naira Now N183 To The Dollar by iykedare(m): 2:30pm On Dec 01, 2014
torhuke:
Tough times don't last...

It's a tough time for GEJ and his administration but I am positive we will get over this..

No cause for alarm.

GEJ till 2019.

[size=18pt]FOOL[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Devaluation: Naira Now N183 To The Dollar by denzelpraiz(m): 2:34pm On Dec 01, 2014
dont stop believeing and praying for nigeria we cant struggle forever one day it will end and that day can be today
Re: Devaluation: Naira Now N183 To The Dollar by noordean(m): 2:39pm On Dec 01, 2014
Nihilist:
Now this news will definitely affect the price of Garri in the market.

The Igwe must hear this

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1594746_10352274_1533952146825886_2576240504666359700_n_jpeg_jpeg95a1a7273e673390a6667176793978d7
bad guy! Na only garri u dey chop? Lemme knw wen garri hits 200naira per congo.
Re: Devaluation: Naira Now N183 To The Dollar by noordean(m): 2:41pm On Dec 01, 2014
abbeyoye2001:
Congrats GEj! We love u die. Waiting for wen dollar will be 350 after the election
and wen ds happens,i will grow wings and fly 2 america
Re: Devaluation: Naira Now N183 To The Dollar by Nobody: 2:42pm On Dec 01, 2014
iykedare:

[size=18pt]FOOL[/size]
you mean your uncle at home.. That one that defiled the lady u brought home to marry is a FOOL? I thought as much.
Re: Devaluation: Naira Now N183 To The Dollar by LaconicINC: 2:44pm On Dec 01, 2014
grin grin grin grin grin grin ex-men
noordean:
and wen ds happens,i will grow wings and fly 2 america
Re: Devaluation: Naira Now N183 To The Dollar by SirAweezy(m): 2:48pm On Dec 01, 2014
gnykelly:
suspend dollar trade. then strategize.

Say it again and hear yourself... Does it stop the fall of your almighty "oil" price.. When you suspend dollar trade where do keep your foreign investors... Your CBN just got served sir!
Re: Devaluation: Naira Now N183 To The Dollar by Leo51(m): 2:49pm On Dec 01, 2014
Good, GEJ, TIL 2015, U MUST LEAVE ABJ TO OTUOKE, I SWEAR, U ARE UNCOUNTABLE,..
Re: Devaluation: Naira Now N183 To The Dollar by Jakeattah(m): 2:53pm On Dec 01, 2014
olapluto:
I predicted 200 naira to a dollar. I still think we will get there.

na prayer?
Re: Devaluation: Naira Now N183 To The Dollar by Michky: 3:00pm On Dec 01, 2014
OnyeEgo1:
As u can c even when the price of oil was up our reserve was still depleted.... We are hopelessly corrupt asin we can't do without it

crocodile politicians
Without corruption, our reserves would be realy high. Gej and his thieves have eaten nigeria to the bone. And to say some crazy heartless people want to still vote him in next year o. What will now happen when he removes fuel subsidy next year? 183 naira per litre! I have not added bokoharam o. Those ones will own half of nigeria soon if this clueless gej clown is not voted out. People, lets be wise. I will VOTE FOR CHANGE in 2015. Buhari will bring Nigeria back to glory days.

1 Like

Re: Devaluation: Naira Now N183 To The Dollar by gnykelly(m): 3:03pm On Dec 01, 2014
SirAweezy:

Say it again and hear yourself... Does it stop the fall of your almighty "oil" price.. When you suspend dollar trade where do keep your foreign investors... Your CBN just got served sir!
no it doesn't stop the oil price falling down. but importer are putting too much pressure on our foreign reserves.
much of foreign investment is not in the real.
if the naira keeps devaluing. savings would be worth less. and the direct resultant will be on the common man.
Re: Devaluation: Naira Now N183 To The Dollar by kolaaderin: 3:08pm On Dec 01, 2014
Max24:

Of course APC cannot be absolved of this blame. And NOI is the last person to blame. The woman had long before now been asking for saving for the rainy day but the govs, especially APC govs, were against savings. They prefer to spend everything. Thats why they are mostly indebted today.They are even in the Supreme court as we speak over the Sovereign Wealth Fund(SWF) which NOI proposed as a way of saving for the rainy day but rejected by them. They wanted all incomes to be shared and spent immediately. I remember Tinubu and Atiku calling NOI a voodoo economist over this. Now her predictions have come true. Almost all the states have no savings except the federal government. So, dont even think APC is free of this. They are the biggest culprits.

The Tanoids has started pushing blames again to the opposition, they will never accept their failure. ^^^^ what is wrong with ur brain, ur pay masters (PDP) are catastrophic Failure. U REALLY NEED JESUS IN UR LIFE FOR U TO THINK PROPERLY.

1 Like

Re: Devaluation: Naira Now N183 To The Dollar by GeneralShepherd(m): 3:14pm On Dec 01, 2014
saudatu:

BRO WHY NOW! YOU JUST DO UR THING I PRY TO GOD. COS AS WE ARE LAMENTING THAT NIGERIA IS BAD SOME PEOPLE ARE OUT THERE MAKING THEIR MILLIONS ........

That there are rich people does not mean that nigeria is prosperous.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

List Of Professional Bodies And Associations In Nigeria With Their Websites / Nigerians Living Abroad Have To Travel Back Home To Get BVN In Banks?? / Naira Hits ₦1,000/$ Ahead Of CBN Sale To BDCs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.