Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,957 members, 7,835,188 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:48 AM

What Should A 20yr Old Girl Do?? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Should A 20yr Old Girl Do?? (1164 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Should A 20yr Old Girl Do?? by katty40(f): 8:06am On Dec 02, 2014
Seriously!the quest of seeking admission into a nigerian university is almost an impossible mission(atleast for me )and seriously am tired of sitting around doing nothing,,,,I had always had these dream of owning a boutique and a restaurant,but how do I tell my folks this is what I want without hurting there feelings(I come from a family of business people, common why should it be so hard to understand that this is what i really want!!)Hmmmm"""what do i do summon the courage and tell them,or KEEP APPLYING??
Re: What Should A 20yr Old Girl Do?? by ITbomb(m): 10:05am On Dec 02, 2014
You shouldn't be sitting around doing nothing while waiting for JAMB, the one year wait is enough to get you some skills before you start school.

Consider this.
Imagine you start cloth business or hair stylist (new name for hair dressers lol) or catering, then you get admission. What happen is that you are now getting more market and free publicity from your course mates. The year one might be tough (I advise you would slow down a bit for the year) but second year up will be relatively easier.

There is absolutely no harm in starting a business or learning a skill (hair, catering, beads, computer) while you keep trying the jamb and if you get admission for Polytechnic instead, I advise you go for it.

Nothing sweet pass making money while in school instead of spending and relying on guys.

2 Likes

Re: What Should A 20yr Old Girl Do?? by dhope: 12:03pm On Dec 02, 2014
i dont know ur locatn because i used to hear among ladies dt bead work plus hat making generate reasonable income for pple doing it on part time basis. but if u hav passion for programming,i'd advise u just learn anyone be it java or C#. it doesnt matter whether ure in dt line b4 and it is nt compulsory u study computer in tertiary schl BUT u MUST hav passion for it else lay ur hand on anything dt u hav passion for and gives u happiness while doing it

1 Like

Re: What Should A 20yr Old Girl Do?? by Nobody: 4:41pm On Dec 02, 2014
congratulations girl. I am writting you just to encourage you. You see, whatever step you are destined to follow in life will always hunt you from inside. So, my advise to you is: FOLLOW YOUR HEART. Don't allow anything to distract you; focus on your dream - what you love to do and in some years to come (mark this): you shall be in position to help your friends financially. Good luck to you my dear. See you at the top.

1 Like

Re: What Should A 20yr Old Girl Do?? by austine4real(m): 6:39pm On Dec 02, 2014
katty40:
Seriously!the quest of seeking admission into a nigerian university is almost an impossible mission(atleast for me )and seriously am tired of sitting around doing nothing,,,,I had always had these dream of owning a boutique and a restaurant,but how do I tell my folks this is what I want without hurting there feelings(I come from a family of business people, common why should it be so hard to understand that this is what i really want!!)Hmmmm"""what do i do summon the courage and tell them,or KEEP APPLYING??
go apply 4 nation open uni

1 Like

Re: What Should A 20yr Old Girl Do?? by austine4real(m): 6:41pm On Dec 02, 2014
katty40:
go&apply 4 national open uni u'll b workin&learnin@ d same time

1 Like

Re: What Should A 20yr Old Girl Do?? by katty40(f): 10:57am On Dec 03, 2014
Thank so much guys"""I rili appreciate it,,,am gonna put all ur options into consideration. thank you!!

(1) (Reply)

Teaching Job / Fosad Consulting Limited Recruiting (5 Positions) / A Young Oil & Gas Company In Jibowu(lagos) Need An Account Assistant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.