Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,199 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

Why Do Many Christians Wish Their Human Enemies Dead? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Many Christians Wish Their Human Enemies Dead? (1773 Views)

5 Things some Christians Wish Jesus Didn't Say / Why Many Christians Will Miss The Rapture! / How Many Christians Can Boldly Say This..? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Many Christians Wish Their Human Enemies Dead? by Austin234(m): 9:02pm On Dec 06, 2014
Why do many Christians wish their human enemies dead.

'But I say unto you, love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you'. Mathew 5 vs 43.
It is not uncomon to hear among born again christians praying for their human enemies to die by fire. Honestly, I see wickednes among brethren. I see bad spirit and revengeful among christians of nowadays.
The above scripture verse ask us to pray 4 our enemies. Jesus prayed 4 his killers on d cross, 'father forgive them for they do not know what they are doing'. Where is dis type of heart among christian brethren today.
Stephen, d 1st christian matayr, prayed for d forgivenes of his killers. Cud u believe dat dis prayer led to Paul's conversion. If he had prayed 4 fire to consume all his enemies perhaps Paul wont have been converted.
In conclusion, christians shud stop praying 4 d death of their human enemies but ask God 4 his grace to open their eyes. May God give us a beta heart 4 kingdom lifestyle. Amen
Re: Why Do Many Christians Wish Their Human Enemies Dead? by Gmajor(m): 9:43pm On Dec 06, 2014
u have obviously been involving urself with the wrong kind of christians
Re: Why Do Many Christians Wish Their Human Enemies Dead? by elomepee: 9:51pm On Dec 06, 2014
Good question. Now why will humans make themselves enemies of their fellow ? ? ?
Re: Why Do Many Christians Wish Their Human Enemies Dead? by Raiders: 9:51pm On Dec 06, 2014
Most Nigeria Christians wish death on their enemy
Re: Why Do Many Christians Wish Their Human Enemies Dead? by Krak(m): 9:59pm On Dec 06, 2014
Those are baby Christians who have been brainwashed by marabouts who call themselves men of God.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Many Christians Wish Their Human Enemies Dead? by motherlode: 10:32pm On Dec 06, 2014
In the church I am attending @MFM we don't pray against our enemies directly but we pray against the evil spirit and power that is controlling them to do evil!!! “But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also. And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloke also.” (Matthew 5:39,40). It simply means love your enemies even when you know they hate you so much.....

“Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord” (Romans 12:19). 
do not avenge your enemies for the evil they have done but call and wait on the lord he will repay all according to their deeds
Re: Why Do Many Christians Wish Their Human Enemies Dead? by saintvc(m): 11:48pm On Dec 06, 2014
god didnt kill satan

1 Like

Re: Why Do Many Christians Wish Their Human Enemies Dead? by SeverusSnape(m): 12:00am On Dec 07, 2014
A popular Pentecostal church comes to mind "fire! fire!! fire!!!"...."die! die!! die!!!".They have one defense.... "The kingdom of God suffereth violence and the violent taketh it by force... bla bla".

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Many Christians Wish Their Human Enemies Dead? by Austin234(m): 2:21am On Dec 07, 2014
Gmajor:
u have obviously been involving urself with the wrong kind of christians

Dont u hear it even on tv and radio, fire fire fire d enemies. They wil quote some scripture to back it up like d kingdom of sufereth voilent frm d days of John d baptist
Re: Why Do Many Christians Wish Their Human Enemies Dead? by Austin234(m): 2:28am On Dec 07, 2014
elomepee:
Good question. Now why will humans make themselves enemies of their fellow ? ? ?

Dat is a question for d practitioners
Re: Why Do Many Christians Wish Their Human Enemies Dead? by Krak(m): 7:26am On Dec 07, 2014
motherlode:
In the church I am attending @MFM we don't pray against our enemies directly but we pray against the evil spirit and power that is controlling them to do evil!!! “But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also. And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloke also.” (Matthew 5:39,40). It simply means love your enemies even when you know they hate you so much.....

“Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord” (Romans 12:19). 
do not avenge your enemies for the evil they have done but call and wait on the lord he will repay all according to their deeds

So it is spirits you are killing when your members keep shouting "DIE! DIE!! DIE!!!" with all their strenghts.

Give me any example of this in the Bible where you see spirits being killed.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Many Christians Wish Their Human Enemies Dead? by motherlode: 1:43pm On Dec 07, 2014
Krak:

So it is spirits you are killing when your members keep shouting "DIE! DIE!! DIE!!!" with all their strenghts.

Give me any example of this in the Bible where you see spirits being killed.

