Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,032 members, 7,953,104 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:47 AM

Analysis Of Afcon Group C: Group Of Death - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Analysis Of Afcon Group C: Group Of Death (1561 Views)

Nigeria Vs Sudan: Afcon Qualifiers (3 - 1) On 15th October 2014 / Dbanj To Perform At The Closing Of AFCON 2013 / Germany 2006: Group C( Group of Death) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Analysis Of Afcon Group C: Group Of Death by ukukaegbu(m): 12:48pm On Dec 05, 2014
The draws of 2015 AFCON has been made with group C generally seen as the group of death. The group looks like this:

Ghana
Algeria
South Africa
Senegal

I’m going to predict the two teams that will make it out of the group, but first let me analyse the teams.

GHANA: Ghana is no doubt a strong force to reckon with in African football and they have a talented and passionate team. They also just hired Avram Grant, an experienced coach who has promised to bring back some disgruntled players that should include Prince Boateng and Sulley Muntari. But the absence of Kwadoa Asamoah due to injury will be a setback. They can qualify from the group but I have my doubts because of strong opposition in the group.

ALGERIA: Their exploits during the just concluded World Cup speak volume of their capabilities. During the FCON qualifiers, they lost only their last match after they had already qualified thus proving that their impressive outing at the World Cup was no fluke. I tip them to qualify from the group.

SOUTH AFRICA: Theirs is a highly motivated young team. We all saw what they did to Nigeria during the qualifiers. They stopped Nigeria when there was nothing at stake for them and Nigeria needed to win. Nigeria just managed to keep intact their record of never losing any competitive match to them. South Africa didn’t lose any match during the qualifiers. That shows how good they are. Their players are not as experienced as the others in the group and the AFCON tournament is different from the qualifiers, so I don’t think they will make it out of the group although I will like them to make it.

SENEGAL: This team has many of their players plying their trade in Europe. They finished second in their group with 13 points (5 out of 7 group toppers actually finished with less than 13 points). They beat Egypt home and away during the qualifiers. I first took notice of their skills during the World Cup qualifying play-off against Ivory Coast. Though they lost out, they gave a very good account of themselves (their home games were actually played outside their country). I tip them to qualify from the group.

You can now make your own predictions. Mine are ALGERIA and SENEGAL.

The first correct prediction gets a prize from me.
Re: Analysis Of Afcon Group C: Group Of Death by Baddestguyp(m): 12:51pm On Dec 05, 2014
I know Algeria will qualify but I can't predict d rest
Re: Analysis Of Afcon Group C: Group Of Death by ukukaegbu(m): 12:54pm On Dec 05, 2014
Baddestguyp:

Then, make a guess.
Re: Analysis Of Afcon Group C: Group Of Death by Basildvalour(m): 1:08pm On Dec 05, 2014
Ghana, Algeria Qualifies

1 Like

Re: Analysis Of Afcon Group C: Group Of Death by stuff46(m): 1:10pm On Dec 05, 2014
Basildvalour:
Ghana, Algeria Qualifies
seconded
Re: Analysis Of Afcon Group C: Group Of Death by busterr(m): 1:25pm On Dec 05, 2014
ghana and algeria.

never liked south africa
Re: Analysis Of Afcon Group C: Group Of Death by ukukaegbu(m): 1:29pm On Dec 05, 2014
busterr:
ghana and algeria.

never liked south africa

Is it because they stopped us? It's not their fault that we didn't qualify, but ours.

