Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,983 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

Should Parent's Stop Financing Their Daughter Because She's Getting Married? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should Parent's Stop Financing Their Daughter Because She's Getting Married? (2527 Views)

What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? / I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month / "I Started Having Sex With My Daughter Because I'm Not Her Biological Father" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Parent's Stop Financing Their Daughter Because She's Getting Married? by silvoice(m): 5:40pm On Dec 13, 2014
EfemenaXY:

Na wa o!

Come, are you the girl's fiancee? You wan marry but yet you want your prospective father-in-law to foot the bills for you while you shag his daughter? If you're feeling squeamish over taking the financial reins, then perhaps you should let the girl concentrate and finish her schooling while the father continues footing the bills.

You can't eat your cake and have it.
don't tak it personal okay? She might be my sister, i might be playing a fatherly role or fiancee role or jus a friend. It has nothin to do wit d question am asking
Re: Should Parent's Stop Financing Their Daughter Because She's Getting Married? by EfemenaXY: 5:47pm On Dec 13, 2014
silvoice:
don't tak it personal okay? She might be my sister, i might be playing a fatherly role or fiancee role or jus a friend. It has nothin to do wit d question am asking

On the contrary, it has everything to do with the question, okay?

It's not impossible that you might be the aggrieved fiancee pissed off at his prospective father-in-law for snapping shut his purse strings... cheesy
Re: Should Parent's Stop Financing Their Daughter Because She's Getting Married? by silvoice(m): 6:15pm On Dec 13, 2014
Since it's difficult 4 us 2 ans. A simple question, let me ans. It. My opinion: it's wrong because if d girl did nt kno dat her parent wil suddenly witdraw finance and she knew her fiancee has been doin his best, she wil feel either her parents don't want her 2 marry her man or they don't want her to marry yet despite her age.

Or
It is right because she has chosen to set up her own family and at such should not benefit again from her parents.
Re: Should Parent's Stop Financing Their Daughter Because She's Getting Married? by silvoice(m): 6:20pm On Dec 13, 2014
okay?
Re: Should Parent's Stop Financing Their Daughter Because She's Getting Married? by silvoice(m): 6:51pm On Dec 13, 2014
EfemenaXY:

It's not impossible that you might be the aggrieved fiancee pissed off at his prospective father-in-law for snapping shut his purse strings... cheesy
cool
EfemenaXY:

Re: Should Parent's Stop Financing Their Daughter Because She's Getting Married? by EfemenaXY: 7:20pm On Dec 13, 2014
silvoice:
Since it's difficult 4 us 2 ans. A simple question, let me ans. It. My opinion: it's wrong because if d girl did nt kno dat her parent wil suddenly witdraw finance and she knew her fiancee has been doin his best, she wil feel either her parents don't want her 2 marry her man or they don't want her to marry yet despite her age.

Or
It is right because she has chosen to set up her own family and at such should not benefit again from her parents.

Wow!!

Entitlement mentality at it's peak.

You and your girlfriend should get off your backsides and make your own money. Stop depending on the bank of mum and dad.
Re: Should Parent's Stop Financing Their Daughter Because She's Getting Married? by Missmossy(f): 7:54pm On Dec 13, 2014
Its a good thing when both partners can stand on their feet and assert a great level of independence.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Will You Do If You Saw This After-wedding Picture Of Yours / Please Can Somebody Tell Me What This Small Boy Is Looking At? / My Husband Set Me Up, Slowly I Fall Into It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.