Leviticus 19:31 - Regard not them that have familiar spirits, neither seek after wizards, to be defiled by them: I [am] the LORD your God.
Leviticus 20:27- A man also or woman that hath a familiar spirit, or that is a wizard, shall surely be put to death: they shall stone them with stones: their blood [shall be] upon them. E.g. Jezebel though JESUS cast out demons and familiar spirits but if those demons proved too big to be casted out then they must DIE because Jesus hated demons and they(demons) were always afraid of the power and authority in the Name.
Re: Why Do Many Christians Wish Their Human Enemies Dead? by Krak(m): 1:57pm On Dec 07, 2014
motherlode:

Leviticus 19:31 - Regard not them that have familiar spirits, neither seek after wizards, to be defiled by them: I [am] the LORD your God.
Leviticus 20:27- A man also or woman that hath a familiar spirit, or that is a wizard, shall surely be put to death: they shall stone them with stones: their blood [shall be] upon them. E.g. Jezebel though JESUS cast out demons and familiar spirits but if those demons proved too big to be casted out then they must DIE because Jesus hated demons and they(demons) were always afraid of the power and authority in the Name.

You did not answer my question. I said give me examples of spirits that were killed in the bible. Not mortals.

And please how do you have the power to kill something that you cannot cast out?

And dont claim what Jesus did not say or mean.
Re: Why Do Many Christians Wish Their Human Enemies Dead? by tanfani: 2:42pm On Dec 07, 2014
motherlode:

mumu! see how this one just twisted the Bible. Jesus came to correct the wrong doctrines of the old testament. that's why he saved the harlot from getting stoned. And he didn't hate demons, they hated him but he didn't have time to hate back because he is of a higher authority
Re: Why Do Many Christians Wish Their Human Enemies Dead? by motherlode: 2:50pm On Dec 07, 2014
tanfani:

mumu! see how this one just twisted the Bible. Jesus came to correct the wrong doctrines of the old testament. that's why he saved the harlot from getting stoned. And he didn't hate demons, they hated him but he didn't have time to hate back because he is of a higher authority

i don't blame you, you are what you call yourself MUMU grin; after putting down such then answer the question nah cheesy. ITK no go kill you! undecided
Re: Why Do Many Christians Wish Their Human Enemies Dead? by asudan: 3:16pm On Dec 07, 2014
Austin234:
Why do many Christians wish their human enemies dead.

'But I say unto you, love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you'. Mathew 5 vs 43.
It is not uncomon to hear among born again christians praying for their human enemies to die by fire. Honestly, I see wickednes among brethren. I see bad spirit and revengeful among christians of nowadays.
The above scripture verse ask us to pray 4 our enemies. Jesus prayed 4 his killers on d cross, 'father forgive them for they do not know what they are doing'. Where is dis type of heart among christian brethren today.
Stephen, d 1st christian matayr, prayed for d forgivenes of his killers. Cud u believe dat dis prayer led to Paul's conversion. If he had prayed 4 fire to consume all his enemies perhaps Paul wont have been converted.
In conclusion, christians shud stop praying 4 d death of their human enemies but ask God 4 his grace to open their eyes. May God give us a beta heart 4 kingdom lifestyle. Amen
it is not as if they wish their fellow human being death. but some persons are just wicked and they have resulted to comit evil. Jesus said that "man's enemy are within " .It's the evil spirit that most persons pray against not the human being. but if the perpetrator of such act refuses to repent, he will be consumed because our God is consuming fire. Jehovah is love and the same time a consuming fire, so it's a two way thing moreover he's the one that decide to consume or not. He chosens who to spare or not spare. He's the God of vengeance because he avenge for those that cast their petition before him. Their cases where some persons call of the fire of God that they end up consuming themselves.
Re: Why Do Many Christians Wish Their Human Enemies Dead? by Krak(m): 3:16pm On Dec 07, 2014
motherlode:

i don't blame you, you are what you call yourself MUMU grin; after putting down such then answer the question nah cheesy. ITK no go kill you! undecided

Sorry to say say but he is right. Although sorry for the insult.
Re: Why Do Many Christians Wish Their Human Enemies Dead? by motherlode: 3:22pm On Dec 07, 2014
Krak:

You did not answer my question. I said give me examples of spirits that were killed in the bible. Not mortals.

And please how do you have the power to kill something that you cannot cast out?