1 Like

Re: Analysis Of Afcon Group C: Group Of Death by Nobody: 2:48pm On Dec 05, 2014
Algeria and Ghana.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Analysis Of Afcon Group C: Group Of Death by AceOfDiamonds(m): 6:54pm On Dec 05, 2014
Baddestguyp:

Same thoughts!
All things being equal,Algeria will definitely proceed from the group

S'up?
Re: Analysis Of Afcon Group C: Group Of Death by Nobody: 9:35pm On Dec 05, 2014
Nice analysis by the OP but I have a slightly contrary opinion..
I expect Algeria and South Africa to go through.
I have absolute no beef for Ghana and Senegal , I agree that they have a very strong squad and experienced players who play their trades in Europe.
Starting with Ghana, a team full of your averagely young, experienced players who are hungry for success but Avram Grant.
They got a new coach barely 2months to Africa Cup of Nation, they coach has little time to understand the dynamics and psychology of the players individually and a team as a whole.
A coach who has little or no experience about Africa Teams and terrains.
These could make it difficult for them to qualify from this group of death.
Senegal., Teranga Lions, is a team made up young, experienced , energetic players.
On paper, based on the quality of players they have in the team, they should qualify from this group.
In the last two editions of this tournament, they equally had quality and experienced players in their team but nothing to show for it.
That shows that name doesn't win match a team...My intuition tells me that their antecedent would still replay itself.
Looking at a youthful, pacy, hungry and entertaining South African team, only God and Algeria can stop them!

1 Like

Re: Analysis Of Afcon Group C: Group Of Death by ukukaegbu(m): 12:28am On Dec 06, 2014
casket:
Nice analysis by the OP but I have a slightly contrary opinion..
I expect Algeria and South Africa to go through.
I have absolute no beef for Ghana and Senegal , I agree that they have a very strong squad and experienced players who play their trades in Europe.
Starting with Ghana, a team full of your averagely young, experienced players who are hungry for success but Avram Grant.
They got a new coach barely 2months to Africa Cup of Nation, they coach has little time to understand the dynamics and psychology of the players individually and a team as a whole.
A coach who has little or no experience about Africa Teams and terrains.
These could make it difficult for them to qualify from this group of death.
Senegal., Teranga Lions, is a team made up young, experienced , energetic players.
On paper, based on the quality of players they have in the team, they should qualify from this group.
In the last two editions of this tournament, they equally had quality and experienced players in their team but nothing to show for it.
That shows that name doesn't win match a team...My intuition tells me that their antecedent would still replay itself.
Looking at a youthful, pacy, hungry and entertaining South African team, only God and Algeria can stop them!

Nice analysis you did there, but Senegal were not at the last edition in South Africa. I guess they used that period to build their team to become the formidable force they are now.
Re: Analysis Of Afcon Group C: Group Of Death by M4gunners: 7:38am On Dec 06, 2014
Algeria and Ghana i guess will make it.
Re: Analysis Of Afcon Group C: Group Of Death by Nobody: 7:47am On Dec 06, 2014
ukukaegbu:

Nice analysis you did there, but Senegal were not at the last edition in South Africa. I guess they used that period to build their team to become the formidable force they are now.
oh my bad...thanks for the correction !
Re: Analysis Of Afcon Group C: Group Of Death by ukukaegbu(m): 9:00am On Dec 06, 2014
casket:

oh my bad...thanks for the correction !

U welcome bro.
Re: Analysis Of Afcon Group C: Group Of Death by jieta: 11:01am On Dec 06, 2014
algeria and senegaal my predition
Re: Analysis Of Afcon Group C: Group Of Death by ukukaegbu(m): 11:50am On Dec 06, 2014
With the way everyone is tipping Algeria, it's like they'll win the next AFCON trophy.
Re: Analysis Of Afcon Group C: Group Of Death by homesteady(m): 11:53pm On Dec 06, 2014
anytime I see topics about AFCON, I just get so so angry!
Musa God will punish you gor missing those 2 grea chances against a makeshift goalkeeper! let me not just get started with Keshi angry
Re: Analysis Of Afcon Group C: Group Of Death by ukukaegbu(m): 11:28pm On Dec 08, 2014
homesteady:
anytime I see topics about AFCON, I just get so so angry!
Musa God will punish you gor missing those 2 grea chances against a makeshift goalkeeper! let me not just get started with Keshi angry

U aint alone

(1) (Reply)

10 Pictures Every Manchester United Fan Can Relate To / Checkout Cristiano Ronaldo Exotic Private Jet(photos) / Rejected VFL Has Become Pepos Salary!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.