Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,402 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

Liverpool Vs Sunderland (0 - 0) On 6th December 2014 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Liverpool Vs Sunderland (0 - 0) On 6th December 2014 (3287 Views)

Barcelona Vs Juventus : UCL (3 - 1) On 6th June 2015 / Newcastle Vs Chelsea (2 - 1) On 6th December 2014 / Stoke Vs Arsenal (3 - 2) On 6th December 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Liverpool Vs Sunderland (0 - 0) On 6th December 2014 by luvola(m): 10:28am On Dec 06, 2014
Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers must decide whether to rest Steven Gerrard, with Tuesday's must-win Champions League game in mind.

Philippe Coutinho is fit again and Jose Enrique could feature as he continues to be eased back after a knee injury.

Sunderland's Adam Johnson and Wes Brown are set to return after missing the midweek game with minor knocks.

Steven Fletcher is doubtful with a back injury while on-loan Sebastian Coates is ineligible against his parent club.
MATCH PREVIEW

Saturday, 6 December and a Liverpool against Sunderland clash. Let me take you back through the mists of time to find some clues as to what might happen this weekend...

Ah, 1930! A house would cost you £400 and a pint in your local just 2½p! Bread was a penny a loaf! Average wages were £160 a year mind you, and unemployment in the UK had just hit a million. Wall Street had crashed, you see. The world had gone pear-shaped. It was all a bit nutty.

So were First Division defences. Sunderland beat Liverpool 6-5 on 6 December that year. Thirty-one games involving either club produced five goals or more that season. Clues to this weekend's clash?

Liverpool look capable of scoring a few on current form as they look for a third win on the spin for the first time this season. Sunderland's defence was run ragged by Manchester City in the week after it was so solid against Chelsea. Ageing defenders couldn't cope with two tough games in a week - and here's a third tough task ahead of them.

Rickie Lambert has found his feet at Anfield now, and his ability to bring team-mates into play so cleverly will really test the visiting back four. So will the pace of Raheem Sterling and the guile of Adam Lallana.

It's 31 years since Sunderland won at Anfield. I can't see that miserable drought ending.

Liverpool have been heavily criticised this season. Judge them at the end of the month. If by then they've won this game, beaten Manchester United and Arsenal and reached the Champions League knockout stage and Capital One Cup semi-final, then Brendan Rodgers will be able to shut up those critics.

If Sunderland are as stubborn as they were against Chelsea , and bearing in mind Liverpool's creative limitations at home this season at times, this will be a tricky afternoon.

I doubt Sunderland will be expansive given that they've scored just five in seven games. But they could make it awkward.

So no repeat of December 1930, I'm afraid! I'd love it to happen. But then I'd also love beer at 2½p a pint.

http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/30257075
Re: Liverpool Vs Sunderland (0 - 0) On 6th December 2014 by idrisa334: 3:44pm On Dec 06, 2014
I hope Liverpool will win this match

Gerrard celebrates 11years as Liverpool Captain
Source: e reporter.com.ng/index.php/sports-news/item/556-gerrard-celebrates-11years-as-liverpool-captain
Re: Liverpool Vs Sunderland (0 - 0) On 6th December 2014 by onasa28(m): 3:44pm On Dec 06, 2014
K
Re: Liverpool Vs Sunderland (0 - 0) On 6th December 2014 by Highvotage: 3:46pm On Dec 06, 2014
Oma negba ni.
Re: Liverpool Vs Sunderland (0 - 0) On 6th December 2014 by kendrick93(m): 3:58pm On Dec 06, 2014
ynwa... lets smash them
Re: Liverpool Vs Sunderland (0 - 0) On 6th December 2014 by Nobody: 4:43pm On Dec 06, 2014
Make I help dis ministry small
Re: Liverpool Vs Sunderland (0 - 0) On 6th December 2014 by Nobody: 4:43pm On Dec 06, 2014
Eyaah... Nobody dey to comment on this thread..

