Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,048 members, 7,953,165 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:39 AM

What The Hell Is Wrong With Our Digital Consumption??? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / What The Hell Is Wrong With Our Digital Consumption??? (476 Views)

4 Blogging Sins That May Push You Into A Hell Of Failures - Mi Muba / SEUN!!! Who The Hell Is Justdumb Abi Is It Justwise / What Is Wrong With Yahoo Mail? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What The Hell Is Wrong With Our Digital Consumption??? by hemekhar(m): 10:28pm On Dec 02, 2014
Sitting in a bus on my way home, this idea hit me, “A way to sell digital goods online”, my target market were content creators primarily focusing on bloggers and other media entrepreneurs. Grateful for having a little subscription left on my ipad, I began to google the possibilities here in Nigeria.

Considering the proliferation of smart gadgets in Nigeria, the search results were not encouraging, turns out only forex people have ebooks; at least according to google, the rest were salespages showing account numbers for internet marketing products.

I really do not know the cause, is it that our bloggers are not producing ebooks or instructional videos?, there is no medium to sell? Or there really is no market?, I really don’t want to think it’s the market in Nigeria because I see hawkers and bookshops everyday restocking which is not possible if there are no buyers.

I really think the answer lies in our tech literacy, many Nigerians who own smart devices would rather use Instagram, ping, play games and off course…… selfies!, not that there’s anything bad in doing any of them, heck, I do all but we need to realize that these gadgets are made for more than that.

Many of the things I know today are as a result of the ebooks I bought last year or that inspirational video I watched or the podcasts I’m subscribed to, in fact, I just paused this episode of the Smart Passive Income podcast to write this post.

Digital goods is one of the offspring’s of the internet , the beauty and convenience of just imputing your card details and then redirected to a download page is very priceless, but I wonder why we don’t take advantage of it in Nigeria.

Content creators also have a fault in this, common guys, it’s 2014, how come we still see you lot still putting your account numbers on your salespages?, there are more than a dozen products like commission junction, gumroad, selz etc and other info product services that would enable you sell your ebook or your next seminar for very minimal cost, why do you stress your buyers by making them stay on a very long queue behind a counter just to pay at most N3000 for your book?

This also defeats the purpose of ecommerce like the cash on delivery in my ecommerce post, it’s no longer ecommerce when the transaction no longer takes place electronically

More on this here...../p4rIt7-2a

(1) (Reply)

Webmasters Will Like This! / Xmas Gift! Get 15 Money Making Ebooks For Free / Create Free Web Site 100% Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.