Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,059 members, 7,956,955 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 11:58 PM

Whoever Is Responsible For Nairaland Frontpage(super Mod) - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Whoever Is Responsible For Nairaland Frontpage(super Mod) (1198 Views)

Nominee For Nairaland AWARDS / Is Ishilove The New "Super Mod"? / Strange Aircraft Responsible For Building Collapse-TB Joshua (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Whoever Is Responsible For Nairaland Frontpage(super Mod) by Nobody: 1:51pm On Dec 06, 2014
Few month ago, Seun posted about a vacancy of Supermod on Nairaland, asking those interested to apply.
A notice on the frontpage this day seems somehow akward, I woke this morning by 9am seeing about 13 new topics when I slept around 1:30am. In most cases this topics look somehow irrelevant and why you see immature comment from Nairaland and the france schooling crew.

What I noticed so far during the last 4 days or thereabout is post from lalasticlala (not hating though) always made front page. From my own personal intuition, I feel the supermod employed follows lalasticlala and some others thus any of their topic is just move to straightway.

What happens to the old days when post will have gotten to page 1 or 2 before moving it to the front page. In topics posted then, you gain from people commenting and not only the post itself

Then, if you aren't opportuned to surf the net for two days, you still met topics you missed on front page. But now, reverse is the case don't visit nairaland for 12hours then you look like a new visitor why revisiting again.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Whoever Is Responsible For Nairaland Frontpage(super Mod) by Nobody: 1:58pm On Dec 06, 2014
inexperience...
simply inexperience!
Re: Whoever Is Responsible For Nairaland Frontpage(super Mod) by Nobody: 2:09pm On Dec 06, 2014
Most people don't read more than one page of comments so your complaint is null.
When a thread is moved to the frontpage, it most times loses relevance because trolls and immature kids start posting inane comments. I'm beginning to prefer serious minded threads don't make frontpage to retain a feel of intellectualism.

As you can see anyway, the new supermod is doing a good job as people stay longer on nairaland reading topic after topic but post less. I like the change in variety and any serious poster can benefit the joy of hitting frontpage.

1 Like

Re: Whoever Is Responsible For Nairaland Frontpage(super Mod) by Toktee(m): 2:10pm On Dec 06, 2014
I open a thread that,"mention your state and what pdp/jonathan have done to deserve another term of four years"the thread had about 70plus coment with two pages,nothing has happened,ur observation is correct,something is wrong.
Re: Whoever Is Responsible For Nairaland Frontpage(super Mod) by Nobody: 2:10pm On Dec 06, 2014
I couldn't agree more, a new topic whic has not had up to 5 comments has no business on front page.

1 Like

Re: Whoever Is Responsible For Nairaland Frontpage(super Mod) by Fabdedon(m): 2:15pm On Dec 06, 2014
ok
Re: Whoever Is Responsible For Nairaland Frontpage(super Mod) by marieolae(f): 2:56pm On Dec 06, 2014
Well I actually think "lala.." Is a supermod, along with MrRealStann..

Honestly, the rate at which some irrelevant topics are reaching the front page frightens me.
I checked the front page yesterday, only to see.." Tonto dike wears a new outfit"....

Nairaland can definitely do better than that!
Re: Whoever Is Responsible For Nairaland Frontpage(super Mod) by lalasticlala(m): 4:34pm On Dec 06, 2014
mail d super mods.

(1)

Weird! What They Called 'chilling Out.' / Working On Your Self Esteem / Could This Be The Nigeria Longest Username On Facebook? Pics Below

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.