Once a Legend shaaa...........
Re: Liverpool Vs Sunderland (0 - 0) On 6th December 2014 by kevoh(m): 4:46pm On Dec 06, 2014
grin O boy zero page since morning...!
Re: Liverpool Vs Sunderland (0 - 0) On 6th December 2014 by Flygeriansteve: 4:49pm On Dec 06, 2014
Arsenal hw market na? grin
Re: Liverpool Vs Sunderland (0 - 0) On 6th December 2014 by kendrick93(m): 4:50pm On Dec 06, 2014
bring on gerrard
Re: Liverpool Vs Sunderland (0 - 0) On 6th December 2014 by Nobody: 4:56pm On Dec 06, 2014
grin
Re: Liverpool Vs Sunderland (0 - 0) On 6th December 2014 by ghettodreamz(m): 5:01pm On Dec 06, 2014
Second half!

#YNWA
Re: Liverpool Vs Sunderland (0 - 0) On 6th December 2014 by Nobody: 5:53pm On Dec 06, 2014
liverpool 0:3 sunderland
Re: Liverpool Vs Sunderland (0 - 0) On 6th December 2014 by Nobody: 5:54pm On Dec 06, 2014
Liverpool must lose.... After dat, then man shitty..... No win for those big team today. Since their boss don lose
Re: Liverpool Vs Sunderland (0 - 0) On 6th December 2014 by Nobody: 5:56pm On Dec 06, 2014
Re: Liverpool Vs Sunderland (0 - 0) On 6th December 2014 by Nobody: 6:01pm On Dec 06, 2014
mukina2 is ignoring me now sad

hey, its not my fault i predicted the loss nau. You had the chance to avert it by praying as i asked you to or buy me juice and popcorngrin but you did not. Ok i yam so ry na grin

dont be vex again grin

hmmm liverpool... I said it.

Now you know better than messing with this football prophet angry

all the same, take heart ehn grin grin
Re: Liverpool Vs Sunderland (0 - 0) On 6th December 2014 by mukina2: 6:05pm On Dec 06, 2014
CalabarBoi:
mukina2 is ignoring me now sad

hey, its not my fault i predicted the loss nau. You had the chance to avert it by praying as i asked you to or buy me juice and popcorngrin but you did not. Ok i yam so ry na grin

dont be vex again grin

hmmm liverpool... I said it.

Now you know better than messing with this football prophet angry

all the same, take heart ehn grin grin
angry
Re: Liverpool Vs Sunderland (0 - 0) On 6th December 2014 by Nobody: 6:14pm On Dec 06, 2014
mukina2:

angry

has anyone told you that you look prettier with that v on your forehead? grin grin
Re: Liverpool Vs Sunderland (0 - 0) On 6th December 2014 by CHOGON1: 5:34am On Dec 08, 2014
CHOGON Facilities Services Limited (a division of CHOGON WILLS LIMITED) is an indigenous total facilities management company offering global standard services to individuals and businesses across different sectors of the economy including Real Estates, residential and business premises, Food processing companies, Oil & Gas, Telecommunications, Financial services, Manufacturing etc.
We are probably the most diversified facilities management company in the country today; providing a complete range of tailor-made business support services ranging from Fumigation/Pest Control Services , Environmental Services and Building maintenance services. Interestingly, while delivering value for money, Timeliness (speed) and safety standards to our clients we maintain optimal balance between quality and cost. Our Range of services includes Hard MEC, Soft FM services and Security services.
SOFT FACILITIES SERVICES INCLUDES;
• Professional Cleaning & Janitorial services
• Fumigation & Pest control
• Executive House Keeping service
• Professional Tea/Pantry services
• Sewage Management Service
• Post Construction Cleaning
• General Facilities Procurements and Supplies.
• Security/Manned Guard Services .
HARD FACILITIES SERVICES INCLUDES;
• Generator Maintenance
• Air conditioning maintenance
• Electrical/Power Maintenance
• Plumbing service
• Fire Safety installation& Maintenance
• Bore hole and water treatment maintenance

CONTACT US AT
10 Diya Street Gbagada-Lagos
info@chogonfacilities.com
www.chogonfacilities.com

(1) (Reply)

Full Name Of Kaka & Robinho / Official: Arsenal Completes Gervinho Signing From Lille / PHOTOS: Alex Song & Gerard Pique Fight During The Celebration Of LA LIGA Triumph

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.