Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,771 members, 7,817,139 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:58 AM

Enyeama Appreciates Fans, Congratulates Brahimi On BBC Award - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Enyeama Appreciates Fans, Congratulates Brahimi On BBC Award (746 Views)

Onazi Congratulates Girlfriend, Sandra, On NYSC Completion (PHOTO) / Chelsea FC Appreciates Fans In Nigeria(picture) / Yacine Brahimi Wins BBC African Footballer Of The Year 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enyeama Appreciates Fans, Congratulates Brahimi On BBC Award by amoss: 8:44am On Dec 02, 2014
Despite not winning the BBC Africa Footballer of the year, Nigeria and Lille FC goalie,
Vincent Enyeama has sent out congratulatory message to Algeria's Yacine Brahimi for winning the BBC award.

The Super Eagles goalkeeper also thanked everyone who cast a vote for him during the selection process.

''I want to say a big thank you to everyone that made a shout out for me,that voted for me for the bbcafricnfootballeroftheyear2014.''- Enyeama said on his Instagram page.

''God bless una well well and congratulations to the Algerian guy #yacine brahimi who won it #proudlyafrica.''

Yacine Brahimi plies his trade in the Portuguese league for FC Porto and he beat Enyema and Ivorian Yaya Toure to clinch the award as voted by football fans across the globe.

In the spirit of sportsmanship, this is good.

Read more strories here>> http://sportstalkwithamos..com/
Re: Enyeama Appreciates Fans, Congratulates Brahimi On BBC Award by holatin(m): 8:47am On Dec 02, 2014
k goalkeeper
Re: Enyeama Appreciates Fans, Congratulates Brahimi On BBC Award by Elcemento(m): 8:49am On Dec 02, 2014
Eyeama no worry,you are already a champion in our minds.

CHECK MY PROFILE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!! undecided undecided undecided
Re: Enyeama Appreciates Fans, Congratulates Brahimi On BBC Award by Nobody: 8:49am On Dec 02, 2014
He's left with no other choice sad
Re: Enyeama Appreciates Fans, Congratulates Brahimi On BBC Award by abuchilag: 8:52am On Dec 02, 2014
This guy's spirit of sportsmanship is quite exemplary. Weldone bro....wish you luck in the African footballer of the year contest.

1 Like

Re: Enyeama Appreciates Fans, Congratulates Brahimi On BBC Award by Goke7: 9:36am On Dec 02, 2014
Shame on all of us as Nigerians, we only specialize in analyzing our players' and coaches' failure but when they excel, we say it is by luck.

Enyeama lost not because the algerian is better than him but because as Nigerians we fail to appreciate our own by failing to vote for enyeama massively, From the moment BBC came out to solicit for votes, [ I used two lines to vote for Enyeama] I heard guys on this forum say that they voted for Yaya and that Enyeama do not deserve the award, We tried to wake up from our slumber after the game against congo just because enyeama saved a penalty but alas it was too late.

This shows as Nigerians we are still immature [ plastic fans] and not ready to assume our so called status of Giant of Africa, perhaps we are big for nothing, no wonder we fail to qualify for afcon, if we think its keshi's fault or that of the players, let's think again perhaps we don't honour our own as expected, when we won the last afcon, even sports journalists and so called analysts said it was a fluke.

If we continue to have this mentality, even Benin Republic will soon start asking for visa before we enter their country. Its the way we lay our bed, that we'll lie on it. Think Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Enyeama Appreciates Fans, Congratulates Brahimi On BBC Award by amoss: 1:01pm On Dec 02, 2014
@Goke, I respect ur opinion.
I also think many Nigerians voted, but obviously we didn't do enough.
For my as a blogger, i published, twitted and shared on my fb pages
and am sure some of my followers and friends did too.
I fear if anyone can snatch the Glo award from Yaya.
Lets just hope the future will be better, thats what we are left with.
Re: Enyeama Appreciates Fans, Congratulates Brahimi On BBC Award by Goke7: 1:28pm On Dec 02, 2014
amoss:
@Goke, I respect ur opinion.
I also think many Nigerians voted, but obviously we didn't do enough.
For my as a blogger, i published, twitted and shared on my fb pages
and am sure some of my followers and friends did too.
I fear if anyone can snatch the Glo award from Yaya.
Lets just hope the future will be better, thats what we are left with.

The Glo Caf award is based on votes from African coaches and its up to them whatever they feel, but we all had a chance with the BBC award with our votes as fans, but it seems what most of us do is to tear down ourselves with our comments on social media.

Big ups to you and weldone, I just hope we change with time.

1 Like

Re: Enyeama Appreciates Fans, Congratulates Brahimi On BBC Award by amoss: 1:37pm On Dec 02, 2014
hahahhahaha ''tear down ourselves'' you said.
lol
Re: Enyeama Appreciates Fans, Congratulates Brahimi On BBC Award by Krasid(m): 4:13pm On Dec 02, 2014
If the voting was truly used to determine the winner, then i think yaya toure or enyeama would have won.I believe the winner had already been decided.
Re: Enyeama Appreciates Fans, Congratulates Brahimi On BBC Award by M4gunners: 4:18pm On Dec 02, 2014
You are also a winner

(1) (Reply)

Unbelievable ! Nigeria In Group E! / Don Domingo Secondary Sch Warri In The Milo Basketball Champ Final / Enyeama, Onazi Make Fun Of NFF Sanction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.