Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,788 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

Be Prepared! Get Ready! Possible Internet Content Loss - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Be Prepared! Get Ready! Possible Internet Content Loss (529 Views)

Internet Without Data Connection - Get Ready Nigeria / Get Ready, Smart Roads A'coming! / Get Ready Nigerians World Ends 2032 As 1300 Ft Asteroid Head For Earth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Be Prepared! Get Ready! Possible Internet Content Loss by WhiteTyre: 5:06pm On Dec 02, 2014
Since the emergence of the Internet,life has been made easier for man;with the backing up and storage of vital documents online,the writing of exams online, the list goes on.Infact, it seems like all our lives depend on the world wide web, and its equialents.We never want to think that one day,we log on the www,and we are unable to find anything.
If that happens,maybe due to a powerful bug,a giant virus, a mighty worm,and the citizens and institutions(corporate and government) of the world wake up to see a blank internet, seding us back to the days of the
- Hello World! -
What would we do?
With millions of jobs lost, records of criminals wiped off, loans cancelled, demographic reports gone, et cetera ad infinitum.
This is not a threat! Neither am I prophesying doom. But, it just came to my mind, and felt I should tell those 'who have ears to hear'.
Please, world, make a print out of all your important document, and keep the hard copies safely. Or, save your documents in a safe disk
I hereby rest my case.

1 Like

Re: Be Prepared! Get Ready! Possible Internet Content Loss by praises16: 5:49pm On Dec 02, 2014
on point
Re: Be Prepared! Get Ready! Possible Internet Content Loss by WhiteTyre: 7:03pm On Dec 04, 2014
praises16:
on point
Spread the word

(1) (Reply)

Vertical Roller Mill Equipment Spacing Adjust / Free Bulksms / Airtel Downloading Unlimitedly Free On Android Using Droidvpn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.