Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,749 members, 7,824,156 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

My 100 Level Experience In UNIBEN. (continuation) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My 100 Level Experience In UNIBEN. (continuation) (1726 Views)

My 100 Level Experience In UNIBEN. (first Semester) / My 100 Level Experience In UNIBEN... (continuation)- Me And Chairman... / Memories Of My Days In 100 Level (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My 100 Level Experience In UNIBEN. (continuation) by Nobody: 7:57pm On Dec 04, 2014
...As I went back the compound of the Auditorium, I met my new coursemates in another queue. Then I began to get this feeling that my Lacasera is about to burn out. The Pharmaceutical Association of Nigerian Students' (PANS) excos and congress-man Eze Alex (who will later become a friend of mine) were there to help us organise ourselves and make the process easier for us.
I spent about 5 minutes on this New queue and I did not spend it just standing there, as I was also arranging my files in the proper format as outlined by the School Authority.
Now it was nearly 11:50 am when we were called into the auditorium and wait for our Turn as we sat behind the clearance officer. It immidiaitely dawned on me that I haven't sat down since I got down from that bus at about 7' that morning and now it was nearly 12 noon and I was also sweating profusely with my handkerchief already as wet as a Towel that has just been brought out of the river. So we all took our seats and I spent the first 5 minutes appreciating the gift of relaxation. And all the PANS excos came one after the other passing lists for us all to drop our names, Phone numbers and DOBs as they addressed us. And then, from behind, a hand tapped me. I looked back and it was Joshua, who offered me a meatpie. I did reject it, though at first. But then I thought to myself: "It's our first day of meeting since we've known eachother on facebook, and it's the first time He's offering me something. Wouldn't it be rude if I reject?". Then I looked back at him again and said: "Maybe I'll just have that Meat Pie.", and as he handed it over to me, I said in my most polite tune, "Thank you.", and He replied, "You're welcome".
In the first seat ahead of us was seated our clearance officer, Pharm. (Barr) GoodMan* Oba* (**names changed**), who was, as well, our course advicer and will be our most admired man in the faculty, and next to him was his assistant, Dr. GoodWill* Roseman* (**names changed**), whom I found to be Nicest male Lecturer in the Faculty. He always used all the opportunity he had to advice us based on Academics, and believe me when I say "A lecturer as such, will make a good Husband and father".
Then I sat patiently, waiting for my turn as we were been cleared one after the other.
Not much happened the rest of that day, as I was, Luckily, the last to be cleared for the day. And it was now about 4:00pm when I was, as I will always say LUCKILY, cleared. The rest of the clearance week went well. Although there was a time I ran into a bit of Trouble, when I saw a Female friend of mine walking into the auditorium and I wanted to catch up with her. As I was rushing in, at the gate, I heard a guy say "Hey, you! Come here.", I continued because I never thought he was talking to me. He repeated himself again and I still didn't answer. And then He whistled at someone in front of me, who now walked up to me and said, "Guy, Chairman dey call you". When I heard the word, "Chairman", my Heart jumped and I began to pray in my mind, "Save me Lord, or I perish" repeatedly, a prayer every Catholic ought to say in times of temptations. When I walked to where "Chairman" was standing, I quickly said "Good Morning, Sir", bowing at him. He claimed to have already been pieced off by my action of neglecting his call, as He was talking, I was just praying in my head. This was why I was praying: the guy was huge, like two of me, combined to form one, he had tattoos, had side beards like Rickross and with a deep voice. And the he said "You Get Money?", then I replied, "Yes", He then whispered a shout at me, "Shut Up! You no get Money! You think say you get, but you no get!", and it was true, I don't have any money, even the T-fare I had in my pocket that day was given to me by my parents as well as every other thing I had, starting from my T-shirt to my Boxers, they were all provided by my Parents, and I am moreover, not from a Wealthy Family, but was from a Family of middle class. But truely, I thought he said, "You hear Me?" and that was why I replied "Yes", if I had known the question He really did ask, my reply would have been a Straight "NO!". This Mistake now added to Number 2 crime against "Chairman" after I first ignored his call because I thought He was a Rude Camera Man calling a costumer (although, to avoid Life threatening stories that touch, I didn't tell him this), and now, how the hell Am I supposed to get out of this Mess?

To be Continued...
Re: My 100 Level Experience In UNIBEN. (continuation) by DUOz(m): 9:45pm On Dec 04, 2014
Good go on
Re: My 100 Level Experience In UNIBEN. (continuation) by aprokomania(m): 8:05am On Dec 05, 2014
chairman?
in auditorium?
how?
Re: My 100 Level Experience In UNIBEN. (continuation) by DUOz(m): 10:13am On Dec 05, 2014
aprokomania:
chairman?
in auditorium?
how?
Dats probably his nickname la

1 Like

Re: My 100 Level Experience In UNIBEN. (continuation) by Nobody: 10:50am On Dec 05, 2014
aprokomania:
chairman?
in auditorium?
how?

yeah, just as [DUOz] said, it's the nickname for the guy...

Check the continuation here:

https://www.nairaland.com/2030199/100-level-experience-uniben-continuation

(1) (Reply)

Writers Wanted For Lagos Literary And Arts Journal (www.lagosliteraryjournal.com / What If There Were No Sunday! A Must Read / IBADAN Ni Mo Wa - My Ibadan Lifestyle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.