Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,821 members, 7,828,006 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:15 PM

How Much To Cover A 3-BR Flat - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Much To Cover A 3-BR Flat (4099 Views)

For Sale: A 3 B/r Flat In A Block Of 6 Flats At Abesan, Iyana-ipaja. N4m. / Roofing A 3 Bedroom Block Of 4 Flat In Lagos / 4 Nos 3 Br Semi-detach Bugalows @ Gwagwalada Abuja 4 Sale Good For Hostel + Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much To Cover A 3-BR Flat by suxes2005(m): 7:11pm On Dec 01, 2014
Hello gurus in the house,

spyder et all, how much - in rough estimate does it
take to cover a 3-br flat.

Using highly durable ceilings and roofs.

Just need a rough quote please. Just tell me the
range of what it will cost inclyuding work man sheep smiley

~ Sheyi
Re: How Much To Cover A 3-BR Flat by cmoney22222: 8:56pm On Dec 01, 2014
suxes2005:

~ Sheyi

Following
Re: How Much To Cover A 3-BR Flat by mufutau55(m): 9:32pm On Dec 01, 2014
Do a search... Everything depends on what you want, the nature of the land etc.

Below is one, contact the guy thru email or on his thread. (see the posted pic too)

https://www.nairaland.com/1428136/affordable-3-bedroom-bungalow-nairalanders

Hajji M.

Re: How Much To Cover A 3-BR Flat by kudiman: 10:53pm On Dec 01, 2014
Sheyi sobayo wants to build a house..IM is paying..travel sef join.

suxes2005:

~ Sheyi
Re: How Much To Cover A 3-BR Flat by drkay(m): 6:15am On Dec 02, 2014
Like Hajji Mufutau said, It depends on the size of ur building, location and the materials u will like to use. I just did the roofing of my house in abeokuta last week(3bdroom, all en suit). We used asbestos for the roofing and ceiling. I spent about 700k, including the 50k spent on buying drinks and paying the omoniles.
Re: How Much To Cover A 3-BR Flat by suxes2005(m): 10:27am On Dec 07, 2014
drkay:
Like Hajji Mufutau said, It depends on the size of ur building, location and the materials u will like to use. I just did the roofing of my house in abeokuta last week(3bdroom, all en suit). We used asbestos for the roofing and ceiling. I spent about 700k, including the 50k spent on buying drinks and paying the omoniles.

Are you kidding me? Can you kindly share the
pictures please? The is the same thing I have
in mind.

Just a simple 3 BR, all en suit, plan to use asbestos
for the roofing and ceiling.

700k? For materials alone abi work man ship? lol

~ Sheyi
Re: How Much To Cover A 3-BR Flat by suxes2005(m): 10:37am On Dec 07, 2014
mufutau55:
Do a search... Everything depends on what you want, the nature of the land etc.

Below is one, contact the guy thru email or on his thread. (see the posted pic too)

https://www.nairaland.com/1428136/affordable-3-bedroom-bungalow-nairalanders

Hajji M.

Thanks Hajj, I've contacted him and hope he'll give
me the best quote. I am only looking for something
normal not some big time ish.

~ Sheyi
Re: How Much To Cover A 3-BR Flat by Nobody: 11:17am On Dec 07, 2014
it depends on the roofing sheet u want to use. You can budget 850k.
i spent abt 380k on to do my carcass. The workmanship was 18k both for carcass and ceiling. Also ,mine was on a slopy ground and needed more construction to level out. The quote i have for the roofing sheet are as folows;
longspan - 376510
step tiles- 450640

The above are for coloured sheets. For plain colour sheet, it is close to 100k diff .

Your location and roof measurement determines the cost.

Nb - mine is double one bedroom flat. if the dimension is put together, it think it shld be a 4bedroom or atleast 3bedroom. Also note that my friend supervises the work himself. so no additional cost of supervision. He is using the same labourers that built his duplex on my site too.
He was a builder b4 he went to university and got banking job. Infact, most of the work done in his duplex was done by himself and at night cos as at the time he was building, the youths of the village were disturbing.

modified. The prices on my quote are for different roofing sheets. i can either go with long span or step tile or just aluminium.

There is even a thread in is property section that helps you calculate the estimate for your roofing, but u have to get the measurement of the house first.

1 Like

Re: How Much To Cover A 3-BR Flat by drkay(m): 12:27pm On Dec 07, 2014
suxes2005:

Are you kidding me? Can you kindly share the
pictures please? The is the same thing I have
in mind.

Just a simple 3 BR, all en suit, plan to use asbestos
for the roofing and ceiling.

700k? For materials alone abi work man ship? lol

~ Sheyi

I was dere yesterday but it didn't occur to me to take the pix. I'll be going there next friday insha Allah. I'll upload it. It wud have been cheaper than this if I had bought a good tree that I can get the required planks from by myself, I'll just employ the service of an operator (alamo ile) instead of buying it at the sawmill but its a long process and I don't want to have problem with foresters. To cut costs, get somebody who has a good knowlege abt roofing, get quotations frm at least 3 builders, pick the most sensible quotation, the experienced person u get with help u to scrutinize the list and guild u through. Purchase the materials yourself at a good company, and supervise the roofing urself. U'll get cheap labour around. Mine took me 6days(laying of planks; 3days, putting the sheet; a day, ceiling 2 days). I stayed with them throughout and I made a lot of discoveries. Everything was bought in excess despite the fact that I picked the least quotation.

