Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,814 members, 7,817,359 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

Opinion: Street OT, Olamide’s Worst Album So Far - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Opinion: Street OT, Olamide’s Worst Album So Far (1086 Views)

Download Olamide- Street-ot Full Album Tracks / DOWNLOAD: Olamide – Street OT “ Full Album” | Snippets | Zip File / Best Album So Far In 2006? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion: Street OT, Olamide’s Worst Album So Far by DeYizY(m): 3:24pm On Dec 03, 2014
Olamide’s fans anticipated his album with so much expectations after he made the announcement that he would be releasing his fourth album before the year runs out. Badoo as he is also called by his fans,didn’t disappoint in terms of releasing the album on time as he promised, but might have disappointed his fans with the content of the album.
Street OT,Olamide’s fourth studio Album, was released on 14th of November 2014, and ever since mixed reactions have followed. Before you read on, I would like you to know I am not from Olympus,that means I may not be 100% correct, of course its my Opinion naw. So in details let’s see what Olamide had for us in the album.

Shallow content
In Nigeria that we live in,a musician songs decreases in quality as the musician increases in fame and money, Street OT album is a pure testimony to that. Olamide who used to have songs with meaningful and interesting content now gives us what I call ‘Rush Rush’ songs. Although its obvious that he did this album in a rush maybe to satisfy his fans or because of the rise in demand for his songs following the success of ‘Story for the gods’ but I think his preceding albums are more meaningful . Not withstanding, the Street OT album also gat some wonderful tracks like the ground breaking ‘story for the gods’ the funny ‘up in the club’ the touching ‘ Hustle loyalty respect’ and more.

Street boy to the core…
As we all know,Olamide always reps the street in almost almost everything he does and songs on Street OT album are not excepted, with songs like ‘Hood Rap’,’Hustle Loyalty and Respect’,’Up in Club’ e.t.c reping the streets to the fullest . His love for the street has made his fan base grow with each song he releases,making the guys on the street happy they have a voice in the music industry. Well I think this ‘street’ thing has taking him as far as it can ,if he ever wants to expand beyond the borders of this country I think he should up his game and reduce the Street Street Street… cuz they are getting boring these days.

Collaborations
Olamide made good collaborations on this album but some songs had the wrong artists on them. Let’s take for example the ‘Oga Nla’ track, Pasuma who is also known as Oga Nla was of course the right choice for the chorus,but what I didn’t understand was what lil Kesh was doing on that track,he was just fumbling I must confess I didn’t feel him on that track,but he did a great job on the ‘Usain Bolt P’ track. I love skelemba!
Production
Production was very much satisfying, as he made use of his ‘personal’ producers BBanks, Pheelz and Young john.

Conclusion
The album was below expectations as we have seen Olamide do better than this in the past. This album doesn’t show Olamide at his Prime as the songs on this album are no better than what he has given us in the past.

Rating: 3.0/5.0

@yizy_rocks

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Street OT, Olamide’s Worst Album So Far by morefire: 3:27pm On Dec 03, 2014
that album was bad mehn
Re: Opinion: Street OT, Olamide’s Worst Album So Far by monemsis(m): 3:30pm On Dec 03, 2014
U re 100% right ... Olamide's street street tin is getting boring , he lacks versatility
Re: Opinion: Street OT, Olamide’s Worst Album So Far by RAKITIC: 3:38pm On Dec 03, 2014
Ok
Re: Opinion: Street OT, Olamide’s Worst Album So Far by DeYizY(m): 4:15pm On Dec 03, 2014
morefire:
that album was bad mehn
Bad as in bad bad or Good bad?
Re: Opinion: Street OT, Olamide’s Worst Album So Far by morefire: 4:27pm On Dec 03, 2014
DeYizY:

Bad as in bad bad or Good bad?

was very very far from good
Re: Opinion: Street OT, Olamide’s Worst Album So Far by DeYizY(m): 4:40pm On Dec 03, 2014
morefire:

was very very far from good
K I get now
Re: Opinion: Street OT, Olamide’s Worst Album So Far by dammytosh: 2:29pm On Dec 04, 2014
I bought it and I av been rocking it since then.

There are a lot of nice tracks there.

You should have written a one liner on each track and at the end of the day you will see that it is not a bad album after all.

I rate it above MI's album in my opinion.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Street OT, Olamide’s Worst Album So Far by Horlarmiday(m): 1:45pm On Jan 04, 2015
Yup,it was so much below expectations.

(1) (Reply)

Obaflow / VIDEO: Wale Ft. Olamide X Davido – Fine Girl [DOWNLOAD] / Mr. Eazi's Leg Over Makes Me Feel Weird And A Bit Sad.am I Normal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.