Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,196 members, 7,818,652 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:52 PM

Beware Of Abuja Mechanics ! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Beware Of Abuja Mechanics ! (1006 Views)

If Nigerian Mechanics Were Medical Doctors / Mechanics And The Pranks They Play On Car Owners. Share Your Experience / Beware Of Catalyst Stealing Mechanics, Welders And Car Dealers!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware Of Abuja Mechanics ! by josieboy55(m): 5:14pm On Dec 03, 2014
This afternoon i decided to go out wit my car, all of a sudden the check engine light was flashing and d car vibrating so i decided to drive out to the mechanic .

i asked him what could be the cause of d blinking light and vibration? , he boldy said d adjuster . i laughed within myself cos wat d Bleep does d adjuster has to do with this . i took my car drove back home went straight to the internet and googled d problem.

All signs pointed towards plug or coil . i opened d bonnet and tightened all d coils , guess what

check engine light went off no more vibration.

my first car was a honda accord 1994 model and it ws destroyed by mechanics . didn't use it up to 6 months .
now them wan come spoil my Honda Accord 2005 model

Any issues u ve wit ur car please check d internet b4 giving it to Trial and Error Mechanics .

i think u need a scanner too
Re: Beware Of Abuja Mechanics ! by MANGAM(m): 5:34pm On Dec 03, 2014
Thanks for sharing Bro
Re: Beware Of Abuja Mechanics ! by klodike(m): 6:27pm On Dec 03, 2014
True the internet is your friend.
Re: Beware Of Abuja Mechanics ! by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:25pm On Dec 03, 2014
josieboy55:
This afternoon i decided to go out wit my car, all of a sudden the check engine light was flashing and d car vibrating so i decided to drive out to the mechanic .

i asked him what could be the cause of d blinking light and vibration? , he boldy said d adjuster . i laughed within myself cos wat d Bleep does d adjuster has to do with this . i took my car drove back home went straight to the internet and googled d problem.

All signs pointed towards plug or coil . i opened d bonnet and tightened all d coils , guess what

check engine light went off no more vibration.

my first car was a honda accord 1994 model and it ws destroyed by mechanics . didn't use it up to 6 months .
now them wan come spoil my Honda Accord 2005 model

Any issues u ve wit ur car please check d internet b4 giving it to Trial and Error Mechanics .

i think u need a scanner too

Plugs or coils do not get unscrewed by them selves.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Abuja Mechanics ! by Nobody: 8:58pm On Dec 03, 2014
GAZZUZZ:

Plugs or coils do not get unscrewed by them selves.

True, but I feel the OP's mecho is another Kazeem.
Re: Beware Of Abuja Mechanics ! by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:06pm On Dec 03, 2014
lomomike:

True, but I feel the OP's mecho is another Kazeem.

Chai!! Kazeem!!! Thank God my car key is in my glove box compartment all the time, till further notice.

Have not replaced the alternator, but iv bought it. Will be in lag this weekend and do the nessessary repairs.
Re: Beware Of Abuja Mechanics ! by billy187(m): 9:08pm On Dec 03, 2014
If you looked around your mech's workshop, you would have noticed a neat tokunbo camry discreetly parked in a corner. That was your mech's x'mas gift to himself....he hasn't finished paying for it. That was where you were supposed to come in.

You penny pinching miser, you grin

2 Likes

Re: Beware Of Abuja Mechanics ! by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:28pm On Dec 03, 2014
billy187:
If you looked around your mech's workshop, you would have noticed a neat tokunbo camry discreetly parked in a corner. That was your mech's x'mas gift to himself....he hasn't finished paying for it. That was where you were supposed to come in.

You penny pinching miser, you grin
grin
grin
Re: Beware Of Abuja Mechanics ! by Nobody: 9:06pm On Dec 04, 2014
Most importantly you need a scanner.

(1) (Reply)

Do You Know What Could Be Wrong With Your Vehicle Fuel Pump? / CLK 350 / Photos: Meet The Fastest Car In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.