Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,515 members, 7,819,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

John Boyega In The New Star Wars Movie Has Nigerian Parents - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / John Boyega In The New Star Wars Movie Has Nigerian Parents (1404 Views)

Which Korean Movie Has The Best Sound Track? / Which Movie Has The Most Scary Werewolf? / Kayode Oresanya A New Star On Britain Got Talent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

John Boyega In The New Star Wars Movie Has Nigerian Parents by LordReed(m): 7:53am On Dec 04, 2014
I was curious about the name Boyega, it sounded so Yoruba so I googled him and of course his parents are Nigerian!

I was already excited about the new Star Wars movie this makes it even more exciting for me. John Boyega is shaping up to be a big time star like Chinwetel.

I am glad that Nigerian progeny are making something of themselves.

Fyne boi!

Star Wars Yeah!
Re: John Boyega In The New Star Wars Movie Has Nigerian Parents by tobtap: 8:42am On Dec 04, 2014
yeah....wish him well
Re: John Boyega In The New Star Wars Movie Has Nigerian Parents by GJames(m): 3:18pm On Dec 04, 2014
So you just found out
Re: John Boyega In The New Star Wars Movie Has Nigerian Parents by LordReed(m): 3:55pm On Dec 04, 2014
GJames:
So you just found out

Yes sir.
Re: John Boyega In The New Star Wars Movie Has Nigerian Parents by optimusprime2(m): 9:18am On Dec 22, 2014
He was in Half of a Yellow Sun, he played the house help of Odenigbo, Ugu.
When I saw him, mheeen he looked too fresh to be Nigerian but still too chiseled to not be Nigerian.
Re: John Boyega In The New Star Wars Movie Has Nigerian Parents by LordReed(m): 12:07pm On Dec 22, 2014
optimusprime2:
He was in Half of a Yellow Sun, he played the house help of Odenigbo, Ugu.
When I saw him, mheeen he looked too fresh to be Nigerian but still too chiseled to not be Nigerian.

Oh really? I haven't seen that yet.
Re: John Boyega In The New Star Wars Movie Has Nigerian Parents by optimusprime2(m): 12:33pm On Dec 22, 2014
LordReed:

Oh really? I haven't seen that yet.
You really need to...
Though I was disappointed in the movie, the act was alright but with regards to the book it was adapted from, the screenplay was not up to par.
Anyway, that boy is pure Talent thats all I can say.
Re: John Boyega In The New Star Wars Movie Has Nigerian Parents by LordReed(m): 12:40pm On Dec 22, 2014
optimusprime2:

You really need to...
Though I was disappointed in the movie, the act was alright but with regards to the book it was adapted from, the screenplay was not up to par.
Anyway, that boy is pure Talent thats all I can say.

Looking forward to seeing him in Star Wars.

1 Like

Re: John Boyega In The New Star Wars Movie Has Nigerian Parents by Gr8lex(m): 11:28am On Dec 25, 2014
He was also on 24: Live Another Day
Re: John Boyega In The New Star Wars Movie Has Nigerian Parents by LordReed(m): 1:52pm On Dec 25, 2014
Gr8lex:
He was also on 24: Live Another Day

I like that he is being seen in numerous productions.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria In Darkness: Channels TV Presenter Uses Power Bank On Air (PHOTO) / Are Nigerians Ready For A Nigerian Sci-fi Film? / Multichoice Gives Subscribers 2 Weeks Free Trial Of New Dstv & Gotv Packages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.