Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

Wake Up Call To SLEEPING Christians - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Wake Up Call To SLEEPING Christians (499 Views)

The Sleeping Christians / The Sleeping Christians / How Can One Stop Sleeping In Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Wake Up Call To SLEEPING Christians by Samneer: 11:48pm On Dec 04, 2014
Often times we wonder when we pray, and it seems the answers are not manifesting. Take for example, you find yourself in such a situation that the last thing you did was to go down on your knee to pray to the almighty God. Despite your fervency in the place of prayer all you got back was a blank paper. You continue to wonder and reason using your human comprehension and seeking inwardly where you’ve gone wrong, for you yourself you know what the scripture says “if I regard iniquity in my heart the lord will not hear me” such was your believe. You kept yourself holy righteous and consecrated unto the Lord, yet what you got back was disappointment. So, you made a mind conclusion never to pray to that invisible but doing visible things again. You lost hope, you gave up on faith, and thus you blaspheme.

Now, let me take you aback. When you first accepted Christ as your personal saviour and lord, and at the cross you laid it all down, you cried, confessed, and carried the mantel of salvation, you repented and made up your mind that nothing will separate you from the Love of Christ. Oh! What a glorious day, you sang praises to His name and you became solemn. You were like the little Christ.

So, wonderful was the experience that at the mention of the name of Christ, enemies bow before you, devil flees, strong holds were pulled down and you became an over comer. At the slightest prayers you got instantaneous answers. Alas! You were so joyous that you have forgotten that you relented. You rested and thought you’ve reached the comfort zone. Have you forgotten that the devil is going up and down looking for whom he may devour (1 Peter 5:cool? So, you slept. Have you also forgotten that the devil came while men slept, to plant that little plant that later germinated into a big tree today?

Wake up Christian, you’ve slept too much; pull on the whole armour of God! Resist the devil and his cohorts, rebuke him. Remember you need to guard your soul jelously whilst fighting the battle of life, less you lose your souls to the devil. Remember that whatsoever tree that my father in heaven has not planted shall be uprooted. Proclaim decree, overtake and conquer. If and only if you will come to the realization that you’ve let down your guards and you’ve let in the devil and enemies places in your life.

Prayer the key, the master key I would say. You have it. Whoever told you that you can’t make it, whoever told you that you wont be successful? Whoever told you that you will be stagnant? Whoever told you that you wont possess your possession? Tell them that it is not God who said that! Reply with- God said I will make it, God said I wiil move forward, God said I wont ever be stranded or jobless, God said I am His and nothing shall by any means hurt me.
GOD SAID IT AND TWICE HAVE I HEARD IT THAT POWER BELONGETH UNTO GOD.
I WOULD RATHER SAY GOD SAID IT, AND I BELIEVE IT AND THAT SETTLES IT FOR ME.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wake Up Call To SLEEPING Christians by lafflaff123(m): 5:58am On Dec 05, 2014

(1) (Reply)

How Is Thanksgiving Service In Your Church Today. / 10 Scriptures That Can Get You Through Anything / Confusion At Minna Biggest Friday Mosque As A Teenager Tried Gaining An Unsual E

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.