And dont claim what Jesus did not say or mean.
yes i didn't answer your question directly but indirectly because JEZEBEL had a familiar spirit in her.
But what you don't understand is that when i mean killing spirits it's not by taking life because they don't die undecided and that is why familiar spirits keep tormenting people cheesy (even our G.O do say that spirits do not die but their powers can be rendered useless through prayers) so it means spoiling something i.e. their plans or making something to stop i.e. their activities :-) (according to definition 2 of KILL in the oxford advanced learners dictionary 8th edition) so when you pray against familiar spirits it weakens their spiritual activities or influence in a man's physical situation( which means God will render their powers useless cheesy) because you can't stop them directly but indirectly in the form of prayers +HOT ONE+ like DIE DIE DIE grin.
Re: Why Do Many Christians Wish Their Human Enemies Dead? by motherlode: 3:28pm On Dec 07, 2014
Krak:

Sorry to say say but he is right. Although sorry for the insult.

yes i agree but he is just too forward. You only asked me to quote some bible verses which i did but i didn't complete because i was busy helping my DAD with sometinz but i have corrected myself in the last post.

Please don't let me get confused shocked by throwing me another question cheesy you've heard? grin
Re: Why Do Many Christians Wish Their Human Enemies Dead? by asalimpo(m): 4:49pm On Dec 07, 2014
There's biblical justifcation ,in case you dont know. But d greater option and admonition is to love.

1) when Jesus comes back @ d battle of armageddon, he smiles and tries to reason with his enemies?
No! He shouts "fire fire fire die die die " and their heads explode literally!
If Jesus can do tht to His enemies, why not you?
(ok, i exaggerated a bit. But Jesus speaks and they kpeme)

2) Jesus says in one of His preachings, curse not rather bless.
This means the mouth of a christian can launch holy rockets.

3) Jesus cursed the fig tree!
He did it because he wanted to.
His words carried power that caused wat He said to happen.
Before Jesus did that there was no scriptural support for that action but it was a reality all along.

4) Elijah locked up the sky with words.
And unlocked it.
At his will.
And the NT uses (think of it! ) skyLocker,Prophet Elijah, as an example and encouragement , to us all of the power of prayer!
If in the OT some1 cud lock d sky, in NT damage levels shud b higher.

5)
when a person arises to block d gospel or the wrk of God sometimes such a one will meet with death.
E.g there was a king tht took d glory due to God and he also slew one of d disciples, wen he ascended his throne to gloat, an angel struck him dead.

Some spiritual enemies,i mean humans operating without bodies cud b hell bnt on crushing you, in such cases you hav to go into war mode and ask tht they be cleared outta d way.

I read this from late mrs Bimbo Odukoya's newspaper Column.
Where a woman's husband was having an affair with an unmarried lady in his office. The woman warned the other lady to stay off her hussy to no avail, so she took it up in prayer.
She probably prayed eliminative prayers. One day, God told to cease praying on the matter.
The contesting babe shortly started experiencing banging headaches tht wudnt go away. It got to a point where d discomfort made her unable to cope at work.so she took sick leave of some few days. Meanwhile all hospital tests couldnt find any reason for the traumas.
The sick girls mother decided to take d advice of her pastor and fast for about 4 days on the issue.
At the end of the fast,Jesus appeared to her in a dream, and told her he was responsible for her daughter's headache. That His daughter ,the married rival, had petitioned Him on the matter, so He had taken the battle up and was fighting His child's enemy!
Unfortunately wen confronted on the issue the girl with d headache staunchly denied.
She never recovered but died from d strange banging headaches.

The other one, i read in a book,
titled Bible reading for the home.
A king/ruler in one of the Arab countries had ordered that all christians /christian missionaries evacuate d country under short notice or suffer unpleasant consequence.
A christian ,in shock,reported the news to his colleague, and was contemplating wat to do.
The Colleague proposed they present the matter to the Ruler above other rulers.
They prayed about it. In a twist of event,the threatening ruler, developed an infection, fell suddenly ill and died.
Re: Why Do Many Christians Wish Their Human Enemies Dead? by plaetton: 5:15pm On Dec 07, 2014
^^^
Bunch of baloney.

Jesus was not a Christian.
Elijah was not a Christian.

Humans flying with out bodies?
Have you seen one before, sir ?

Christian prayers are holy rockets?
Hilarious.
I wonder what Muslim prayers are, ballistic missiles?

Lol

1 Like

Re: Why Do Many Christians Wish Their Human Enemies Dead? by tijjanioyan: 7:17pm On Dec 07, 2014
Because they follow d teachings of jesus
Re: Why Do Many Christians Wish Their Human Enemies Dead? by Orunto: 7:44pm On Dec 07, 2014
Selfishness and Jealousy. They want to be alone to enjoy alone. The Prayer should be that God should destroy all wickedness in you, your neighbours and your enemies.

(1) (Reply)

Meet Pastor With 11 Wives, and Still On Trial For Rape! / Do you know what your Destiny as in store for you? / Catholic Priest Assassinated In Owerri (graphic Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.