1 Like

Re: How Much To Cover A 3-BR Flat by suxes2005(m): 2:29pm On Dec 07, 2014
drkay:

I was dere yesterday but it didn't occur to me to take the pix. I'll be going there next friday insha Allah. I'll upload it. It wud have been cheaper than this if I had bought a good tree that I can get the required planks from by myself, I'll just employ the service of an operator (alamo ile) instead of buying it at the sawmill but its a long process and I don't want to have problem with foresters. To cut costs, get somebody who has a good knowlege abt roofing, get quotations frm at least 3 builders, pick the most sensible quotation, the experienced person u get with help u to scrutinize the list and guild u through. Purchase the materials yourself at a good company, and supervise the roofing urself. U'll get cheap labour around. Mine took me 6days(laying of planks; 3days, putting the sheet; a day, ceiling 2 days). I stayed with them throughout and I made a lot of discoveries. Everything was bought in excess despite the fact that I picked the least quotation.

Thank you. So, let's say 750k for the ceiling and roofing.

What about the woods? How much did you get em and what
type did you get? Kindly take pictures and i will be happy
to see the quotation you finally choose and if possible, link
me with the person.

Thanks

mercylicious:
it depends on the roofing sheet u want to use. You can budget 850k.
i spent abt 380k on to do my carcass. The workmanship was 18k both for carcass and ceiling. Also ,mine was on a slopy ground and needed more construction to level out. The quote i have for the roofing sheet are as folows;
longspan - 376510
step tiles- 450640
The above are for coloured sheets. For plain colour sheet, it is close to 100k diff .
Your location and roof measurement determines the cost.
Nb - mine is double one bedroom flat. if the dimension is put together, it think it shld be a 4bedroom or atleast 3bedroom. Also note that my friend supervises the work himself. so no additional cost of supervision. He is using the same labourers that built his duplex on my site too.
He was a builder b4 he went to university and got banking job. Infact, most of the work done in his duplex was done by himself and at night cos as at the time he was building, the youths of the village were disturbing.

Thanks for stopping by. The thing is I even forgot there is
going to be woods. I was given the quote on phone as I'm
currently not around.

Thanks for your concern brother.

~ Sheyi
Re: How Much To Cover A 3-BR Flat by drkay(m): 3:31pm On Dec 07, 2014
suxes2005:

Thank you. So, let's say 750k for the ceiling and roofing.

What about the woods? How much did you get em and what
type did you get? Kindly take pictures and i will be happy
to see the quotation you finally choose and if possible, link
me with the person.

Thanks

Thanks for stopping by. The thing is I even forgot there is
going to be woods. I was given the quote on phone as I'm
currently not around.

Thanks for your concern brother.

~ Sheyi

I'll do that at my leisure time but I wundnt be able to link you with the man that helped me with mine unless your site is in abeokuta and u'll be around to things yourself. I trust him but I hate being a middle man.
Re: How Much To Cover A 3-BR Flat by phoenix480(m): 4:03pm On Dec 07, 2014
In terms of blocks, a 3-bedroom structure should use roughly 3,500 blocks.

At a rate of N140 per block, that equates to N490,000.

Incase the sums seem overwhelming, the construction can be done at different stages, with little regular contributions. If you decide to wait until you have N5million before starting, i just may never happen. My Uncle as an artisan never spent more than N25,000 at a go (before roofing) and eventually completed a 3-bedroom bungalow. He's currently plastering a twin 3-bedroom structure (gulping about 5,000 blocks).
Re: How Much To Cover A 3-BR Flat by Nobody: 4:42pm On Dec 07, 2014
phoenix480:

Incase the sums seem overwhelming, the construction can be done at different stages, with little regular contributions. If you decide to wait until you have N5million before starting, i just may never happen. My Uncle as an artisan never spent more than N25,000 at a go (before roofing) and eventually completed a 3-bedroom bungalow. He's currently plastering a twin 3-bedroom structure (gulping about 5,000 blocks).

This post made me re-read the subject.
@op, by cover, do u mean roofing it or building from foundation?
I assume you meant roofing an already existing 3bedroom.

Nb- Here in Anambra, we buy 6inches hollow block at N100 . This was b4 the reduction in price of cement. I cant remember how muc they sell 9 inches block but am sure its not more than 120.

1 Like

Re: How Much To Cover A 3-BR Flat by suxes2005(m): 10:10am On Dec 08, 2014
phoenix480:

Thanks for your concern. Not building from scratch.

Moreso, it was kind of a big project, the land is an acre of land so
had to do the fence together with this building project

mercylicious:

This post made me re-read the subject.
@op, by cover, do u mean roofing it or building from foundation?
I assume you meant roofing an already existing 3bedroom.
Nb- Here in Anambra, we buy 6inches hollow block at N100 . This was b4 the reduction in price of cement. I cant remember how muc they sell 9 inches block but am sure its not more than 120.

Yes. Ceiling and roofing including the planks.

The issue od N1000 per cement bag, is it true?
How much is cement been sold there now?

Just want to cover the building with a long lasting
material.

~ Sheyi

(1) (Reply)

3D WALL PANEL, WALL PAPER, HOUSE PAINTING, POP CEILING & ALLIED INTERIOR DECOR / Plastering & Rendering A Duplex / Our Bulletin Of Available Properties! UPDATED....H.H&M

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.